• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

BC, Canada, SFU #3, January 5th, SSBM/SSB64

Metà

Smash Master
*NOTE* I'm sorry I posted this so late. I've had months to prepare this, and I have no excuse other than "I've been lazy and forgetful". With that out of the way, yes this is still happening, and I will do my best to make it a success, even if limited by the short notice.

This will be the third Melee tournament I've hosted at SFU and possibly the last that I will be hosting. The last two were very successful, especially the last one in April in which we had over 60 attendees. Also, this event will feature SSBM and SSB64 (though the focus will on Melee, of course, with SSB64 as a side event).

Date: January 5th
Address: 8888 University Dr.
Mapquest: http://www.mapquest.com/maps/map.adp?formtype=address&country=US&popflag=0&latitude=&longitude=&name=&phone=&level=&addtohistory=&cat=&address=8888+University+Drive&city=Burnaby&state=BC&zipcode=

Time: 10 am to 7 pm

Entrance fees:
SSBM Singles: 10$/person
SSBM Doubles: 10$/team
SSB64 Singles: 5$/person

Rules:

Stock : 4 stock
Time limit: 8 minutes (10 for semi-finals and finals; Higher stock/percent wins, if exact draw, then match restarts with each player having one life and lasts until one wins.)
(Round Robin for seeding into double elimination brackets.)
Rounds: Best 2/3 matches, in the Semi Finals (losers and winners) we go to best out of 5. Finals are best out of 5 match.
Stages: 1st stage random, following by Advanced Slob Picks -- Loser may choose the next stage or elect to go random, then winner may choose to change characters, then loser may change characters
*Dave's Stupid Rule: No stage may be used twice in a single match, either by random select or by picking.
Random stages: Pokemon Stadium, Battlefield, Final Destination, Fountain of Dreams, Yoshi's Story, Dreamland 64.
Banned stages: Hyrule Temple, Venom, Fourside, Great Bay, Yoshi's Island 64, Brinstar Depths, Onett, Flatzone, Icicle Mt, Big Blue. All other stages allowed.
Entrance Fee: TBA
Pot: 60/30/10 Rounded up or down in the fairest possible rounding to make it easy to split.
Items: Off

Additional rules:
Double Blind pick may be called at any time
Banned stages can be picked if both players agree

Teams: Double Elimination

Stock : 4 stock
Time limit: 8 minutes (10 for semi-finals and finals.)
(Round Robin for seeding into double elimination brackets.)
Rounds: Best 2/3 matches, in the Finals (losers and winners) we go to best out of 5.
Stages: 1st stage random, following by Advanced Slob Picks
Random stages: Pokemon Stadium, Battlefield, Final Destination, Yoshi's Story, Kirby 64 -Dreamland.
Banned stages: Hyrule Temple, Venom, Fourside, Mini Hyrule, Yoshi's Island 64, Brinstar Depths, Onett, Flatzone, Icicle Mt, Big Blue. All other stages allowed.
Entrance Fee: TBA
Pot: 60/30/10 or 70/30 Rounded up or down in the fairest possible rounding to make it easy to split.
Items: Off
Ties broken by lives/percentages, if exact tie, super sudden death
Team Attack ON
Life Stealing Allowed

Other rules:
-- Controller mods of ANY kind (short-hop mod, L-trigger mod, etc), except for cosmetic changes (paint job, different colored plastic), are banned. If you are caught using a banned controller you will be disqualified from the tournament.

-- Turbo or programmed buttons of any kind are banned. You may use third party controllers or pads that have these features, but if you are suspected of using the banned features you will not be allowed to use that controller any longer.

--Glitches used to stop your opponent from controlling their character or indefinitely freezing them (Mewtwo's Soul Stunner, the Ice Climber freeze glitch), or any glitch or trick that freezes the match or makes it in any way unfinishable are banned. Using them will result in the immediate forfeit of the match.

