• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Battle Tower Silliness

Radnortuws

Smash Journeyman
I was wondering if this is a regular thing for the battle tower, or if this trainer was just a total moron.

So I'm fighting a guy, around the 30's as far as streaks go, and he busts out a tyranitar. I decide to just toxic it to death with my jank Blissey, and it keeps wailing on me with stone edge (thankfully no crit). Well, blissey eats quite a few of these, when all of a sudden he jumps into using struggle. Yes, this Battle Tower Trainer had a Tyranitar that knew no other moves besides Stone Edge. Is this regular for tower trainers with decent pokemon, or was this a total fluke? Just wondering whether you guys had seen anything similar.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Could be people wanting to give people an easy match, or just make people go WTF? I know I'm severly tempted to make an all Grimer team for it.

leafgreen386

Dirty camper
Yeah. I think that's the most probable situation. Most BT pokemon have full sets, so either CB or CS seems the most likely. (For those of you not familiar with choice items, when you run out of PP, it forces you struggle, although if you switch out and back in again you'll be able to use your other moves as usual.)

Btw, I find it funny how different people handle the ambiguity of the CSs. I call the specs CG, and leave the scarf at CS. And it seems you call the specs CS, but use the original translation for the scarf. I'm thinking I should switch to the original translations completely, until there's some official abbreviation for them.

Top Bottom