• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Battle field glitch?

BubbleTea

Smash Apprentice
My bf was fighting a Ganondorf with toon link when something neither of us had seen before happened.
Tink did an aerial, Ganon went flying left, and ricocheted off of the top ledge's right side, which sent him the opposite direction to his death.

We saved a video just because we found it odd. It just needs to be uploaded.

With all my other battles here, characters just usually fly right through the platforms. Has this ever happened to you?

kupo15

Smash Hero
that is odd. You can send me the replay to upload but I wont be able to do it until tomorrow night at the earliest

Sosuke

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
8132-9932-4710
This isn't a glitch. It's supposed to happen.
It works on every level.

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
fromm my knowledge, this is suppose to happen , you probably never encountered this up until now.

BubbleTea

Smash Apprentice
This isn't a glitch. It's supposed to happen.
It works on every level.
It may be hard for me to explain, but the thing that was weird about Ganon bouncing off the edge of the TOP platform on battlefield was the fact that you can't run into this platform by just jumping. No matter how hard you try.

If they made all the ledges so that you would run into it if hit, then it would be almost impossible to battle there.

I'm not trying to say we are the only people to have seen it or anything like that, I just wanted to know if anyone else had seen something similar to it.

Sosuke

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
8132-9932-4710
It may be hard for me to explain, but the thing that was weird about Ganon bouncing off the edge of the TOP platform on battlefield was the fact that you can't run into this platform by just jumping. No matter how hard you try.

If they made all the ledges so that you would run into it if hit, then it would be almost impossible to battle there.

I'm not trying to say we are the only people to have seen it or anything like that, I just wanted to know if anyone else had seen something similar to it.
Ohh okay I see.
Yeah I think this just happens randomly. Theres no real explaining it.
It was around in Melee too I think.

IShotLazer

Smash Journeyman
This might be similar to Melee's invisible ceiling. I don't know WHY the hell that came about. I have actually teched off the thing along with similar accounts with my friends.

IShotLazer

Smash Journeyman
The only thing we can really call it ATM, at least with our knowledge is purely a glitch and something that normally won't happen. It's interesting to see stuff like that from time to time though.

psykoplympton

Smash Ace
Ohh okay I see.
Yeah I think this just happens randomly. Theres no real explaining it.
It was around in Melee too I think.
one example was captain jack(dk) vs masashi(roy) in melee but apperently the video is no longer available or i would have linked it.

Fire!

Smash Champion
NNID
Fire149
3DS FC
2809-9924-8928
This happened to me today. It was the right side of the top platform in Battlefield but it was DK that bounced off the edge.

That is strange.

Top Bottom