• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Battlefield: Bad Company 2 (Including Vietnam)

Charizard92

Smash Champion
I find UAVs a general pain in the ***. I find it hard to shoot them down (as an extra note, UAVs have 50 health, which any Bolt action sniper rifle should be able to shoot down). Just an outright pain.

I also can't fly, so that also sucks (I am also a poor driver, Sniping, now that's something I'm decent at).

I also discovered that the accuracy rating on bolt actions is not how straight they go or how long it takes for their bullet to start dropping, but by HOW MUCH **** SWAY IS ON THE GUN! That's right, the less accurate a rifle is, the more it sways like crazy. The SV-98 & M95 sways like crazy, the M24 has barely any sway (and is ultimately unnoticeable) and the GOL has none.

Darkslash

Smash Master
I heard the DLC for BFBC2 has gotten delayed. Darn.
Yea SPECACT DLC got delayed :( I really wanted that Black M95.

for any of the pc users hitting Q will spot the enemy if you have the sniper perk/uav
Slect for PS3 and Back for Xbox 360 spot for any class. The Recon class has a spotting range of around 500ish meters and the other 3 have a range of 100ish.

I find UAVs a general pain in the ***. I find it hard to shoot them down (as an extra note, UAVs have 50 health, which any Bolt action sniper rifle should be able to shoot down). Just an outright pain.
UAV's take 2 sniper shots with the regular bolt actions and semi's while the M95 needs 1 to get killed since they have 100 AP. I have no clue why its so hard to shoot down a UAV, unless your fighting against a good pilot, UAV's net me a easy 100 points.

Also I hate the GOL. It doesn't have my prescious Mil dots on the cross hairs. But it's good for surpression of M-Com's, but I would use a semi auto for that instead, so I find the GOL pretty useless.

EDIT: I'm willing to give the GOL another chance. I just dislike it for some strange reason. It feels like weak sause.

Charizard92

Smash Champion
Yea SPECACT DLC got delayed :( I really wanted that Black M95.

Slect for PS3 and Back for Xbox 360 spot for any class. The Recon class has a spotting range of around 500ish meters and the other 3 have a range of 100ish.

UAV's take 2 sniper shots with the regular bolt actions and semi's while the M95 needs 1 to get killed since they have 100 AP. I have no clue why its so hard to shoot down a UAV, unless your fighting against a good pilot, UAV's net me a easy 100 points.

Also I hate the GOL. It doesn't have my prescious Mil dots on the cross hairs. But it's good for surpression of M-Com's, but I would use a semi auto for that instead, so I find the GOL pretty useless.

EDIT: I'm willing to give the GOL another chance. I just dislike it for some strange reason. It feels like weak sause.
1: Yeah, it would be cool for the DLC, but I already use only the GOL and XM8s (or will, once I unlock them in all the classes), so a Black M95 won't be much

2: That is about right

3: UAVs are such a pain in the *** since they never stand still long enough to get a good shot on one (at least 97% of the time [statistically significant]). Since I use normal bolt actions, the Idea of having to do this twice is cringe worthy

4: I also had problems with the GOL. It's accuracy throws off those used to the M24. I also missed the mill dots, and often missed headshots. It's accuracy rating (and constantly being sniped by people using it) made me go back. It doesn't require as much adjustment as other rifles (aiming at the top of their head, or even the spot triangle on core can net a headshot (a trick I thought the M24 was capable of)). I now use it quite a bit.

The M24 is also quite handy, serving a a good balance between Power, Accuracy, & ROF (sans the M95, all bolt actions have about the same ROF, with negligible differences. The SV98 is an awkward, yet efficient, cross between bolt actions (1/2 rule, slow Rof) and Semis (higher movement speed, larger clip, etc). The M95 may be calling you with it's power and "cool looks" (I find it somewhat ugly not looking at it from the side), but is outright wretched, since it still obeys the 1/2 rule (thus forgoing the power), SV98 inaccurate, and stupidly slow ROF. The M95 is, ironically, not a good sniper.

Oh, my Gamertag:

Gray Wolf1992

(Xbox360 only)

JDM

Smash Champion
Easy way to get the M1 if you haven't yet.

1. Play BC2 Multiplayer for any amount of time (1 second to a week, doesn't matter).

2. Go here: http://battlefieldbadcompany2.com/login

3. Enter the exact same Email and password you use for PSN.

4. It will say wait X amount of time for stats, yeah ignore this.

5. Click on Veteran, there should be a list of greyed out little medal-like things, except the very end should have the Bad Company 2 soldier's face and it should not be greyed.

6. Open new tab to https://www.battlefieldheroes.com/user/register

7. Do not fill out the form on the left. Go to the red box that says "Login with EA account"

8. Enter the same email and password you used for your PSN and the BC2 website.

9. Make a name and a soldier and whatever else they ask.

10. Click play now.

11. Close tab.

12. Refresh the BC2 website on the veteran section. It should now say 1 rather than 0 and the cartoon tank should be lit up like the BC2 soldier face.

