• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

BB Tier List

BlueXenon

Smash Lord
NNID
Blueoceans26
3DS FC
3050-7832-9141
This is the basic brawl tier list. If you disagree with where I placed any of the characters, please tell me.
The Tier list is based on how well these characters perform in basic brawl.
For example, Kirby's in basic brawl are usually terrible, so Kirby is a low tier.

MK is not a top tier because he isn't good in item rooms. Snake is a top tier because of the many great snake players online. Diddy Kong can't be placed anywhere since he isn't used.

Ike Tier:
A.:ike:

Top Tiers:
B.:snake: :falco: :fox: :wolf: :ganondorf: :marth:

High Tiers:
C. :zerosuitsamus: :samus2: :metaknight: :olimar:
D. :toonlink: :lucas: :gw: :zelda:

Middle Tiers:
E.:wario: :peach: :luigi2: :dedede:
F.:ness2: :link2: :lucario: :falcon: :pikachu2: :mario2:

Low Tiers:
G.:rob: :sheik: :pt: :pit:
H.:sonic: :dk2: :bowser2: :popo: :jigglypuff: :yoshi2:
I.:kirby2:

Diddy Tier:
:diddy:

TheZizz

Smash Journeyman
Sometimes Ike's rampage just can't be stopped, I would make an Ike tier just for him

Zelda is definitely high tier, 9 out of 10 times the Smash Ball is hers...the only thing you can do is engage her mercilessly and hope the Smash Ball drifts your way

Mario is probably dead last, his pitiful Final Smash is the final nail in his final coffin

BlueXenon

Smash Lord
NNID
Blueoceans26
3DS FC
3050-7832-9141
Sometimes Ike's rampage just can't be stopped, I would make an Ike tier just for him

Zelda is definitely high tier, 9 out of 10 times the Smash Ball is hers...the only thing you can do is engage her mercilessly and hope the Smash Ball drifts your way

Mario is probably dead last, his pitiful Final Smash is the final nail in his final coffin
I have seen some great mario's before.

Alien Vision

Smash Ace
Ganon should be in God Tier. :c He crashes BB like nobody's businesses. Especially if you are at my level of play.

The only two character that truly can get in Ganon's way is Falco, and Diddy Kong. I've seen decent MK's get destroyed like nobody's business. Yet, Ganondorfs for some reason (EVEN NOOBS) hold up incredibly well!

My two cents anyways. XD

By the way.. I'm going to assume you have yet to encounter a very decent Kirby. Kirby deserves to be in high tier because he dominates BB. Seriously.. Lag + Up B + Items + Mindgames + Skill = The Kirbynator!

BlueXenon

Smash Lord
NNID
Blueoceans26
3DS FC
3050-7832-9141
By the way.. I'm going to assume you have yet to encounter a very decent Kirby. Kirby deserves to be in high tier because he dominates BB. Seriously.. Lag + Up B + Items + Mindgames + Skill = The Kirbynator!
I have never seen a good kirby yet. I only see kirby's that spam down b and fsmash.

Alien Vision

Smash Ace
I rarely see really good Diddy's but one blue lil' monkey kept edgeguarding my Ganondorf one time. He was really good and I just suck at dodging bannanas. Something about them annoy me like papercuts. I did kill him plenty of times, so I felt like I accomplished something regardless. This is WITHOUT items, and annoying noobs. Imagine if that were to be the case.

That Diddy Kong destroyed everyone else but my Ganondorf. He HAD to edgeguard me just to kill me. Lololol.

Zulo

Smash Ace
Meh. I'll bite.

Falco/Marth/Snake/Ness

ZSS/Ike/Peach/Mario/Link/Wario/Lucas

TL/Rob/Samus/Fox/Pikachu/Kirby/Luigi/Dedede

Ganon/Wofl/PT/Pit/Lucario/Olimar/Sheik

GaW/Falcon/Bowser/Puff

ICs/Diddy/Zelda/Yoshi/Noobkirby

Not going to format it but... there's mine. I based it on the best of each character I can remember playing. It's true that good Diddys are scarce online. Lucas and Ness seem to be really overplayed, and there're a lot of skilled players using them oddly. More people use Lucas, better people use Ness. For the most part. That's not just my bias, I've seen dem Nesses wreck shop for other people too.

