• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Banned?

LinkinParkmetre

Smash Cadet
The chain grabs are a polemic subject.
You can 0 to death, you can infinite, and it (apparently) can't be DI'ed.
Are there special rules for this in tournament, because it's pretty usefull to make someone go to the edge then meteor, or finish him with and u smash fully charged. It's also pretty good to up the damages.

Is it banned, is it tolerated?

billythegoat

Smash Journeyman
the rule in houstan texas is only 3 grabs in a row, but if you were to interupt it with say 2 z-grabs then do a Hobble(foot stole c/g) and re-set therestanding animation with an ice block this is still an infinate and it is still leagal in Houstan, Texas.

KRDsonic

Smash Master
it's limited to 3 grabs in houston because the tourny host is biased against Ice Climbers "not just saying it, I'm talking about how he's talked about them". Either way, you can still infinite with them by doing the ice block to grab or footstool to grab. or release grab.

Ark22

Smash Apprentice
it's limited to 3 grabs in houston because the tourny host is biased against Ice Climbers "not just saying it, I'm talking about how he's talked about them". Either way, you can still infinite with them by doing the ice block to grab or footstool to grab. or release grab.

Its true, the host doesn't like infinite combo, but the rules are stated so that with a lot of practice, you can still pull off long grab strings and get a 0 - death combo. Lol, I remember at HOBO 5 when the first match I saw was the host vs Hylian, and Hylian deliberately used a legal infinite chain grab on him just to tick him off :laugh:

So really, it could be worse. Infinites aren't banned in most places; it is up to the tourney organizer to decide the rules.

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Its true, the host doesn't like infinite combo, but the rules are stated so that with a lot of practice, you can still pull off long grab strings and get a 0 - death combo. Lol, I remember at HOBO 5 when the first match I saw was the host vs Hylian, and Hylian deliberately used a legal infinite chain grab on him just to tick him off :laugh:

So really, it could be worse. Infinites aren't banned in most places; it is up to the tourney organizer to decide the rules.
HAHAHA :). I am soooo glad there was a crowd watching. Our first match ICs vs Marth and I **** the **** out of him with legal 0-death and he quit out the match.

The crowd laughed XD.

Straylit

Smash Cadet
Lawl
So, say me if i understood
To make a 0 to death legally, you have to ungrab him two times.
Is this that?
Not necessarily. You just cant do more than 3 consecutive grabs. You have to put things in between to reset the 3-count. The example used was the Ice Block Lock. You go from a grab, fthrow,, fair, ice block, regrab, repeat. There are other ways of doing this its just that Hylian found and patented this particular one to counter the Texas rule.

l3lue2ain

Smash Journeyman
Lol i wish I was there.... lol i would be like don't be a newb texas you knew what this was **** LOL.

l3lue2ain

Smash Journeyman
in texas it's the smash death penalty
lol i know where that icon came from the ninja turtles. Lol but anyway in texas I swear they always come up with special rules.. Like I remeber in Naruto 4 they did the samething to garra which was why he became so broken but that is another story. From all the things i have been reading about texas and they're rules it makes me wonder if its only a select few places that are are holding tournaments that everyone is goinig to. Can someone clarify ... ?

Top Bottom