13. Play bad company 2, receive message for being a Battlefield Veteran.

14. Join game and use your new gun!

SimaMatt

Smash Journeyman
Yeah I always screw around on that snow map, it's pretty fun and one of the best maps for blowing shit up. Anyway ggs turtle, we were doing a pretty badass run on that desert map as the attackers haha.

to get into the sniper rifle discussion I like the GOL the most. I thought the M95 would be great, but really all you need are headshots with the sniper imo, cuz if you hit them once they're gonna die in another shot, granted you're using bolt action. I don't play recon that much (mostly just for motion sensors and mortar strikes/c4) but I always go GOL.

Charizard92

Smash Champion
There are three stages with snow.
Two of which are Rush only, one is conquest only.

Anyway, I have come up with a simple way of remembering the role of each class:

Assault is the muscle: Seriously, Assault is meant a a mainly offensive tool, meant to keep the team running at optimum capacity. This is noticed via the fact that you are given an AR (the most bluntly obvious weapon on the offensive team), and is also given the ability to replenish ammo. Their other equipment is a grenade launcher, which is good for clearing groups. The assault class is to advance the front, in either direction.

Engineer are the feet: With extreme detail to vehicles alone (SMGs and compact ARs are typically given to soldiers working around vehicles), the engineer should not be too far from a vehicle of any type (preferably heavy or airborne). They are also equipped with one of the best weapons for taking out tanks (and possibly the only one reliable enough to take out choppers). The engineer is meant to keep their vehicles running and to turn enemy vehicles into scrap metal.

Medics are the heart: Medics require the most XP to get their tools, and once you unlock the defib, you'll know why. Sans being given a LMG/LB ARs (ex the XM8 LMG), they are essentially made to heal and revive. They are the key to both teams for keeping that army alive. Because they don't have much in the way of killing, they gain XP mostly by healing. In an ironic case, the healing is more rewarding than the hurting.

Recon are the eyes: You are given a scope & motion sensor for a reason. Yes, you are going to be taking out long range foes that are extreme threats (fellow snipers, turret guys, the guy pointing an RPG at your friend's chopper), you are better at finding where the enemies are. The Recon is also given C4 or a mortar strike, giving you the ability to perform explosive hurt, something only the Engineer can do (albeit not as safely or accurately [depending on what you're using]). Surprisingly, this is the most flexible class. The Recon class can serve as a sniper, designated marksman, pseudo assault, etc. The recon guy can be anything, but not at once.

IAmBlu3

Smash Champion
i was referring to rush stages. that's pretty much the only game mode i play nowadays.

i've come to the belief that a bad medic is possibly the worst class to have on your team. if played correctly, they're brilliant. but there has been too many times that i'll be revived only to be killed again and again and again because the medic doesn't check his flanks. instead, he's defrib-happy and pretty much does it for the points. it's also annoying when they completely neglect throwing out health packs. i find myself chasing a lot of medics around the map, trying to get them to heal me. =/

Darkslash

Smash Master
What I dislike about the GOL the most is the missing Mil Dots. Granted that would be game breaking as Mildot's make the M95 a viable sniper, and the GOL is super freaking accurate. Also I tried the GOL with Magnum bullets. Freaking amazing. I don't use spotter scope becuase I find it unreliable, and I'm used to spamming select.

Charizard92

Smash Champion
I find that I don't need magnum ammo while sniping (It is still a 1/2 rule, and since the bullet drop is minuscule even at extreme ranges for the GOL and M24, unnecessary), so I use the spotter scope (which marks everybody within range, thus translating to not having to spam the back/select button at 75m).

Darkslash

Smash Master
What I really like about Bad Company 2 is the weapon preference. Every one has a different one, and mine keeps changing. I went from a M95 to GOL for recon, MG3 to M60 for Medic, F2000 to M16A2/4 for Assault, and for engineer I went from the UMP 45 to the AKS-74U to the PP2000, and I'm thinking of changing to the SCAR.

Gosh, all these weapons seem so balanced.

IAmBlu3

Smash Champion
i really despise not being in a squad >_>

@Sima: I actually can't use any of the light machine guns except the PKM, for some reason. I suck with teh M60 =X

Charizard92

Smash Champion
Also I went back to the M95, GOL sucks now.
Want some fries with that extra pointless fat?

No seriously, the M95 is a flawed weapon. stupidly slow RoF (around 26 per minute if you manage to fire them all of continuously. This is 8 below the GOL, 11 below the M24, and 12 before the SV98. It also suffers from among the weirdest bullet drop in the game (GOL level up to 200m, then just drops afterward). The extra power is wasted in the recon class, as all bolt actions use the 1/2 rule. This further makes the M95 pointless. The GOL and M24 are much better, and the SV98 still surpasses it.

