• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

BBR Weekly Character Discussion #17: Donkey Kong (Contribute to this please)

Chaosgriffin

Smash Ace
I'll start CPing correctly with DK when I get all those techniques down. The only reason I never CP'd Yoshi's Island is the fact that I hardly knew anything. XD!

Chaos. I also saw your fight against wolf. I'm not too sure you should CP YI against Wolf.. My wolf main friend, floW and I were watching your match, and decided to be weird and both choose DK and Wolf as you both did and choose the same exact stage with the same controller slots... lolol..

Well we discovered that Wolf's side B will always be sweet spotted because of the awkward leveling of the stage, making you take *** loads of damage. Just be careful with that next time..

If he didn't ban Lylat, then you should have totally gone there. Lololol
Yeah, i know about that side b thing. I baited it a couple times, Powershielded it and killed with a down smash

¿Qué?

Smash Champion
Yeah, i know about that side b thing. I baited it a couple times, Powershielded it and killed with a down smash
Oh, okay. XD!

Then that's some sexy DK work.

Gawd, I gotta learn mah ****..

I forgot my Wii with my friend.. Need to go walk over there and pick it up. lolol.

weegeezilla

Smash Rookie
DK is and amazing heavy weights, his powerful attacks and above average approach is good for starting off the match. the only problem is that he's easily chain grabbed(except bowser's grab release)

wwwilliam0024

Smash Journeyman
DK doesn't have a bad edge game.... I love your constant underestimation of DK's abilities.

DK's ledge options can not be reacted to on command with a kill move at all since he has so many mix ups on the ledge

aside from normal ledge options, DK can drop down and do rising up air to make them back off, he can drop down and up-b and then hold down so he lands laglessly on stage rather than edge snap. or he can jump and then use up-b and land laglessly on a platform. OR he can even do a jump get up and buffer side-b so his momentum is stopped and if the opponent is right there waiting for DK to do something then boom, shield break.
Sadly Falco can shield grab/punish all of this.. But fortunately most falcos dont try to edge punish us DKs.

Baiting a Falco is harder than it sounds, specially in a large stage, i swear he will laser you to 100% and finish you of with his smashes, and annoy the **** out of you with his Jab to grab combo, its a hard MU, patience is a must, Your spaced attacks are your friends in this MU, when falco is above you punish his landing, and if you ever get him of stage, punish his Side B recovery with Bairs and Dsmashes.

Top Bottom