• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

BC Brawl Monthly VI Results!

Sushi3

Smash Apprentice
So much for "Probably not gonna post anymore in another Canada thread." But it's totally cool.

Also, I'll be repping EC once I'm back in PA, USA, but I want to represent PA especially. PA has been the soft spot between NJ/NY long enough...

Drake12

Smash Ace
How about a sorry instead of telling Kevin why he is wrong, manipulating words, trying to insult you, needs to suck up your insults since it was his character, trying to justify it and that he needs to have fun and enjoy the game even if you did call him a terrible player.

"it's obvious that you've changed the words I said and the ones you said to present yourself as the bigger person. "
You seem to be mistaken. This technically doesn't include anyone besides you and Kevin...so he isn't posting that to make anyone look bad, he paraphrased and it doesn't meet your standard because of what you think his intention is by saying 'buddy'.

I know it's dumb that I'm arguing here, but Kevin isn't here, and it sounds pretty rude IMO

Sushi3

Smash Apprentice
"How about a sorry"

You didn't hear our conversation if I'm not mistaken. How about we wait for Kevin to reply, since I'm sure he's perfectly capable of speaking for himself.

"This technically doesn't include anyone besides you and Kevin"

I don't understand why he would post his negative impression of me in a Province's results thread rather than send me a PM.

Captain L

Smash Champion

west coast...

hey tin man did you hear all of skidd's east coast shoutouts on stream?

Sushi3

Smash Apprentice
Kevin, I really don't remember saying anything I thought would be taken as offensive, but if I did, I'm truly sorry, ok? So let's just get along and stop arguing, ok?

Wait, we're not even arguing lol, my bad.

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
I did not post what I did for an apology. What I posted was something of a community consensus, rather than just my views. I just wanted to tell you to be more aware of what you say and do, and be more respectful. Seeing what you've posted lately, I'm still a little disappointed. You severely need to evaluate what you've said and posted and reflect a little.

Just because Brawl is a game involving moving pixels doesn't mean there can't be any attachment. While you did not hurt my feelings, what you did was a pretty bad move on your part.

Again, I just wanted you to know these things for when you return to the USA. I guarantee that if you do not change by the time of your first event in PA, you will be disliked by everybody there.

It takes a lot of effort to have good things about you passed around, but do anything bad and the news travels like wildfire.

Captain L

Smash Champion
Thanks Roller :)

Shoutoutssss

Jake - Thanks for running the tourney, the new venue is much better for our tournaments! Sorry ben couldn't make it, I was looking forward to getting ***** by you guys in doubles. Also your diddy is definitely getting good, you used him a lotttt this tourney.

Jason - Love your playstyle haha, being campy offstage is the bestttt. Wish we could've played more, all we had was pools and some doubles friendlies. Congrats on 3rd, and welcome to the community!

Sushi - Thanks for teaming with me, sorry you have to leave so soon after you came to BC :(

Big D - Let's not mention the DDD ditto ever again >__> Team with me sometime okay? Big D and Little L! (or Deap sucks~~~~)

Drake - Our pools set was really intense! Thanks so much for doing commentary on the stream, it was much appreciated :) Also we gotta play some more brawl-, Pika's bair is still OP ;)

Skidd - WE DID IT MAN. WE MADE IT HAPEN. The ironic part is that they say that while trying to hug each other. The car rides were fun and stuff, my panicy driving while you give directions, that horrible feeling you get when you missed a turn, and the pride that comes after showing off some mad driving techskill on those 135 degree turns. And going into oncoming traffic. What an adventure. My only complaint about yesterday is that we didn't play eachother like at all.

Crisis - Without the chaingrab, I might have lost our pools match lol. Here's a secret: I'm garbage against spacies, Without the chaingrab they'd be like as bad as olimar for me. Fortunately the chaingrab I have makes them a lot more manageable. You're getting better, can't wait to see more!

Kantrip - Another super intense pools match I had was with you, that was absolutely crazy. It's a shame that like nobody saw it though, and it wasn't able to be recorded. Your diddy was amazing in that match, if you could play it like that every game you'd be placing top 5 for sure. ;)

Sinister - Only time I played you was in lulz doubles friendlies, and in one serious doubles set I'm pretty sure. Glad you were there though, also asa says he's gonna **** you/

Kevin - Kevin you're the best, thanks for helping with the tournament both Friday and saturday, couldn't have happened without you! (Or at least it would've been lame with only 2 TVs) Keep on practicing BC's mascot! Also I approve of wearing a scarf.

