• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Battlegrounds Long Island, NY

N.A.G.A.C.E

Smash Champion
i got a couple questions

1: have you ever had a melee or brawl tournament before and if so how many people came? i ask b/c its a somwhat long trip to get there and find out there are like 10 people there

2: for doubles it's 10$ per person and 20$ overall for the team right?

VEC

Smash Journeyman
Can't w8 to see you guys there.

Can you make it earlier, me and a group of 7 friends want to attend, make it earlier if possible.

battlegrounds

Smash Cadet
Well we normally get at LEAST 10 but you never know buit this is the first time we listed on here and the response is great so i think it will be good.

and im sry cant be eariler some people are having a hard time at the current time but no other days are available i have tournaments for other games on those days

N.A.G.A.C.E

Smash Champion
what stages will be legal and what will be counter picks

Also is there a losers bracket (not that i will be in it :)) and what % of the money will first, second, and thrid get?

N.A.G.A.C.E

Smash Champion
so is it 10$ per person for teams and 20$ overall
or 20$ per person
(i know this might seem like a dumb question but i don't want to show up and find out i or my teamate did not bring enough money)

Wave~

Smash Rookie
Sounds good but why 4 stock? Most tournaments use 3 stock and 6 or 7 minutes. I can understand if you're trying to be different but most people are accustomed to the 3 life matches.

N.A.G.A.C.E

Smash Champion
looks like its going to be a pretty nice turnout

what are the % of the money will first 2nd and 3rd get?

@@@@@

Smash Rookie
dscf i chalenge you to a grodge match. 7 years ago you came to my village and murder my father ; in cold blod. i watch with the scare eyes of a horrorfied child, and swear my revenge.. i have train long years for this day . yu are a bad man. i shall revengeance my fathers deatj.

habaker91

Smash Apprentice
wait....what's the prize money?
also, will we need to pay the $4 an hour venue fee?

Da Beast

Smash Rookie
yo BLarf wuts up its beast from the castle golf tourney it was me and u in the finals. neway u goin 2 this tourney if so i'll see u there

****Best **** Snake and Falcon player you'll ever see****
<>Castle Golf Champ<>

doommachine15

Smash Ace
Answering some questions

I work at the comic and card shop down the road and run tournaments there and it seems like battlegrounds is pretty busy lately to answer any questions at this moment, but I can roughly answer some of your questions.
And I also attended the last one they had.

Legal stages are most likely going to be what your use to
Final Destination
Battlefield
Lylat Cruises
Yoshi's Island
Delfino Plaza
Smashville

And the most of the counterpicks your use to.

I will talk to them about making it 3 stock but no guarentee.

I think at most 75% of the pool goes to prize with the same prize structure your use to seeing, but it makes up for the venue fee he does not charge. Don't quote me on this, I'm not the store or an employee.

Its a very good tournament they run and a great place to go to.

I can personally say that I am going out of my way to increase the amount of people showing up to promote then game and increase the prize pool so I have more spending money when I win;) nah im jk

I would travel from out of state for this tournament because I've to it before, and we had a decent turnout but I recommended this site because I got a great turnout at my last one just from advertising on smashboards

I wish I would of found this eariler to get more attention of brawlers, but hopefully you guys read this so your questions are answered.

So come down to test your skills, show how confident or good you are, or just love the game enough and looking for some fun.

HOPE TO SEE YOU ALL THERE!

DKwill

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3497-1934-6087
Haha I can't wait!! This will be my first brawl tournament yet! I haven't been to Battlegrounds in a while, and I hope to see all of those people there that claim to be coming along so that there's a high level of competition. Oh and btw, doommachine15? You're going down lolz though if you want to do teams and nobody else I know shows up who's better... I'm all for it ;p See you guys tonight.

Top Bottom