Darkslash

Smash Master
I decided to make my Medic set up comprised of the M60 with alterations between Red Dot and ACOG with Magnum bullets. So far results have been satisfactory AKA ****ing Awesome.

More GOL bashing. The GOL has the worst sights in the game. Horrible for the bullet drop. I doubt I'll go back to it again, and if I wanted a anti personal rifle, I would go with the M24.

IAmBlu3

Smash Champion
^i still haven't played a full game with you. i joined once but they didn't put me in a squad so i rage quit : )

i actually prefer the M95 again, too. i really don't like the gol. m24 is great to me, though.

SimaMatt

Smash Journeyman
Haha, I don't play Recon that much so GOL is easily my favorite sniper. at first I was hype to unlock the M95...only to find out that I still needed two shots to kill someone and it looked hella dumb. Oh well, to each their own.

I like playing recon with shotguns anyway, Motion sensor is GODLIKE

Darkslash

Smash Master
I like playing recon with shotguns anyway, Motion sensor is GODLIKE
Recon makes the best Ambush class. Nothing better than knifing a whole squad in the back. Of course playing commando with the Engineer is also fun.

One thing I like about BC2 is that the classes can be split into more sub classes. Like the Assault can be split into Demo man (C4 + ammo + Shotgun wins), Engineer into Commando (some guns are meant as Personal Defence weapons like the Uzi and PP2000, while the SCAR feels to be a offensive gun), while the recon is one of the most versatile classes in the game ranging from dedicated sniping to ambushing classes to a pseudo commander reminiscent of Battlefield 2.

I love this game.

Also DLC comming out tomorrow. Laguna Presa Rush is going to be freaking epic. Not sure about Arica Conquest though. No map of it yet.

I also studied some of the maps, and it's possible that we may see a White Pass Rush, the roads suggest a rush map centred around the Satellite station in the distance.

Charizard92

Smash Champion
I decided to make my Medic set up comprised of the M60 with alterations between Red Dot and ACOG with Magnum bullets. So far results have been satisfactory AKA ****ing Awesome.

More GOL bashing. The GOL has the worst sights in the game. Horrible for the bullet drop. I doubt I'll go back to it again, and if I wanted a anti personal rifle, I would go with the M24.
Upon second thought, You are right that the GOL is in fact, flawed. It may have little bullet drop, but with an extremely simple sight, and the addition of bullet drop in the game, along with other flaws with below average (for bolt actions) Rof and lower damage. It isn't M95 Flawed, but it isn't perfect Either. The SV98 is a good balance between bolt actions and semis, and the M24 is a great balance in the Bolt action department. Ironically, the best weapons in the recon class is the first ones you get (of course, since I haven't touched the VSS or any semis, or The SV98, This is somewhat opinionated).

And for those who hate those "****ing recons who don't help their team"

1: I do, by picking off turret gunners, fellow snipers, and anyone attacking/defending the point (whatever it may be)

2: I am working on other classes. I have up to XM8 LMG for the Medic, AUG for the assault, and AT4 for the engie (this does not include these weapons) .

Darkslash

Smash Master
Arica Harbour conquest is now my favourite map in the game. 150 tickets, 4 control points, all infantry.

I have trouble entering a Laguna Presa rush game. Any one else have this problem?

Charizard92

Smash Champion
Errr, it doesn't serve as well as a rush map as others (Either the defenders stop the offense at point 1, or are steamrolled 'till the end of the match).

Weapon wise, I have switched back to the M24 (GOL is better in bullet drop & natural reload, M24 is better in every other way, shape, and form), and have ditched the XM8 Only plan, replacing it with the M16 (when unlocked), SCAR-L, and M60. I still love the Grach though.

Bonus points for keeping thread alive

Darkslash

Smash Master
For any one still reading this thread, playing Bad Comapny 2 or just want random news regarding DLC, EA is FINALLY going to release the SPECACT DLC on XBL! 21 days late. On a positive note, this DLC won't cost 15 dollars, and only costing you your health and taste buds.

http://ca.kotaku.com/5520763/pretty-up-your-soldier-with-battlefield-bad-company-2-dlc

The pack cost the Dr. Pepper DLC codes or

In Europe and the UK, the downloadable content will run players 160 Microsoft points per kit, or 440 points for the whole bundle.

Darkslash

Smash Master

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
I think paying for this DLC might be justified at least. It's a new game mode that radically alters the online component, unlike MW2 which just added 5 maps.

If any thing the Xbox will have to pay if it isn't by EA Vip code. Ps3 might not have to pay, but EA might charge us.
All they're doing is taking the same maps and adding enemies to kill and objectives to complete...shouldn't cost money IMO.