Ike is good online considering he's Ike, but I wouldn't say he's god tier. Just because there's lag doesn't mean he won't be gimped by MK (More likely, Marth) at 30%.

Not factoring in items because they're not character-specific except for Final Smash and, like, bunny hood. Yoshi/Starfoxes/Sonic/Earthbound would all get rises.

Alien Vision

Smash Ace
Ike is good online considering he's Ike, but I wouldn't say he's god tier. Just because there's lag doesn't mean he won't be gimped by MK (More likely, Marth) at 30%.
Are you joking? I'm guessing you haven't seen any good Ike's. They **** MK's (and Marth's) online. I've seen it countless times. I've yet to see a MK destroy an Ike.

TheZizz

Smash Journeyman
I have never seen a good kirby yet. I only see kirby's that spam down b and fsmash.
You've never once been down thrown to the U-Air to the up**** the ****ed up by a beast *** Kirby? I find it hard to believe. It may be a regional thing, who knows?

I did fight a decent Mario just the other day. But by and large I just meet "aspiring" Marios with "lots of heart"

Zulo

Smash Ace
Are you joking? I'm guessing you haven't seen any good Ike's. They **** MK's (and Marth's) online. I've seen it countless times. I've yet to see a MK destroy an Ike.
I fought that one that Dark 3nergy said was san, who was pretty good. Obviously it wasn't him, because I was able to do pretty well against him. That's the best Ike I've seen online. I still put him pretty high, though.

Alien Vision

Smash Ace
I fought that one that Dark 3nergy said was san, who was pretty good. Obviously it wasn't him, because I was able to do pretty well against him. That's the best Ike I've seen online. I still put him pretty high, though.
Did you, by any chance, have a MK in the room with this Ike to justify what you said before?

I honestly think Ike has alot of tools to handle ANYONE online. It's just when it comes to 1v1, that is when Ike's options are shrinked down to a disadvantageous point. (I actually have more trouble with ok Ike's that are close to being a god at mindgames, than Ike's that are incredibly fast / efficient / cunning, etc. I've two stocked a very good Ike before with my Ganon. (He RQ'd) XD Yet I have some trouble with mindgaming Ike's.. That is ALL Ike needs. A few good reads.. >__> Which is easy if you are spamming, and spacing with your long *** sword with LAG on your side.

That N-Air really catches you off-guard. XD

BlueXenon

Smash Lord
NNID
Blueoceans26
3DS FC
3050-7832-9141
Whats best about Ike online is that when other people are fighting and not paying attention to you, you can fsmash them all and get easy KO's.

Dark 3nergy

Smash Hero
NNID
Gambit.7
3DS FC
4313-0369-9934
Switch FC
SW-5498-4166-5599

Everyones Pocket situational killer:
A.:ike:

Over Used:
B.:toonlink: :pikachu2: :lucas: :wolf: :kirby2:
C.:marth: :ganondorf: :link2: :sheik: :fox: :zelda:

Mostly Common:
D. :sonic: :pit: :jigglypuff: :yoshi2:
E. :falco: :gw: :falcon: :mario2:

UnCommonly Used:
F.:peach: :luigi2: :pt: :samus2:
G.:ness2: :lucario:

Barely Used:
H.:snake: :olimar: :rob:
I. :dk2: :bowser2: :popo:
J.:wario: :zerosuitsamus: :dedede:

Rarely used:
K.:metaknight::diddy:
I think mine is pretty accurate. Your more likely to see lucas' pikachus and toon links. And really alot of low tier characters are much more popular in basic, over high tier ones. Like its funny to compare my list to the actual competitive tier list. It just goes to show that characters with stronger titles like Zelda, Mario, Yoshi and Pokemon attracts alot more noobies.

The only reason noobies are attracted to characters that dont have alot of fan base; Wolf, Fox, Falco, Ike, Marth, Pit is because of how these characters annoying spammy move sets give noobies an edge in Basic / Teams. I mean who hasnt run across a pit that Angel Rings? Foxs that fsmash and wolfs that spam blaster and fsmash?

BlueXenon

Smash Lord
NNID
Blueoceans26
3DS FC
3050-7832-9141
MK is one of the most used characters in BB. Whenever people want to win but don't have skill, they use MK.