-- Tactics such as Peach's Wallbombing and Jiggly's Rising Pound are allowed as methods of recovery or to manuever around the stage. Using them (or any similar tactics) to excessively stall a match, such as droping below levels intentionally and stalling underneath, is banned. I will be on the tournament floor and can be called in at any time to enforce this rule during a match

--You are responsible to BRING YOUR OWN CONTROLLER.

Please confirm with me that you will be attending, either through this thread, PM, or email (ecw6 (at) sfu (dot) ca). We can fit a lot of people in these rooms (we've had a lot of people attend these) and the surrounding area, but there is a reasonable limit of around 80 people, and I don't want to push that (we probably won't have that many people, but who knows?). If you're not confirmed and you just show up, that's alright, but I may need to ask some people to leave if there are too many, or people are being too loud.

ATTENDEES:
1. Evan (Meta)
2. Yakal (Zero P)
3. Tiep (Patooty)
4. Troy (dark_dragon8)
5. Eric (Blunted_object10)
6. Christian (Dead Sexy Vocab)
7. John (Hitsugaya)
8. Robbie (Genesis FTW)
9. Shane (Eggz)*
10. Nate (DJ Combo)*
11. Tony (Dieslow)
12. Matt (bwmat)
13. Jack (unityole)
14. Adam (NoobKing)
15. Matt Wilcox
16. Mat (Hillary)
17. Ross (Shermanator)
18. Kurtrad (Kurtis)
19. Sho (Japman)*
20. Nathan (Rusty Shacklefurd)
21. Rushan (Firestorm88)
22. Ryan (CrackHead/CowEar)
23. Daz (RikyuXz.~)*
24. Evan R (Sion)
25. Coudvan

EQUIPMENT:
Meta - 2 TV's, 1 GCN, 1 large projector (suitable for friendlies and warm-ups, but will not be used for tournament matches because of lag)
Zero P - 1 GCN*
Eric - 1 TV, 1 Wii
Christian - 1 GCN*
Jack - 1 TV (RF switch needed)
Matt - 1 TV, 1 GCN

5 TV's + 3 consoles CONFIRMED

(* means unconfirmed)

unityole

Smash Lord
my TV is avaliable, just let me get it out of the lounge before 5th.

and of course, long live the ssb64!!
looking forward to really play with Adam and Eric this time. I didn't have a chance before cause im such a bad host :| but this time will do.

btw jan5th, is that even on weekend?

Hillary

Smash Apprentice
Mat (me), Ross (shermanator), and Kurtrad (Kurtis) are all confirmed to come. Sho (JAPMAN) is unconfirmed for the moment.

Bwmat

Smash Ace
Could there actually be a low tier melee tournament this time? I was looking forwards to it last time, but it didn't happen.

Firestorm88

Smash Lord
Work's over and it's before school starts so I'm (Rushan) in. Haven't been on Burnaby campus in a looong time even though I go to SFU =P I'll email SFU Games Club and hopefully many of them show up too.

Edit: Which building was it in again? Applied Science I think?

unityole

Smash Lord
it will still be **** even if there aren't many players for ssb64 xD

unityole

Smash Lord
add doubles for ssb64? xD gonna team up with Adam. hopefully steve and his bro will show up

AIDS

Smash Lord
there will probably not be enough people for ssb64 doubles, but people should suply more TV's and GC's, and if i can ask can anyone else suply VCR's or Tapes, if you can bring tapes not a VCR that is fine(or vice versa), but please as we wish to record most matches and post them, i can only suply my one VCR, also Evan i don't know if you need power bars or extention cords but as the turnament is in a phew days you should really make your last request now and update who is coming and what people are bringing.

anyone we look to be short of suplys i can suply 1 GC and 1 Wii but someone needs to bring a second copy of smash please, and if you can suply somthing, don't be lazy, bring it or else we will all be waiting for ever to play our games.

happy new years everyone, we shall see you at the turnament!

Top Bottom