• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

BBR Weekly Character Discussion #2: Zero Suit Samus

solecalibur

Smash Master
Oh im well aware, he has proved she is worthy of moving up
Im probly being smart for reasons that dont need to be discussed here

I guess zss is sort of like the anti-snake right now
We suck on paper but we preform very well

DTP

L o s t - in reality~
I really like DEHF's comment on the first page.
lol

OverLade

Smash Hero
I played Nick Riddle with Falco in tourney a month or two ago for two sets (I actually use Falco, though it's not in great shape or anything).

I went 1-1 in winners (went MK 3rd game and won) and 1-2 in losers. He's really ****ing good at the matchup, though I still think Falco ***** ZSS. 7-3 is an exaggeration, I'd say 65-35 to 60-40 is a lot more reasonable. Falco has the options to completely shut down ZSS but Nick does a lot of stuff every other ZSS player doesn't understand and can't emulate and I think he's figured out ways to make the matchup a lot closer than previously believed.

Nefarious B

Smash Champion
I played Nick Riddle with Falco in tourney a month or two ago for two sets (I actually use Falco, though it's not in great shape or anything).

I went 1-1 in winners (went MK 3rd game and won) and 1-2 in losers. He's really ****ing good at the matchup, though I still think Falco ***** ZSS. 7-3 is an exaggeration, I'd say 65-35 to 60-40 is a lot more reasonable. Falco has the options to completely shut down ZSS but Nick does a lot of stuff every other ZSS player doesn't understand and can't emulate and I think he's figured out ways to make the matchup a lot closer than previously believed.
The youtubeking of all people should know that anything can be emulated. That's why we're hoping there are vids, since in a set as tense as that one probably was I doubt Nick was thinking "how am i gonna explain how I won later"

3DS FC
5429-7210-5657

Yeah there's no doubt ZSS loses.

I think a long time ago, I said something which I think accurately sums it up:

ZSS' options are limited, so you're going to get hit a lot. However, the options you do have are effective set-ups and generally deal more damage than Falco's superior option (laser camping, which ZSS can't really fight very well). Once she gets inside there are plenty of damage opportunities, and they will generally deal enough to keep up with Falco in terms of damage done. It's all about getting inside, though, which is touch-and-go. If anything, this match-up is more frustrating than it is unwinnable. There are also a few wildcards at ZSS' disposal, such as the 0-40% chaingrab she has on him, the dsmash lock to 40%, and the dash attack lock to jab which forces Falco to use his up+b. Any dash attack on Falco at mid-percents is a gimp opportunity.

ZSS at the end of the day though has only a few mediocre answers to Falco's laser camping+side-b shenanigans. Very frustrating. :\

I do think 4/6 is the most accurate, however this match is very close to unwinnable on Final Destination. I'm still not sure why NR didn't ban it.

OverLade

Smash Hero
The youtubeking of all people should know that anything can be emulated. That's why we're hoping there are vids, since in a set as tense as that one probably was I doubt Nick was thinking "how am i gonna explain how I won later"
But for some reason nobody has managed to emulate M2K's style, even when he started allowing his vids to be uploaded back in early 09.

People obviously wanna see how HE did it, but that doesnt' mean a wave of amazing ZSS players will pop up, or even older ZSS players doing better... we've been over this every time someone pulls something unexpected with a character lol.

Top Bottom