Dark 3nergy

Smash Hero
NNID
Gambit.7
3DS FC
4313-0369-9934
Switch FC
SW-5498-4166-5599
I disagree, i've barely run into any MK that can hold his own against me. Those MKs that are actually good are very few and far inbetween. Noob ones UPb and Nado spam all day and with items on they get punished. Most noob MKs dont even tornado or shuttle loop and prefer drill rush, dsmash, fsmash, u smash....or down b

CaptainKirby

Smash Lord
I think Kirby actually does fairly well in BB's, especially when considering his fsmash. It's actually pretty easy to nail players with online, as well as his side-special and final cutter. I would place Kirby a bit higher, TBH, but I agree, Diddy Kong is the hardest to be "great" with on Wi-Fi.

PersonallyIPreferDair

Smash Apprentice
ROB should be in Diddy's tier.
I've only seen two good ones and I'm sure they were the same person. And typically no one plays as ROB for more than one match.

Ike's position is so right, he has all the tools needed for online.

Falco should be much lower. The people who play as him either stink or can't win because his lack of kill power, even if they did well.

Weegee should be higher. When he gets the smash ball he has no problem killing.

DK should also be higher. The people who play as him aren't good, but his success in smash spamming on other nubs is just 2 gud.

Retro X

Smash Apprentice
NNID
uncorruptable
Lucas needs to be higher. Noobs don't like to use him because they can never get him to recover, so that leaves only good Lucas', and believe me, some of them are scary good.

TheFourthOctave

Smash Cadet
I don't know about Lucas needing to be higher. I often see noob Lucases fumbling around with PK Thunder trying to recover, or spamming PK Fire. I've seen maybe 2 or 3 really good Lucases, and one of them was a partyist showing off.

DaBeast

Smash Ace
NNID
DaBessBeast
3DS FC
3566-1658-7713
I don't know what to say. This tier list really just shows that tier rankings don't matter to BB casuals. People are getting pwned by low tiers. Its too bad they don't take advantage of the opponent's disadvantage...

Enough rambling, I agree with Ike's position and disagree with marth. Marth should be higher than Ike since he is better than ike in many different ways. Its just that noobs don't know how to sweetspot his moves.

FoxBlaze71

Smash Lord
One word: bull****.

Ikes get ***** by noobs using fast characters.

Most wifi snakes are neutral A and Ftilt spammers.

Meta Knights **** noobs, whether they're good or not.

I don't want to drone on pointing out more fallacies.

Toadallstar2

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BadInfluenceX
I don't see how Ike is the highest tier at all. Sure there's a few good ones now and then as with every other character, but most of the nubs pick him to start off because he looks strong. He can get ***** very easily if the player is not experienced.

I'm surprised Zelda's a little high, most of the Zelda's I run into would fit around E-F-G tier.

Snake deserves the position, there's many good Snakes.

Ganon could go down, there's some pros, but many are about average.

Falcon could be higher, I've seen many pros. Same with Mario.

Of course a lot of what this comes down too is our area and which players from where do we find. Great thread idea though!

FoxBlaze71

Smash Lord
Well, the furries don't belong top tier, they're usually illusion/phantasm, laser, and smash spammers.

I've only seen two good snakes on wifi ( three if you count mine )

And god damn marth.

Middle tier characters usually suck.

Most Ganons on wifi spam wizkick/smashes.

A camping diddy ***** any scrub you can find on wifi.

BZ, I consider you in the lower tier of brainpower, most noobs are too scared to use heavyweights. I see more good bowsers than poor ones.

Noob**** Zeldas ( I won't mention names ) will get PSed, projectile camped, and *****.

Noob**** MK's get ***** by a good marth/ike.

Lucas gets Shielded/PSed and *****.

Same with G&W.

This thread was completely unnecessary and ********.

Dyclone

Smash Ace
I think CF Mario and Ness should be higher. At least CF and Mario should. I see a lot of decent Captain Falcon players in BB. And I don't think Diddy and Ike deserve their own tiers.

Zulo

Smash Ace
I haven't seen any great Samuses, the best ones are campy and that doesn't work well in a free for all. I've faced a couple really good ZSSes though. I don't think it was a lack of skill on the Samus players' parts, but Samus is even worse in free-for-alls. There's more emphasis on getting early kills, which Samus doesn't do, and she can't camp as well like I mentioned.

