• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

BC Melee Rankings: Late Fall 2012

jugfingers

Smash Champion
I don't really understand this, so points are awarded arbitrarily from discussion after a tournament?

that seems like it defeats the whole concrete nature of points.

I really think an elo system would be way more accurate.

Bamesy

Smash Ace
...making interesting maneuvers in the Okanagan...
What is elo?
As far as I've heard it's based strictly off results (results will never be 100% accurate, not even close really, hence discussion is needed 100% of the time)

That was just an example. No tourneys or anything is needed.
The ONLY thing this point system would do is...
Instead of being seperated 1-10 and PLACEMENT awarded (as you put it) - "Arbitrarily from discussion after tournament."
Points proportional to difference in skill are awarded (the same way) - "Arbitrarily from discussion after tournament."

It adds depth to it, detail that really should be there to show the close proximity of players skillwise and how people are excelling in their position. It also adds a fun aspect of competition that's been lacking.

Not much will change, if anything, aside from the fact that there will be points or whatever you wanna call them attributed to the PR ALONG WITH the Rank. This current Ranking is a position that doesn't really show much aside from quantity of players above them in BC, not the quality. Points can measure quality. Something that's usually quite beneficial towards fun competition and growing.

Smarts and collective discussion and views will get a correct order better than tournament results EVER will. With both Rank in the PR now, and a point system.

I know it's been considered to have Point Systems before, but I don't know what kind.
This is the kind I would consider. Please give it some consideration, as it's a way of positioning quality that's used in many areas. Smash is one it could very much apply to as well.

But do explain elo, I do not know this thang.
Edit: NVM question has been answered.
Kaelen and Chris are good at Smash. BTW
Watch out BC, they are sexy, seriously.
:O

SKidd

Smash Master
Sion, when will you move on?

You must get married and have real sex children in the future.

booshk

Smash Lord
Sion es la violación que niños pequeños temen. Debe tener cuidado, Sheldon.

booshk

Smash Lord
Sion no es filipino. Sion es VIOLACION! CUANTAS VECES TENGO yo QUE DECIRLE?!?!?

Diakonos

Smash Lord
Top Bottom