• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Banjo-Kazooie Social Thread - Project Dream Come True!

Polarthief

Smash Lord
Btw one tiny, tiny weird thing I noticed... why did the splash screen say "Banjo-Kazooie are Raring to go"? The game is titled Banjo-Kazooie, but the character(s) it(them)self is(are) Banjo and Kazooie. Seems like a weird slip.

Last edited:

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
Um guys... i just discovered something but im only gonna tell you, if you don't get your hopes up...we cool? Alrighty then:

Amazon Germany listed this:
https://www.amazon.de/dp/B07SZX1165/ref=sr_1_4?__mk_de_DE=ÅMÅŽÕÑ&crid=I7LWYC0FA4BO&keywords=banjo+kazooie+nintendo+switch&qid=1560282534&s=gateway&sprefix=Banjo+Kazooie+n,aps,180&sr=8-4

A Banjo-Kazooie Game for the SWITCH!! It only says that: Banjo-Kazooie (Working Title) with the Switch as a plattform.

Boy, please don't play with my feelings....
Interesting. I hope it's real and not some weird mistake.

Btw one tiny, tiny weird thing I noticed... why did the splash screen say "Banjo-Kazooie are raring to go"? The GAME is titled Banjo-Kazooie, but the character(s) it(them)self is Banjo AND Kazooie. Seems like a weird slip.

It's probably considered like a tag-team name.

ZelDan

Smash Master
Congrats banjo fans! unfortunately I'm not one myself as I never got around to playing the games (something I might try and remedy with Banjo's Smash inclusion), but maybe Banjo's inclusion is a good sign for other characters who have sadly been sidelined for a large amount of years.

MissingGlitch

Smash Master
Lets talk about how Banjo is another sword fighter because he swings Kazooie around like one.

Last edited:

Vector Victor

Smash Lord
This Smash is for the 90s kids.
Are any of you in here with me?

I cant get over this.
I dont want to get over this.

I'm hyping so hard right now.
Funny enough, Banjo is only the third 90s character for Ultimate's roster. Half of this roster came from the 80s.

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
I would be legit sad if Sora got in over Geno, but because I at least got one of my top 5 (Banjo, coming in at #2), I wouldn't be as angry or upset. I finally got a top pick so I can't complain :D
(plus Sora's/BoobsMcGee's fanbases are way bigger than Geno's I'm sure)
I cannot logically argue for you.
But I understand that these are emotions.
And emotions want characters who brought us the feels.

Geno never brought me the feels.
Though I need to whip out that SNES classic to learn his magic.

It will still be different at the end of my 20s, though.

Funny enough, Banjo is only the third 90s character for Ultimate's roster. Half of this roster came from the 80s.
Born in- yes.
Popularized in? Nah. I am still counting K Rool here.
Hell I think I'm counting Ridley, too.
I don't consider myself an 80s kid, even if I was born in the last month.

Last edited:

papagenos

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-0554-8947-9778
It finally happened!!!

Feels absolutely unreal to get Banjo Kazooie in Smash!!! What a journey, but we finally did it!!!

Polarthief

Smash Lord
It's probably considered like a tag-team name.
I guess, but just seems weird. A friend of mine pointed out Duck Hunt, but the dog/ducks don't actually have names so there's nothing else to call them. Banjo and Kazooie obviously have names so it's weird not to say their names as such. It'd be like if Rosalina & Luma were "Rosalina-Luma" (not that I'm gonna really care either way; this is a microscopic thing that doesn't really matter, lol).

It finally happened!!!

Feels absolutely unreal to get Banjo Kazooie in Smash!!! What a journey, but we finally did it!!!
Feels great; rip Google theory though with the DQ heroes.

Last edited:

TheSpaceKing12

Smash Journeyman
NNID
IsaacForSSB4
3DS FC
2105-8706-4581
Life long Isaac supporter here. Congratulations. To each and every single one of you, from the bottom of my heart. Your dedication to your series, and your character, your enthusiasm and your energy, against all odds, has truly inspired me. As an Isaac supporter it's been rough. But seeing this outcry today from you all, it's given me the will to hang on as you all did yourselves. I have a long wait in front of me for my character. But you all have earned today's victory. I'm happy for all of you.

