• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Batcave Begins

God with a Wavebird

Smash Apprentice
The last tournament Eugene had wasn't as great as I had hoped. No offence to the TOs I think it was mainly the venue's fault. So I'm going to host my own tournament at my house "The Batcave" There's going to plenty of room. 7 people live here. We have 5 setups, but we can always use more. So if you want to bring one, please do.

POOLS: We're going to have pools since more melee=more fun! Pools will only determine seeding. Although, depending on the number of people and the demand, I might make a high and low bracket.

NO BRAWL: I'm tired of that motherf*cking game in my motherf*cking tournament. Sorry if you like Brawl<3

NO VENUE FEE: F*ck that sh*t. Sorry if you like venue fees <3

Melee singles: $5 entrance fee.
Melee doubles: $5 per person.
Project M: $1 per person .

Tentative Schedule
9:00am
Friendlies

1:30p
Final call for Registration (If you're going to be arriving late, text me and I'll put you in somehow 541-556-5505)

2:00pm
SSBM 1v1 Pools

4:00
SSBM 1v1 Tournament

5:00
SSBM 2v2 Tournament

6:00
Project M begins. $1 buy in. Random seeding(unless someone has a better suggestion[ill make sure people from the same city don't play each other])

1:00am
We smash till 1am or later, don't be a *****. Our couches are comfy so feel free to sleep on them so we can play more melee in the morning.

Prizes & Payouts
5-7 entrants
1st Place - 70%
2nd Place - 30%

8-16 entrants
1st Place - 60%
2nd Place - 30%
3rd Place - 10%

>16 entrants
1st - 55%
2nd - 25%
3rd - 15%
4th - 5%

Rules
Normal rules: http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=313252&
Sets will be best of 3.
Finals will be best of 5.

Address: 1310 E 23rd Ave Eugene, Oregon
Notes: http://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Batcave/139838216065674 This place is chillll. Bring some meth, I don't care. <---might be a bit of an exaggeration... But for realz, it's a really chill place.

Setups
If you want to bring a setup, please do and let me know so I can make room for it.
1. Batcave TV+GC
2. Batcave TV+GC
3. Batcave TV+GC
4. Batcave TV+GC
5. Batcave TV+Wii+Project M

I've hosted a lot of local tournaments but never a statewide one. So if you have any suggestion, please let me know. I wanna make this the best tournament possible.

\/Q

Smash Rookie
I really wana come to this, ima try to make it up this early.

Anyone here live in Portland? All the tournies im finding are hundreds of miles outside of Portland. I'm moving PDX Early early June from Los Angeles, so i'm hoping i can break into the melee community up here ASAP.

I'm always itchin' for melee, and ima def be living right around downtown portland (within 20 miles)

Top Bottom