~Firefly~

Smash Hero
Honestly, the issue with Sam being late for his bracket matches was ultimately a miscommunication. I have a certain expectation regarding how long I anticipate people will be gone when they leave for food, and when he asked if he could go for food, he was waiting on 3 more sets. Especially given how pretty much everybody was bringing food back to the venue, this would be more than enough time for a food run. Sam just took a lot more time than I expected he would, so when the bracket got to the point where we were waiting on his next set, I was surprised to find that he hadn't returned yet. I do need to be more specific when letting people know how long they can leave for (this is something I should've learned from when Tin Man asked me if he could take a break before pools at P6), but Sam, you should note that it's generally better to make your trips away from the venue as short as possible while you're still in the tournament.

I also want to clarify for Sam, your set definitely was holding up the tournament. Past the first couple rounds, it really doesn't matter how long it takes to go through the Winner's bracket nearly as much as the Loser's bracket. Loser's takes twice as long as Winner's, so it's very important that Loser's bracket matches are played as soon as possible, and when one set lags behind the rest of the bracket (in this case, your set with Dawson), it eventually causes the entire bracket to come to a standstill. As long as me and Landon finished WFs before your set with Jason (LSFs) finished, it really didn't matter how long we took. Generally, whoever's running the bracket knows what's delaying the tournament and what isn't a lot better than you do; this is a common mistake that tends to cause tournaments to run less efficiently. Again, just want to clarify.

P.S. - There was no bracket for doubles. We did a round robin since there were only 3 teams. Sushi and Captain L beat Sinister and I 2-1, and the other 2 sets were 2-0 in favour of the team that placed higher.

Edit: Updated the character list~

:005:

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
Requesting my Peach be replaced with Sheik, since I didn't use Peach for the tourney. Thanks <3

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
Aw Jason. You're gonna love all the people you haven't met then. :p

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
Sorry pal, working on a very long case study. Wouldn't you believe that my group made me their dedicated grammar checker of a 30 page report?

Maybe another time, and if ya got MSN, that's probably the best place to keep in touch. :D

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
Fair warning, once you start MSN-ing with us you'll be hooked! (I added you by the way!)

Crisis

Smash Ace
Short Shoutouts:
L: GJ winning! Our falcopika set was in winners. I used marth in pools and got wrecked. D:
Jake: Thanks for hosting. Sadly we didn't play this time.
Jason: Major props for your first tournament. Salty about our set though lool. We should team some time and be called salty ****.
Sushi: Have fun in PA. I hate diddy!
Drake: I liked our mm. We'll should do the same one next time lol.
Big D: Stole my pizza in a pizza match.
Skidd: Why is mario so scary?
Sinister: That last stock 2nd game was pretty dumb/gay/awesome :p
Courier: Zelda! Glad you made it for singles.
Kantrip: I hate diddy lol.

| Big D |

Smash Master
As longas we're doing shout outs

Captain L: I wish we had a serious match this time. That DDD ditto will be up eventually, you cannot simply erase it from historyy. Congrats on 1st. Those callouts to Mr. Doom and Esam on the stream were really funny, I wonder if they would accept your 100$ money match. (lol namesearch)

Firefly: Thanks for running the tourney, that pools set was really intense. Thanks for helping me train my secret character although I didn't really use it much lol. One of these days.

Jason: Shame we didn't have a serious match, although our MM was hype. Some of life's lessons you have to learn the hard way.

Sushi: How come you challenged me to DDD vs DDD and refused at the same time? I was all for it.

Drake: Our tourney set was pretty lol. 2 stocks for the first 2 games and a closer one at the end. Still, you did beast on me. GGs

Big D: The Gordo King

Crisis: Thanks for guiding me home. I'm horrible with directions :p. We had some intense FFAs and doubles. Stick with Falco, don't go Meta.

F10G: We played a lot. A MM, pools set, and tourney set. I feel bad for going DDD against you, but hey, play to win. We should have another Peach vs Mario MM

Sinister: Awesome dude, nice sense of humour. Hope to see you more. Those Teams were awesome. Dedede quads ftw

Courier: Thanks so much, I know smash has had it's up and downs for you lately, I hope you enjoyed yourself lots and are feeling positive again. Zelda should be mid tier.

Kantrip: Teams were awesome, we were reppin hard. Double DDD is awesome as well as Diddy quads. Just remember, DDD > Diddy in the Mu

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
Guess I shall spam this thread with some shoutouts of my own! (ie. Post count ++)

Captain L: ***** me as usual. Tried to stage spike you with Zelda at Rainbow Cruise, really disappointed I couldn't pull it off on you. One day though! Thanks so much for bringing over two TVs and picking up Bryan's router for me! Sporting that vest and tie<3

~Firefly~: We didn't play but I'm sure you've had enough of me for a while. :p It's okay that you used more than just Yoshi! Makes the game more interesting for everybody. Thanks for working so hard to set up the venue, lifting those heavy TVs, and for hosting the tourney!