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
Life long Isaac supporter here. Congratulations. To each and every single one of you, from the bottom of my heart. Your dedication to your series, and your character, your enthusiasm and your energy, against all odds, has truly inspired me. As an Isaac supporter it's been rough. But seeing this outcry today from you all, it's given me the will to hang on as you all did yourselves. I have a long wait in front of me for my character. But you all have earned today's victory. I'm happy for all of you.
Sorry man. I am right there with you- the only RPGS That hold feeling for me are Golden Sun and Pokemon.
I really thought this game could have been Isaac's time, but I have moved into the unfortunate feeling he cannot get in without a new game of GS. (I dont believe a new smash will give us more characters, but instead, much less. So to me, its this game, under strict ideals, or never). Which is unfortunate to feel, as a fan.

Bubblestand

Smash Cadet
Ridley, K rool and Banjo??!! This is the best game ever!!!

I guess now onto the Geno thread!

Last edited:

PolarPanda

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-5723-5971-6209
It sounds like she's trying to cover her back regardless of who gets in to me. She doesn't want to get yelled at by fans of whatever characters doesn't get announced.

I'm putting my trust in Shinobi.
Of course I wanted to cover my back haha. I've leaked almost 20 games from E3, and I have a CND from Nintendo so I definitely didn't want to continue on to them. I never tweeted that I knew the Smash character. I said that I intended to share all of that on Monday, but as you know the CND prevented that. So, of course, I tweeted to not direct any of the smash fallout to me because I genuinely always took neutral stances on characters, especially since I was not legally allowed to share smash info anymore.

Vector Victor

Smash Lord
I cannot logically argue for you.
But I understand that these are emotions.
And emotions want characters who brought us the feels.

Geno never brought me the feels.
Though I need to whip out that SNES classic to learn his magic.

It will still be different at the end of my 20s, though.

Born in- yes.
Popularized in? Nah. I am still counting K Rool here.
Hell I think I'm counting Ridley, too.
I don't consider myself an 80s kid, even if I was born in the last month.
It was just amusing when K Rool/Banjo/Geno were being speculated how some people whined and complained about the 90s and nostaglia, demanding how none of those characters should be added as Smash was just catering to '90s manbabies.'

But they had no issue with Ridley, Simon, Daisy or Ken, who all debutted in the 80s.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
Something to note from that Amazon listing: it says December 2019, and I'm curious as to why the only platform listed is the Switch.

I'm afraid it might be a mistake, however if it's real then I can see an announcement happening pretty soon.

or they'll drop it on the last day of November.

Last edited:

MissingGlitch

Smash Master
Something to note from that Amazon listing: it says December 2019, and I'm curious as to why the only platform listed is the Switch.

I'm afraid it might be a mistake, however if it's real then I can see an announcement happening pretty soon.

or they're drop it on the last day of November.
December 29th-31st is a placeholder date for every game that doesn't have a release date yet.

Vector Victor

Smash Lord
Of course I wanted to cover my back haha. I've leaked almost 20 games from E3, and I have a CND from Nintendo so I definitely didn't want to continue on to them. I never tweeted that I knew the Smash character. I said that I intended to share all of that on Monday, but as you know the CND prevented that. So, of course, I tweeted to not direct any of the smash fallout to me because I genuinely always took neutral stances on characters, especially since I was not legally allowed to share smash info anymore.
Its a shame you had to go through that.

......anyway, is Dixie Kong in Smash? K thanks.

D

Deleted member

or they'll drop it on the last day of November.
Amazon always lists placeholder dates as December 31st of the current year. I'm betting on it being a mistake anyway but hey, today proved that sometimes miracles can happen.

Last edited by a moderator:

ChunkySlugger72

Smash Lord
Lets talk about how Banjo is another sword fighter because he swings Kazooie around like one.
In all honesty Kazooie is cooler than any Sword, She's like a Swiss army knife that can be used as a firearm, Melee weapon and she can fly.

Not to mention she's not afraid to talk any smack to anyone.

Nazyrus

Smash Champion
^^^^^^^

You all need to cut Sabi some slack. If you were under the same situation she was you would do the same. Or would you all be idiots and get further in trouble? Seriously yall, tell me what YOU would do. Be thankful she can still leak other stuff

Last edited:

Hypercat-Z

Smash Lord
Do you remember how Banjo appeared first in Diddy Kong Racing rather than in his very own game?
dkr003.jpg

Maybe it's happening again.

Nesysli

Smash Apprentice
I can't believe this day has come and just one day shy of my birthday as well! I still can't come to grips with the reality that BK are in Smash! Banjo-Kazooie are in freakin Smash! Holy crap I just can't comprehend it! I salute you fellow Banjo fans/supports for we've been through a long arduous journey but we've finally completed the Smash Bros puzzle! Thank you Microsoft/Rare/Nintendo and especially you Sakurai for making this grown-ass man even happier than ever!

