• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

BASHDay (Charity Tourney) - November 12th - Toledo, Ohio @ University of Toledo

DarkLouis331

Smash Lord
UT BASH and BASHLAN present:

BASHDay Charity Tournament

(Venue Fees will be donated to Child's Play. This is a charity that donates games and books to sick children in hospitals.)

Tournament Organizers

UT BASH

BASHLAN

BASHDay Venue: Room 2582 in the Student Union

University of Toledo

2801 West Bancroft

Toledo, OH 43606

Parking and Directions:

The Student Union is the first building right behind the clock tower. You can't miss it once you're on campus.

Parking on campus is legal for anyone at and after 5:00 on Friday until sometime on Sunday.

Date and Time:

Friday, November 12th 2010

5:00 pm: Tournament and Free Play Begins

11:30 pm: Tournament and Free Play Ends

Brawl Singles is $7 per person

$5 is going toward the prize pot. $2 goes toward the venue fee.

Prizes vary depending on how many people show up:

NOTE: PRIZES ARE BEING PAID OUT IN A BEST BUY GIFT CARD.

(BASH is not allowed to distribute prizes in cash form.)

1st place: 60%

2nd place: 30%

3rd place: 10%

There will be Magic The Gathering Tournaments and Board Games as well.

Bringing setups to the event (Wii/Brawl/Television/Recording Equipment...or 1 of the 4) is STRONGLY encouraged. (However, the venue fee cannot be waived.)​

Brawl Singles Rules:
-Double Elimination tournament
-Best of 3 except for Losers' Finals, Winners' Finals. The Finals are best of 5 (may change)
-Bringing a controller to the tournament is strongly encouraged.
-Any controllers not made by Nintendo will need to be inspected by the TO's.
-If the Tournament Organizers call a player's name and they are not present within 30 seconds of the call; the player is disqualified.
-Bad sportsmanship will cause a player to be disqualified

Game Rules:
-3 stock
-8 minute time limit
-Items are set to "off" and "none"
-In the event of a dispute, controller ports will be decided via Rock-Paper-Scissors.
-If the timer runs out, the victor is determined first by stock and then percentage.
-Metaknight's Infinite Cape Glitch is banned.
-If a game ends by methods such as Bowser's suicide claw, Kirby/Dedede's inhale, Ganondorf's sideB/etc, sudden death will be ignored and the game will count as a win for the player who initiated the move.
-You are responsible for your own controller, television, Wii, game, recording equipment, etc. and name tags. Any errors or malfunctions that occur are your responsibility, so bring an extra controller if possible and always check to make sure that you're using the correct settings BEFORE a match is played. If a match is to be restarted due to controller functions, it must be agreed upon by both parties.
-Any action that can prevent the game from continuing (i.e., freezing, disappearing characters, game reset, etc.) will result in a forfeit of the match for the player that initiated the action. You are responsible for knowing your own character, and must be wary about accidentally triggering one of these effects.
-Stalling is banned

Stages:
-The first stage must be agreed upon by the two competitors
-Second and Third stages are chosen by the player that lost the round before. They choose from neutral and counterpick stages.

Stage List:

Neutral

Battlefield
Final Destination
Smashville
Yoshi's Island
Castle Siege
Halberd
Lylat Cruise
Pokémon Stadium 1

Counterpick
Brinstar
Delfino (moved from S/C)
Frigate Orpheon
Jungle Japes
Pictochat
Pirate Ship
Pokémon Stadium 2
Rainbow Cruise

Banned
Distant Planet
Green Greens
Luigi's Mansion
Port Town Aero Dive
Yoshi's Island (Pipes)
Norfair
75m
Big Blue
Bridge of Eldin
Corneria
Flat Zone 2
Green Hill Zone
Hanenbow
Hyrule Temple
Mario Bros.
Mario Circuit
Mushroomy Kingdom I
Mushroomy Kingdom II
New Pork City
Onett
Rumble Falls
Shadow Moses
Skyworld
Spear Pillar
The Summit
Wario Ware

Get hype, Toledo. I know the prizes aren't what you're used to, but the venue fee is going toward a good cause. Hopefully you guys can come and see what NW Ohio is about. It's a great place to have a Smashfest and earn a little pocket change.​

Attendance:

1. DarkLouis
2. Jasmine
3. SharkAttack
4. Raider88
5. SoulPech (?)
6. DanS1
7. Jkbabione
8. GigaBowserXyZ (?)
9. Clowsui (?)
10. VVK
11. Smoke
12. Tech_Chase (?)
13. Roller (?)
14. UT Bash members
15. UT students

Last edited:

DarkLouis331

Smash Lord
I'm actually not sure if I'm going to make it until 8:30 for this tournament. Possible work johns, but I will try to request off asap.

VVK

Smash Rookie
Excellent! hopefully i can make this one, will have to request off work, its been to long since I played a serious match up.

DarkLouis331

Smash Lord
Excellent! hopefully i can make this one, will have to request off work, its been to long since I played a serious match up.
Ditto. None of the other stock guys at my work have called off yet. But I may just have to come and watch grand finals. We'll see later on. An assistant manager left a note saying I needed off.

clowsui

Smash Legend
Louis I'll be here for a frisbee tournament, I think rofl
Trouble is I'll probably be arriving after the tourney starts. Oh well, if you pick me up I can do friendlies.

DarkLouis331

Smash Lord
Thanks guys. :3

Clowsui, I may be able to pick you up if you're in the Toledo area. I'm really hoping I can get work off. Like I said, my assistant manager left a note to my boss.

DarkLouis331

Smash Lord
Look forward to seeing you guys. I found out tomorrow if I'm working on that Friday or not. :C

If I do, I'll come and watch grand finals/play the winner.

SoulPech

Smash Master
it depends on some things:

1) If i get this callback on a new job soon.
2) If I don't work next Weekend.
3) If I get another car.

1 doesn't matter, but if I get 2 and 3, I shall be "A New Challenger Approaches" For Bash Day. Plus, I get to visit my sister again.

SharkAttack

Smash Lord
Yeah! I'm glad your able to make it to the tournament Louis. So far I'm going and I'm very confident Raider 88 is as well. As for Ruben, I can't say for sure, but I'm betting doubtful.

DarkLouis331

Smash Lord
bumpage. Let's hype this up this week, guys. :p

Student Government at UT said they would advertise Bashday this week. So hopefully fliers will be put up. :p

DarkLouis331

Smash Lord
Tech_Chase you should definitely come down and show us how it's done. >: D

I'm not expecting the turnout to reach 32 players, more around 16-20's range like we usually get. But if we could get some people from AA and stuff to come out, this could be a mini-tourney/Smashfest type of deal. :p 6 hours is plenty of time to get this done, so I believe there will be plenty of free play time available...unless the organizers have a rule against playing during the tourney. lol

clowsui

Smash Legend
i'll call if i end up getting here on time and we'll see where you are, chances are i won't

i know i posted earlier that i don't think i'll need a ride but just in case anyways LOL

SharkAttack

Smash Lord
Oh Snap! 2 more days. Getcha Popcorn ready. In fact better bring some extra salt and butter as well.

Top Bottom