• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

BBR Stage Analysis Project

Destiny Warrior

Smash Apprentice
A coupel of things I'd like to bring up regarding Big Blue:-

1.The Falcon Flyer actually lasts 35 seconds, not 30. For 5 seconds, it's offscreen, but it is still within the stage's blast lines and is fair game to stand on without losing a stock.

2. It mentions the platforms being really spread apart. I assume this includes the cars. The two platforms occasionally appear, but I don't see them being very far away. Additionally, if somebody tries to camp the platforms, I believe you can shark them by using the cars as your base.

Also, the cars are always together, not spaced apart( saying in case you included them under platforms). If a car separates from the others, it indicates it's about to cross the blast line to the right, and hence is not safe to stand on. Usually 3 cars ar etogether, and if there's a 4th as well, it's an indication that the front car will soon leave.

Just wanted to throw that out.

1.The Falcon Flyer actually lasts 35 seconds, not 30. For 5 seconds, it's offscreen, but it is still within the stage's blast lines and is fair game to stand on without losing a stock.
This is probably true, since the cameras in practice mode (where I tested all of this) are different from the cameras in Vs. Mode. It's a minor difference, but a difference nonetheless.

2. It mentions the platforms being really spread apart. I assume this includes the cars. The two platforms occasionally appear, but I don't see them being very far away. Additionally, if somebody tries to camp the platforms, I believe you can shark them by using the cars as your base.
Platforms are platforms, cars are cars. Platforms would also include those black spherical things that fly around in the air.

UZ_Kathi

Smash Rookie
Great stuff de vous, l'homme. Ive lire vos données avant et vous êtes tout simplement trop génial. J'aime ce que youve a obtenu ici, aiment ce disant vous êtes et la manière dont vous le dites. Vous rendre divertissant et vous avez encore réussi à le garder à puce. J'ai hâte de lire plus de vous. C'est vraiment un excellent forum.

MEOW1337KITTEH

Smash Lord
NNID
daniel7001
Great stuff de vous, l'homme. Ive lire vos données avant et vous êtes tout simplement trop génial. J'aime ce que youve a obtenu ici, aiment ce disant vous êtes et la manière dont vous le dites. Vous rendre divertissant et vous avez encore réussi à le garder à puce. J'ai hâte de lire plus de vous. C'est vraiment un excellent forum.
Translated: Great stuff from you, man. Ive read your data before and you are just too great. I love what youve got here, love what you're saying and the way you say it. You make entertaining and you still manage to keep it smart. I look forward to reading more from you. This is really a great forum.

We are dabess <3 By the way, legalize Jungle Japes.

FOREVER KING

Smash Rookie
I still to this day do not understand why all tournaments just don't automatically play Final Destination every single match. It is the fairest level in the game. It's just one flat even playing field. No hazards, no extra platforms, no changes in the stage whatsoever. Just one straight up even platform for people to brawl on. You can't runaway, you can't camp, you have to fight, I think it is the fairest stage for all characters in the game. You can't make excuses when you lose on Final Destination, you didn't die from the level you died from the other player defeating you on an even playing field every single life.

Grim Tuesday

Smash Legend
Seeing as Final Destination is one of only two stages with zero platforms; I don't see any logical reason to treat it as the standard for Brawl.

For fighting games, sure, but Brawl isn't like most fighting games.

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
Honestly, I think everyone has a definition of "fair".
Some people think that "fair" means "win by running head to head to your opponent", others that it means "you're not allowed to take any external advantage", others (the group I am in) think that "fair" means to "allow characters to fully develop their potential and/or expose their weaknesses".
At least for this one last group, a wide variety of stages is vital, as a lot of characters can't have an optimal play if they are limited and others get worse of the stage selection increases
(and MK rockets his way up)

That said, I'm pretty sure that at this point, most Tournament Organizers don't do what they think is "more fair" as far as stages go. Instead, most people compromise with not too solid criteria to choose which stages to allow or prohibit.

MetalMusicMan

Sleepwalk our lives away.
I still to this day do not understand why all tournaments just don't automatically play Final Destination every single match. It is the fairest level in the game. It's just one flat even playing field. No hazards, no extra platforms, no changes in the stage whatsoever. Just one straight up even platform for people to brawl on. You can't runaway, you can't camp, you have to fight, I think it is the fairest stage for all characters in the game. You can't make excuses when you lose on Final Destination, you didn't die from the level you died from the other player defeating you on an even playing field every single life.
There are two definitions of a "neutral stage".

• A stage that has the least "interference" between/among the interactions of the characters on the stage.
  • A stage that gives the most even "chance at winning" between/among the characters on the stage.

Depending on which definition you adhere to, Final Destination can be the most neutral stage in the game, or actually one of the least neutral stages in the game.

Akaku94

Smash Journeyman
Man, been a while since I posted here lol...

Anyway,
What inherently makes a flat stage more fair? Doesn't the lack of platforms affect a match just as much as the presence of them? The biggest problem that I see with the current state of stage lists is that they have the wrong idea of what "fair" is. Smash is designed around stages; it's a platforming fighter. Imo, there is no way to define the "fairest" stage. FD gives advantages to certain characters just like other stages do. Yes, FD is fair, but so is SV, Brinstar, RC, Lylat, or any other stage that is not broken.

Top Bottom