• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Batou's Monthly 8 (Metaknight Banned) Powered by Evolution Games

NeoBatou

Smash Ace
For as much as I know, Leaf has been really dedicating his time to work and all.

So.....a promotion/personal life might of been the cause.

The side events will be Project M and Smash 64.

It's only a dollar to enter either event, and the winner get's the whole pot.
No more Store credit.
I"m kind of mad at the store for various reasons so instead of trying to help them, I"m helping you guys out.

since

Smash Journeyman
leaf had a lot of stuff to handle and really didnt like playing anymore because of a lot of stuff

he says he might come back one day but who knows with him lol

D

Deleted member

Wish I could come to this though. Hour away, and in total thats 4 hours of my parents driving and they hate that. I can really only go to that one FX Games Exchange thats used at Revolution. Denti hasnt been posting Revolution 12 though, so im guessing he was busy this month. But uhh, Im wondering, is it alright of a person to use a venue thats used by another person for monthlies? that place is so close by that its perfect to host there.

NeoBatou

Smash Ace
Wish I could come to this though. Hour away, and in total thats 4 hours of my parents driving and they hate that. I can really only go to that one FX Games Exchange thats used at Revolution. Denti hasnt been posting Revolution 12 though, so im guessing he was busy this month. But uhh, Im wondering, is it alright of a person to use a venue thats used by another person for monthlies? that place is so close by that its perfect to host there.
If you do, make sure you check with the community before doing so.
It's hard enough that I have a monthly tournament that I have to configure a specific time slot. It's right near HOBO, Revolution, etc, so you'll have to do some advance planning. You may be able to run a monthly there, who knows?

D

Deleted member

Well the thing is that since im so close its convenient, but whats even better is that my father is friends with the owner of the store, he personally knows him so it makes everything alot easier. The store owner actually knows that I love smash brothers as well, and am knowledgeable about it.

mydadsacop123

Smash Apprentice
Me and my secret teammate will win doubles and then me and my secret teammate will go hed to hed in grandfinals and we will tie so many times the store will close and we will both get 1st place.

:phone:

D

Deleted member

oh hey, sephiroth icon thing, any reason why you arent hosting Revolution 12 this month? Or well, at least not announced yet. Because I wanna know if it'd be cool if I could try the place as a venue. Theres a few other venues to try, but that one is the best.

mydadsacop123

Smash Apprentice
oh hey, sephiroth icon thing, any reason why you arent hosting Revolution 12 this month? Or well, at least not announced yet. Because I wanna know if it'd be cool if I could try the place as a venue. Theres a few other venues to try, but that one is the best.
Lol are u referring to denti???
I hope that name sticks

:phone:

D

Deleted member

Yes, its denti. But who else would have an icon that looks like sephiroth? Only denti would.
We should all just call denti "Sephiroth icon thing" from now on. I bet he would like that.

Denti

Smash Master
My icon is Axel!! From Kingdom Hearts! <3 Axel

Anyways, for right now the tournament isn't planned. What usually happens is the Melee player Emily will get the play and trade venue for her tournament then she will contact me and we'll share the venue. As of right now I haven't heard anything from her. If she doesn't respond soon I will contact he with a message and then I'll start planning tournaments at another venue. So go ahead and plan whatever.

D

Deleted member

Kingdom hearts... I need to play that game again.
Thanks for letting me know that I can use the venue. Since I know the place obviously allows people to come in and ask to reserve the venue for a tournament, and that the person in charge itself is easy to contact, theres one last question. When you had your tournaments set up and everything, did the owner of the store let you use the venue free, or was there a pay for this?

Denti

Smash Master
Kingdom hearts... I need to play that game again.
Thanks for letting me know that I can use the venue. Since I know the place obviously allows people to come in and ask to reserve the venue for a tournament, and that the person in charge itself is easy to contact, theres one last question. When you had your tournaments set up and everything, did the owner of the store let you use the venue free, or was there a pay for this?
It always depends on your venue. I''ve had some places not charge a venue or anything at all. I've seen other charge a venue + other stuff. Always depends.

Denti

Smash Master
Nobody from other regions besides Tyler are traveling. So we have to pull most of our attendance locally.

Batou, will we actually have time for a side event?

Neon!

Smash Lord
"Signups will begin at 2:00PM

Signups WILL close at 1:30PM just to make sure we can get most people in.

If your not here by 2:00PM or if you haven't called in advance to make arrangements, you will not be entered into the tournaments. I don't care who you are, I can only be generous for so long."

I'm confused by this, ill be there between 1:30 and 2:00 lol

D

Deleted member

gl to everyone who's going. Since its no metaknights, obviously theres no dojo, so I see denti taking first in singles.
If you guys try getting some food from a place near by, make sure to complain about how theres a fry in your salt.

Labernash

Smash Lord
Nobody from other regions besides Tyler are traveling. So we have to pull most of our attendance locally.

Batou, will we actually have time for a side event?
We didn't go to this. :( Sorryyyyy!!

Unless you meant that Tyler travels in general. Then I take back my apology and give you a big fat plur!

PLURRRR!!!

D

Deleted member

big fat plur... PLURRR... says the man who plays the big fat wario.

D

Deleted member

I knew you would win singles. I am a magician, and I will never lose my predictions.
Also Denti, I was talking with an old friend of mine named Lyndon and he said he played you on wifi when you were a nub and apparantly wrecked you. Lyndons actually helped train me, I SHALL BEAT YOU IN SINGLES SOME DAY. SOME DAAAAAAAAAY

Top Bottom