Jason: The new guy, and BC got destroyed. It was great knowing you, and welcome to our small BC community. I look forward to seeing you in future events. Also, I HATE Jigglypuff... like seriously. Meta Knight too but he didn't sting as much. :c (Think you need a tag too...)

Sushi: Shame we didn't get to play but from what I heard you're a very good Diddy player. Had a lot of fun Din's-ing you (jk) but those FFAs were awesome. Best of luck in PA and no hard feelings!

Drake: Finally got to play you big guy! Your ROB is sooo good and I had no idea you played G&W as well. Next time, I wanna partner with you for some friendly doubles. ROB & Zelda make up the team I want to try out sooo badly. Thanks for your help at the end too<3

Big D: The person with the most Zelderp experience turns out to be the first person I played in Bracket. Gotta thank you so much for the experience you've helped me get the past while. Not that it really showed in tourney but you get the point! DDD quads are gross but the Zelda/Sheik/Peach pairs were completely amazing!

Crisis: Go away Falco! One of these days, I'll show you that Falco will not personally prefer the air! qq Wish we played more but it's always great to have friendlies with you. Laggy TVs ftw!

Forever10Guy: Finally got that hug<3 Thanks for warming me up a little before I got hurled into pools. We still need to play a semi-serious match sometime! Hate that cape, hate those fireballs, and at that water gun! HAPPY EARLY 10TH BIRTHDAY SKIDD (NOV 15, JUST GETTING THE WORD OUT)

Sinister: Wow Brandon, we have not played each other for ages. Next time, we gotta play for sure and I'll make sure Zelda does some damage! Maybe we can have some smashfests at your place later, and Jake can probably tag along since he lives so close to ya. Gotta prepare ya for that hype Asadelta vs. Sinister MM!

Courier: Wow Zelda sucks. Why do you main such a stupid character? It's time for you to main a top tier!

Kantrip: Hoo boy... I've been so nervous for that (lulzy) pride match. I never beat you before and that narrow win yesterday was very hard to earn although the last match was Peach vs. Olimar. Next time, we'll set the record straight!

Drake12

Smash Ace
My go at dem shoutouts.
Landon: I have yet to think of a possible way to beat your campy style. I normally know my mistakes, but you're a sick player all in all. I've never played someone who is better then me at minus, but you take the cake. Congrats bro. I lost to ya, but I definitally deserved it.
Jake: Always a Good time talking to ya. Really took me offguard with that diddy. Great job, and great venue :)
Jason: I gotta congratulate ya on doing so well on your first tournament ever. I'm extremely bitter about losing to ya...it being mk and all. But I look foreword to seeing ya around. Still up for doing some dubz together?
Sushi: A great player bro. No idea how to make improvement besides getting them reads going. Have a good time in the US, I'm sure you'll be a competitior down there.
Drake:Keep on being that sexy beast you are.
Big D:Very nervous playing against you. Your snake took me by surprise (hehe) and I was nervous going GW against ya for sure. I almost **** a brick when I SD'd
Skidd: Hiiiiii :D
Sinister: Great friendlies bro. I hope to see you around and get to know ya better.
Courier: Have faith my friend and keep playing and you'll naturally get better. <3 ya bro ^.^
Crisis: I love our money matches :D Sick gimmicks are always fun. We need to do moar!

SKidd

Smash Master
Mario is scary because he's a mother****ing plumber from Italy.

i don't know how i make this **** up either

Nah Dawson, I'll beat the 'invincible' DDD next time.
Be ready.

@Kevin o thx ya dat hug wuz secksee
also thx 4 da burfday shoutout <12

hi drake

Sushi3

Smash Apprentice
Sushi: How come you challenged me to DDD vs DDD and refused at the same time? I was all for it.

Kantrip: Teams were awesome, we were reppin hard. Double DDD is awesome as well as Diddy quads. Just remember, DDD > Diddy in the Mu
Stop torturing me... :dizzy:

But seriously, I really want to do a Diddy vs DDD MM on Bridge of Eldin with someone in the next few days, if possible.

Also, for all you guys who hate Diddy, which is basically everyone except Kantrip, practice Diddy dittos, even if you suck as Diddy, not even joking.

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
Looking for a super, awesome, creative tag please. I have one more name change!

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
I dunno... it's kinda random. I like the word because it looks French...

Captain L

Smash Champion
Kevin change your tag to Corporeal K

I just typed in something that was obviously wrong and then used autocorrect suggestions to get corporeal, I sure hope that's the right word.

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
Haha, it's Corporal. Corporeal is something that has a physical form.

Actually, speaking of military titles, I always like the word Colonel because of the way the word is pronounced compared to the spelling. Maybe I'll create a Cor/Col K tag. :p

Top Bottom