• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Battlefield Edge Bounce

Viking Ness

Smash Journeyman
So I was goofing off tonight on battlefield, and I found this weird bounce trajectory with PKT2.

Here's what I did, I was running off the platform nearest the right edge, and PKTing as quickly as possible. As many of you know, if you PKT like this, it hits you into PKT2 quickly. (The control stick and b timing is really similar to Sheiks teleport edge hog in Melee).

Anyways, if you time this correctly, you hit the very tip of the edge of BF and it sends you flying back up, diagonally towards the stage.

LEGEND: (Lawl, yeah I have no way of taping this so try to make due with my art)

Green: Lucas running
Blue: PKT
Red: Starting trajectory of PKT2
Purple: Bounced trajectory off lip

I'm fairly certain this will have very little application in real games, and I haven't tested it on any other stages. I haven't been able to do it with Ness either.

Either way, I call it a Jbounce.

Questions?

Tyr_03

Smash Champion
I've known about this for a while. There's a small section of the ledge on the right side of some stages where if you hit that point Lucas's PKT2 reflects at an opposite angle to that which he was traveling. I already call it Ledge Bending. Sounds cooler and gives you an idea of what the technique is. You can easily use it when returning to the stage to hit opponents who are waiting on the platform. The point where you can do this is just slightly inside of the stage ledge. Ness can do this too.

Viking Ness

Smash Journeyman
Sounds about right. I've never done it while recovering cause Lucas will usually auto sweetspot, only when running off a ledge

Earthbound360

Smash Hero
NNID
Mikman360
Its pretty hard to do IMO. You have to hit the RIGHT ledge only on a very specific point. Unexpectable and useful yes, but hard.

Tyr_03

Smash Champion
I find it's a lot more useful when recovering. Getting the precise timing to do it with the Thunderslide is difficult and if you mistime it you can crash and bounce off the stage because of the weird effect of approaching solid objects from the right with PKT2. You can do it off of any right side ledge that you can grab onto, although some are harder than others for some reason. I have a hard time doing it on Final Destination. I haven't ever had it work on the left side but I haven't tested it too extensively either.

Tyr_03

Smash Champion
lol I was wrong. I just retested it and could. The spot is just harder to hit. It's either smaller or in a slightly different place.

Earthbound360

Smash Hero
NNID
Mikman360
Oh, lawl cool then. FD is my favorite stage and I felt annoyed knowing that ledgebending didnt work there.

Top Bottom