Alien Vision

Smash Ace
Samus and Zero Suit Samus are too high...
You, and everyone else haven't seen legitimate players who can justify what I've aforementioned in a heartbeat. I have seen really great ZSS's. I've even seen noob ZSS's hold their own because they unintentionally make use of their A spamming and have armor pieces to get a headstart.

Marth isn't that good if there is lag and your main KO potential lies in a tipper you won't get if an Ike knows what he is doing with his spacing and mindgaming.

I haven't seen even 1 Ganondorf spamming WizKick, etc. I've only encontered a Ganondorf spamming Warlock punch one time and he was one of the gresteast Ganondorfs I've ever fought online. (He knew how to wizkick cancel around Hyrule Temple like nobody's business.)

I do agree with Snake's place.

Trust me, I am a man of my word.

SupaSairentoZ7℠

Smash Hero
You, and everyone else haven't seen legitimate players who can justify what I've aforementioned in a heartbeat. I have seen really great ZSS's. I've even seen noob ZSS's hold their own because they unintentionally make use of their A spamming and have armor pieces to get a headstart.
While great Zero Suit Samus' aren't common regardless. It is a simple solution concerning the armors pieces by simply throwing them off the stage or if get Zero Suit Samus away from the armor pieces get rid of 2 but leave one to use. She isn't immune to her own armor pieces. Her paralyzing attacks (Neutral B and Dsmash) are also simply to avoid. Don't rush at her carelessly and keep distance from her.

Marth isn't that good if there is lag and your main KO potential lies in a tipper you won't get if an Ike knows what he is doing with his spacing and mindgaming.
Marth does have a difficulty truly spacing everything while he has more than 1 opponent to worry about and then the input lag or lag in general. Then again there are characters that can mess up his spacing. However you should correct yourself in saying "If any character knows what he/she is doing with his/her spacing and mind gaming." Any character can do this not just Ike...

Alien Vision

Smash Ace
While great Zero Suit Samus' aren't common regardless. It is a simple solution concerning the armors pieces by simply throwing them off the stage or if get Zero Suit Samus away from the armor pieces get rid of 2 but leave one to use. She isn't immune to her own armor pieces. Her paralyzing attacks (Neutral B and Dsmash) are also simply to avoid. Don't rush at her carelessly and keep distance from her.

^ Easier to say than be done.

The lag really makes characters like for even Ganondorf (especially at my level) really annoying to fight, because they have an amazing ground game. ZSS gets some lucky *** BS when it lags.

Which is why Ike is in his own tier XD. He has great ground game and a VERY annoying F-Smash that not only appears to be slow, but lag really makes Ike very annoying to approach; esp, if the Ike player knows what they are doing. Same goes for ZSS. A spamming and using those two stun moves really can get on your nerves when the lag is simply BS.

(Ever tried to kill a professional Samus spammer? I'm serious.. Missiles were everywhere on FD. Lololol.)

Marth does have a difficulty truly spacing everything while he has more than 1 opponent to worry about and then the input lag or lag in general. Then again there are characters that can mess up his spacing. However you should correct yourself in saying "If any character knows what he/she is doing with his/her spacing and mind gaming." Any character can do this not just Ike...

2^ No. Just no. 10Nos. You do not understand the simple fact that Ike is a god damn powerhouse that has a LONG sword. A LONG sword that makes it REALLY annoying to approach when it's lagging really bad. He can kill characters EASILY. I barely beat some Ike players at ''Who can kill the noob the most''. Their sword is just way too powerful online.
Responded.

SupaSairentoZ7℠

Smash Hero
^ Easier to say than be done.

The lag really makes characters like for even Ganondorf (especially at my level) really annoying to fight, because they have an amazing ground game. ZSS gets some lucky *** BS when it lags.

Which is why Ike is in his own tier XD. He has great ground game and a VERY annoying F-Smash that not only appears to be slow, but lag really makes Ike very annoying to approach; esp, if the Ike player knows what they are doing. Same goes for ZSS. A spamming and using those two stun moves really can get on your nerves when the lag is simply BS.

(Ever tried to kill a professional Samus spammer? I'm serious.. Missiles were everywhere on FD. Lololol.)
Wow lol just wow...

Clownbaby

Smash Apprentice
I've seen some great zss, and a bunch of poor ones, but they always do ok. Samus on the other hand always gets her *** handed to her, doesn't seem to matter how much she tries to space.

:phone:

Top Bottom