• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

BBQ's house of bbq with some t.v (11-6-10

BBQTV

Smash Master
since the arcade is going to be busy with a street fighter tournament they said their cant be brawl so i thought why not just have it in my house

oh and it's gonna be in my living room so it's well ventilated

786-344-7801 (BBQTV)

address:4306 SW 163 PATH
MIAMI, FL 33185

3$ Door Fee. If you bring a Wii, this gets reduced to 1$.

10$ Singles Fee

10$ doubles fee (5$ from each person)

Payout 50/30/15/5

THIS IS A DOUBLE ELIMINATION TOURNAMENT!

the earliest you can come is around 2:00 my mom said she doesn't really want people around at 12:00 so 2:00 maybe 1:00

also it's first come first serve for bringing a wii

doubles will begin after singles

this starts at 4:00

STARTERS
final destination
battlefield
smashvile
yoshi's island (BRAWL)
Lylat Cruise
Halberd
castle siege
Delfino Plaza
Pokémon Stadium

COUNTERPICK
frigate orpheon
Green Greens
Pokémon Stadium2
Rainbow Cruise
Pictochat
Norfair
Brinstar

1st stage is picked either by random, both players agreement or players eliminating stages 1 by 1 until a neutral stage is agreed upon

-if a stage can not be decided upon, both players pick a stage and random is changed accordingly.

Each player may announce one stage to be banned for counterpicks of the set.

if your controller is modified in a way that allows for some sort of cheating, you will be disqualified

in the event of a kirbycide, ganoncide, dedecide and bowsercide, the one who initiates the suicide wins

metaknight's infinite cape glich banned

no chain grabs past 300%

in the event of a time out the winner will be decided by stock then %

If both Stock and Percentage are tied, Sudden Death wont be used and a Tiebreaker Round will be played instead. In a Tiebreaker Round, Stock will be set to 1, the Timer will be set to 4 Minutes, and the same Stage and Characters must be used.

Stalling is banned.
Stalling: The act of deliberately avoiding any and all conflict so that one may make the game unplayable. Running away from an opponent to reach a better position is not stalling, while using an infinite to run out the timer rather than to score a KO is. As such, any infinite chain-grabs, locks, etc. cannot exceed 300%.

BBQTV

Smash Master
i thought your name was bbq to the 0th power

because that 0 next to your name looks like an exponet

OniTheWolf

Smash Journeyman
Maaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaybe. Very slim. Last time I wanted to go to a house tourney, my parents said no >.<

DFEAR

Smash Hero
honestly man. man up. u need to relax. u earned ur grade. u earned ur freedom. why be a prisoner in ur own life? doesnt make sense bro.

look getting good grades is good and all but u can do that AND more. im studying radiology right now AND have an internship at a hospital already :\ and i smash every week. ur parents HAVE to give u a break least once a week. i can ONLY imagine their thoughts on work bro

BBQTV

Smash Master
im thinking of changing it from 10$ to 5$ does anyone care?

Creaty

Smash Cadet
What I do care about is you changing that date to another one that's not the UM Tourney's date.

BBQTV

Smash Master
yes on november 6 UM is having a tourny

would you rather go to that or this?

BBQTV

Smash Master
creaty's wife works at UM and she told him that UM is having a tourny

OniTheWolf

Smash Journeyman
What I do care about is you changing that date to another one that's not the UM Tourney's date.
Explain yoursefl...@_@

I wanna get@it.

Sauce please. lol.

Anyways.........I hope it's not like the last one I went to...with Single elimination/Soccer balls/FFA if they are having one.

I would go to this if my parents felt comfortable at people's houses, lol. Since I can't drive yet...:/.

I really need to take my restricted, don't I?

DFEAR

Smash Hero
i like how u repeated that post 4 posts ago haha xD ppl need to read

OniTheWolf

Smash Journeyman
If thre's no UM Tourney, I'ma try to negotiate for this. I'm also going to buy a new controler this weekend, this Orange GCN my friend let me have last December has been having problems.

BBQTV

Smash Master
If thre's no UM Tourney, I'ma try to negotiate for this. I'm also going to buy a new controler this weekend, this Orange GCN my friend let me have last December has been having problems.
their is a tourney at UM on November 6th

OniTheWolf

Smash Journeyman
Erm, then I might not likely be going to this...my parents don't trust house tournaments for some strange reason >.< I'ma have to pick up the UM Flyer some how. Wish I could come, sorry BBQTV :(

BBQTV

Smash Master
thats odd cause i figure it's more safe then going to the mail and it's not like they cant hang at the house

BBQTV

Smash Master
What? I got to see it to believe it.

Also, to everybody else on Monday I'll tell the wife to find out all the details and post them here.
i shaved it the night i got home on thursday after we talked

BBQTV

Smash Master
yes it is

i have like 4 tvs maybe more and i could use some wiis if anyone can bring a t.v that would be cool

Creaty

Smash Cadet
So I found out that it's the women's soccer doing the SSBB tourney at UM so it's going to be bad again, you're better off skipping it

OniTheWolf

Smash Journeyman
Same rules? D: if so I will try and come to this WITH my Wii if possible. Will anyone be bringing a stream set up? Who is definately going to this?

Top Bottom