Dixie Kong

Smash Ace
What is funny is that Banjo Kazooie is technically a spin off of a spin off. (Diddy Kong Racing, then Donkey Kong Country)

ZealousGamer

Smash Ace
I honestly want to see that pose from Banjo & Kazooie's splash screen be used for their Amiibo! Crazy huh? They will have an Amiibo!

Someday I'll play the Banjo Kazooie games but right now; I'm so happy for you all! :grin:

I'm hoping that with Banjo & Kazooie being in Smash it'll give Xbox reason to make a HD Remake or a full new game!

Speaking of Xbox; might want to send a letter to them for getting Banjo & Kazooie in as well as Sakurai huh? :p

Polarthief

Smash Lord
Not to mention she will talk smack to everyone.
FTFY.

I honestly want to see that pose from Banjo & Kazooie's splash screen be used for their Amiibo! Crazy huh? They will have an Amiibo!

I'm hoping that with Banjo & Kazooie being in Smash it'll give Xbox reason to make a HD Remake or a full new game!
Cannot wait to have the Amiibo (I only own 4, lol) and I'd settle for Rare Replay being ported to Switch. That's more than enough for me, but if we got a remake or Banjo-Threeie, I might lose my mind.

PS: If you don't mind collect-a-thons (I never really got why that's such a negative term to many), you should try it when you get the chance. It's just got a lot of charm, personality, and tons of fun gameplay.

Last edited:

EricTheGamerman

Smash Master
What a beautiful E3 and I'm delighted to see how realized both Banjo Kazooie and The Hero are in Smash. There has been a clear level of effort with Smash Ultimate DLC that absolutely seems to exceed what we saw in Smash 4. Joker was really the first taste at how much content and work were going into these DLC characters, and with the reveals today, I think the long wait time for DLC to properly start releasing makes more sense. Each of the three new series absolutely feels like substantial and meaty additions to the Smash roster.

And goddamn, I just got hype and couldn't stop grinning at how wonderfully they've realized Banjo Kazooie in Smash. I couldn't have asked for more from that reveal. Congrats Banjo bros, let's just hope we don't have to wait TOO long for them now.

WingedKnight

Smash Ace
I only had time to watch the first 5 minutes of the Direct before I had to go proctor an exam. I saw the Hero, and I went off to do my duty disappointed. They looked cool even though I have no personal experience with the franchise, but I feared that would be our only reveal. I got a chance to take a peek at a screen again just under 40 minutes later, hoping against hope that there would be one last surprise. I wasn't expecting it. I dared not dream of it. Then I tuned in to see K. Rool and the Kongs lounging around. I lost my mind before that Jiggy even bounced by. Absolutely incredible.

Everything about the announcement was perfect. The music, the sound effects, the animations, the stage, the moveset. I'm so glad they got Grant back on board, too, even if he had to lie to us for a bit there. This was all worth it, and I'm glad we saw it through to the end. Can't wait to actually play our beloved duo in a few months!

DrCoeloCephalo

Banned via Warnings
NNID
DrCoeloCephalo
3DS FC
5086-1965-6195
Switch FC
SW-2795-9234-1507
I'm really getting tired of all these anime swordsbears in Smash.
I know that you're joking and all but I'd like to note having become a Dragon Quest fan myself over the recent year that the Dragon Quest protagonists is more an issue of the developers' fault. In Dragon Quest games, while it's true that there are legendary swords that contribute to plot, the protagonist doesn't even HAVE to be a sword user. Dragon Quest has a wide variety of weapons the protagonist can use such as whips, hammers, axes, brass knuckle, boomerangs and can even order monster allies to fight in addition to being able to use magic. People that have actually played DQ know this. So this one is more on the developers for not doing more with them than just sword attacks.

It should also be noted that by virtue of popularity in Smash's homeland as well as the history and impact, Dragon Quest Hero is technically THE anime swordbearer.

Last edited:

smash puffle

Smash Ace
Hello guys. Congratulations on getting the bear and bird in Smash.
I made a video a while back speculating about the Fighters Pass, and Banjo was my first pick.
(Also excuse my voice, not too good at talking with a mic.

Here's hoping for my other 2 choices (Mike Jones and Phoenix Wright) make it in. RIP Slime.

Lycan Rex

Smash Ace
From this moment onward, banjo will never be a victim to the relevancy argument. Veterans are immune to it. That's why we still have :ultfalcon::ultlucas::ultroy::ultmarth::ultness:ect.

The only thing we have to worry about future installments, is if ninty and ms are still on good terms.

Top Bottom