• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Battle to End Hunger 2

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
Phatgamer - Sucks that you couldn't show up at the tournament
This

Megarobman- good games. I was in your pool and we also played in teams. I feel like my tech skill was better and thought I could beat you but your spacing destroyed me and I don't have much experience against Sheik. Definitely want to play you again sometime.
I remember the name Neko, not Terry :p Yeah I remember you. I would agree, I'm pretty lacking in tech skill with Sheik. I can wavedash/dashdance/SHFFL with like every character 80% of the time but fail with my main at all the times. But I got thrown into the wolves around here and I've developed my game around peoples techskill to eliminate the advantage those things give, hence the major platform camping and bair walling. I haven't really mined wavedashing or dashdance as anything other than as a mix up, (I plan on correcting this) but I've tried to get SH down with her and I'm closer to it than I was even last month. I look at wavedashing as a fake jump with the style of play I have. I have a bit of sheik experience, everyone and their mom has a decent sheik (JBM/Tyser/Sm3esh/Mexi) in Nebraska so I get a bit whenever they get bored. I played Phat at the last BTEH and I developed some ideas then by playing with him. Playing against you gave me a few ideas too for grab camping as a mixup.

Rob- wow you got way better since I last played you. I'm sure it's nice to know that you're practice in the last few weeks has payed off. And yeah apparently I suck at rock paper scissors lol. Oh and btw I didn't 3-0 dark in winner's, it was 3-2 and they were all really close games
All I've really been able to practice is teams lately. I went to Davids house !!!THR33!!! times and we didn't play melee any of those times and I couldn't believe it, damn League of Legends. At the 4th time I went there we played and I convinced JBM to be my partner. That was like 5 days before the tournament and we played about 7 sets or so before he had to go. Mexi has quit trying in anything other than teams, so I get singles practice against Ness and Pikachu, maybe Falco if I 3 stock him enough.

tbh I was thriving off of our teams energy and able to play really smart without losing my cool, Massive and Ziv beat me the first match in our sets, pretty convincingly, if I wasn't riding high I doubt I would have had the mental strength to adjust.

We were in a house of God, but it felt like the lake of fire.

I need to buy Jace some blue tinted glasses so he can be team color agnostic.
lol

Jace08

Smash Lord
Good stuff Jace, did the trix i taught u work?
thanks and yeah I definitely have felt a lot better in the sheik matchup since then. Still have a lotta work to do there. I just need to stop letting the pressure at bigger tourneys get to me

and actually in finals at this tourney I felt nearly zero pressure; it's funny how liberating it is to go into a set knowing you're gonna lose lol, really think that actually made me play better

DeLux

Player that used to be Lux
In brighter news,

Despite some people (I know who the main culprit was) continually propping the door open despite me asking you not to multiple times, it appears we will be given clearance to use the venue again :)

Top Bottom