• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Basic Brawl or Team Battle?

Warriors

Smash Journeyman
Which one do you choose? Personally i like
Team Battle better. The unexpected teamwork
you do with some random person just feels good.
Its especially better when you taunt the other team
after you kicked their a--

Ørion

Smash Ace
I assume you're talking about with anyone. I prefer teams, it's not quite as chaotic and requires a little more skill than a pit running off and spamming his arrows when everyone is paying attention to someone else.

ChroNoMakeR

Smash Cadet
Team Battle > With Anyone
But It's hard to find people there :x
Sometimes you have to wait 10 minutes to find 3 people for a team battle >.<

And there are less Ike players who are just spamming fsmash :laugh:

L 17

Smash Apprentice
The one time I tried team battle, it took an extremely long time (longer than basic brawl...that's saying something) and my teammate was an AFK pikachu.

-sonny-

Smash Journeyman
Basic Brawl. I hate relying on random people and I always feel like I'm better than my teammate. xD

-Water

Smash Cadet
Sudbury, ON. In Canada...DUH. I'd want to live bac
I like both, it's fun to attack random people, even just people like (Kirby, Pikachu, Peach, Ike, Sonic) taunting the whole fight, you can just run up to any of them and attack them. They'll probably run.

I like Team Battle because I'm always in fights alone and this makes me happy that I get to fight side by side with someone, even if they're not as good. It's still fun.

PowerBomb

Smash Master
I think I like Team Battle better, but taunting like an *** in Basic Brawl is hilarious.

Although the lag feels worse in Team Battle for some reason x.x

nin10do

Smash Journeyman
The people from Team Battle seem more skilled, so I choose that if I'm feeling competitive. Otherwise, I pick Basic Brawl (spammers in Team are also 10x more annoying than in Basic)

stratele

Smash Apprentice
I'm split.

Ill do team, but it can take a long time to find people, as you need four. But I love 1 vs 1 matches. So most of the time I do basic. Even though you don't get 1 v 1's very much.

Also yeh players on team brawl are usaly better.

I dunno I do both

Sosuke

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
8132-9932-4710
Team.
Basic isn't fun anymore.

urdailywater

Smash Hero
Basic Brawl.

Like just right now, found a random Jigglypuff and were Synchronizing Taunts.

So fun.

Douglas Jay Falcon

Smash Rookie
Team battle.For some reason though I always get paired with the idiot who does nothing but suicide with fox illusion or they keep on botching thier recovery with ness/lucas.This gets especially irritating when the other team starts taunting just cause my partner keeps on killing himself.

DTP

L o s t - in reality~
I've only ever done team battle once. It was alright, but nothin special. I usually play with anyone if I ever get desperate enough to do basic brawl in the first place. It sounds like team is where its at. Maybe I should look into it a bit more.

Zanoske

Smash Journeyman
Team battle is as fun as hell especially with Captain Falcon! Double killed with his Falcon punch once and I smiled. *smiles* but takes a long time to find 3 other people =\ So i just get FC team battles

Kazura

Smash Cadet
I like team battle better.

By the way, people playing around like in Basic Brawls annoys me. In Team Battle, your letting your partner get beat up while you play =\

lonewolfe

Smash Journeyman
I like Team Battles, especially when random acts of teamwork happen that you didn't expect, those are the replays I love saving.

Brav3r

Smash Journeyman
I usualy end up going into basic brawl that team battle. i think the idea of waiting three time longer in
team battle turns me away from it.
At Late night on basic brawl, i have a better chance of finding better players or just end up in the middle of a tuant party.(Its fun to crash tuant partys after a coulple of matches)

peeup

Smash Lord
At Late night on basic brawl, i have a better chance of finding better players or just end up in the middle of a tuant party.(Its fun to crash tuant partys after a coulple of matches)
I hate people like you, who always interrupt my taunt parties.

Kirbichu

Smash Apprentice
I personally like Team Battle better because there's more skill involved. Unless you get paired with a noob Jigglypuff.

Golem the Stern Father

Smash Champion
TyfighterLAND. Location#2: Illinois? Yeah.
I play the Sariku mode.

Where you team up with Sariku.

Against Sariku.

It's oodles of fun.
I need to get some of this action...

Basic Brawl.
I seemingly never get a partner that knows how to use tilts or up-b. Others with less skill typically play Basic Brawl, so it's easy to quickly repel with airials and edgehog. Plus, I'm able to color change, so if you're on Spectator, put your money on the character with a green alternative color change. (too bad I'm rarely on)

Royale

Smash Journeyman
Team battle is a great mode to train for being a good team mate, but the games are really slow to get going due to how its set up. Basic brawl surprisingly enough can get team battles going but those are also few and far in between.

TheDuplexDuo

Smash Journeyman
I would like team battles but Charizard is still suprisingly Red even in the blue costume. So I find myself hunting my own allies. But Basic brawls are awesome for my ol' Charizard. Everyone loves a good cup of RockSmash lightly broiled with flamethrower. With a small serving of Smash Attacks for dessert.

If your goin' to serve someone it must be done with the upmost care!

Meccs

@Meccs_
I always choose Team Battle if I want to play serious. I really only play basic if I'm looking for a taunt party.

A6M Zero

Smash Ace
Team battle all the way, except for those nine times out of ten your partner JUST WON'T STOP till he lands the warlock punch.

Looper

Smash Journeyman
majority of the time i go to team battles; 2 minute time battle is terrible for a 4-way free-for-all

Neon Ness

Designated Procrastinator
Definitely prefer Team Battle. It feels better to help someone achieve a goal than killdestroypunish all of the time. Random setup KOs are awesome! :chuckle: I especially like when I get paired with a Lucas player. Ness and Lucas is an insane team... People have a lot of trouble with that.

TheTomNookster

Smash Apprentice
Team Battle is way more fun, in my opinion. Despite the (supposedly) increased lag, it's more fun to team-up with a random person.

Top Bottom