PS3 will have to pay as well if we 360 owners have to. Same thing.

UltraPuff

Smash Apprentice
I like BF:BC 2 a lot more than MW2 just because it has a more casual and fun atmosphere. Jihad bombing with the jeep is way too fun!

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
I read that it's gonna cost money. No VIP symbol next to it in the store.

EDIT: Just found out that I need to buy another VIP code to play on the VIP maps. My bro bought the game and entered the codes on his account.

**** you EA.

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
*Bump*

Bad Company 2 VIP Map Pack 3 coming this week

http://www.joystiq.com/2010/06/07/bad-company-2-vip-map-pack-3-coming-this-week/

"the VIP Map Pack 3 incorporates two new gameplay modes into the mix. Nelson Bay will get the four-team Squad Deathmatch mode, where players will have to fight to control the M3A3 Bradley tank if they hope to succeed; while Laguna Alta will add the ever-popular Squad Rush mode."

"As with all the other VIP packs, this new content will be free for those who have redeemed the VIP code that comes with new copies of Bad Company 2."

EDIT: The patch on the PC has been delayed.

http://ca.kotaku.com/5557689/transportation-strike-delays-battlefield-bad-company-2-patch

VIP Map Pack 3 trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FYx-sb0LERI

Darkslash

Smash Master
*Bump*

Bad Company 2 VIP Map Pack 3 coming this week

http://www.joystiq.com/2010/06/07/bad-company-2-vip-map-pack-3-coming-this-week/

"the VIP Map Pack 3 incorporates two new gameplay modes into the mix. Nelson Bay will get the four-team Squad Deathmatch mode, where players will have to fight to control the M3A3 Bradley tank if they hope to succeed; while Laguna Alta will add the ever-popular Squad Rush mode."

"As with all the other VIP packs, this new content will be free for those who have redeemed the VIP code that comes with new copies of Bad Company 2."

EDIT: The patch on the PC has been delayed.

http://ca.kotaku.com/5557689/transportation-strike-delays-battlefield-bad-company-2-patch

VIP Map Pack 3 trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FYx-sb0LERI
I'm really starting to get tired of the "free" maps that BC2 has. I hope as soon as the "free" maps are out of the way, we can return to the Bad Company 1 days and get NEW Maps.

But Onslaught is going to be freaking fun no doubt about it.

Also going to/ updated the OP to include patch 1.03 and 1.04 for the PS3 versions.

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
Bad Company 2's Onslaught mode deploys June 22 for $10

http://www.joystiq.com/2010/06/10/bad-company-2s-onslaught-mode-deploys-june-22-for-10/

"DICE has finally dated its upcoming co-op-friendly Onslaught mode in Battlefield: Bad Company 2 on Xbox 360 and PS3: June 22. It'll be available that Tuesday for $10 on PSN and 800 on Xbox Live -- European PS3 owners will have to wait an extra day, until June 23."

"Onslaught mode allows up to four players to engage in objective-based missions cooperatively."

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
*BUMP*

Battlefield: Bad Company 2 'Vietnam' add-on coming Winter 2010

http://www.joystiq.com/2010/06/14/battlefield-bad-company-2-vietnam-expansion-coming-winter-201/

http://kotaku.com/5563340/battlefield-bad-company-2-is-going-to-vietnam

"EA has revealed a few more details about Vietnam, which will be a multiplayer-only expansion, featuring four new maps. Additionally, the add-on will include "enhanced" persistence, as well as new weapons, vehicles, unlocks, awards and Achievements/Trophies. Pricing will be announced at a later date. Peep the trailer after the break."

Darkslash

Smash Master
*BUMP*

Battlefield: Bad Company 2 'Vietnam' add-on coming Winter 2010

http://www.joystiq.com/2010/06/14/battlefield-bad-company-2-vietnam-expansion-coming-winter-201/

http://kotaku.com/5563340/battlefield-bad-company-2-is-going-to-vietnam

"EA has revealed a few more details about Vietnam, which will be a multiplayer-only expansion, featuring four new maps. Additionally, the add-on will include "enhanced" persistence, as well as new weapons, vehicles, unlocks, awards and Achievements/Trophies. Pricing will be announced at a later date. Peep the trailer after the break."
While this is obviously a challenge to Black Ops, I can't wait for this expansion. I'm going to relive the countless hours I spent on Battlefield Vietnam. I hope they put Fortunate Son to envoke Nostalgia into people who play BF:V, and the last part with the last part with Hanoi Hannah makes me remember the time I spent on my favorite map in BF:V.

I also noticed that Bad Company 2 is somewhat going by chronological order. It first had 1942/1943 in the game. Now there's Vietnam being added to the mix. I won't be surprised if there's a MEC expansion as well.

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
Top Bottom