• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

BC Melee Rankings: Late Fall 2012

Sion

Island of Horizon
The PR discussion. Oh man.

No, I'm off. I spent many many hours on Saturday playing smash with Sion and some of the WestVan guys (remember kyuukyuu and emubreath?). In fact, if they actually showed up and played more often, or played with each other more often, 8-10 oughta watch out.

I stick with my original list. Except Sion for sure. And while playing friendlies with Matt, I see he is good but I never really get that feeling during tournaments. IMO Sion > Matt. And it's not just that people don't know how to play against Link (I do, for one), it's just that his link is freaking good, and he has secondaries like Falco and Marth to back him up. It's a no brainer. He almost beat me at the minitourney in West van on saturday. Sion is THE bohemian rapesody.
Thanks for the +rep, Manuel. I plan to get a lot better throughout the days, so I guess I must practice.

Patooty

Smash Ace
Does anyone still host smashfests? (other than SFU - I'm banned and would prefer not to spend 4hrs/day on transit)

xXx-NoobKing-xXx

Smash Hero
Does anyone still host smashfests? (other than SFU - I'm banned and would prefer not to spend 4hrs/day on transit)
Robyextreme has had something in the mix for a while now. Not sure when he plans to get the ball rolling on that. :p

My place is a shared 1 bedroom apartment so no go there.

Nicks house would be awesome if he still played.

My moms place is... well I dunno why we stopped having tournaments there. I can't say :/

Tony: Can you post your list here plz?

Dynamism?

Smash Champion
awwww, I'm so jealous of you Vancouver players.

You get to play smash like once or twice a week.

Sooooo cool. DANGIT I wanna move there haha!!

dieslow

Smash Ace
1rd: me
2th: manuel
3nd: ryan
4rd: adam
5th: tiep
6th: roby
7th: evan
8th: matt
9th: daltsy
10th: sion
11th: gary
12th: keith
13th: rusty
14th: yakal

where da melee at

Patooty

Smash Ace
No he's just sharing. So we don't get the ol' "You completely forgot to take x into consideration" bickering.

Metà

Smash Master
There should just be 'inactive but good' and 'honourable mentions' sections beneath the actual rankings. Both would be unranked, but I think it would give a better indication of where people in this community are at. It just doesn't feel right being ranked so many points higher just because John, Manuel, and Eric aren't listed anymore, because I know they're still better than me. It also makes sense to give a mention to those who are actually very close to being on the list, but barely fell short.

Bwmat

Smash Ace
There should just be 'inactive but good' and 'honourable mentions' sections beneath the actual rankings. Both would be unranked, but I think it would give a better indication of where people in this community are at. It just doesn't feel right being ranked so many points higher just because John, Manuel, and Eric aren't listed anymore, because I know they're still better than me. It also makes sense to give a mention to those who are actually very close to being on the list, but barely fell short.

I a g r e e.

SpaceFalcon

Smash Lord
1rd: tony
2th: manuel
3nd: ryan
4rd: adam
5th: me
6th: tiep
7th: evan
8th: sion
9th: matt
10th: daltsy

Zero_P

Smash Ace
uhm...I'm pretty sure tim is better than matt and sion...at least from last time he was here. Do you guys have him loser cuz he doesn't attend so much?

Dynamism?

Smash Champion
yeah. nubcakes all over the place.

lol @ Daltsy<Matt/Sion
He beats Evan, so.... ya...

unattending and inactivity WHERE YOU AT WHERE YOU AT!?!?!?

Metà

Smash Master
yeah. nubcakes all over the place.

lol @ Daltsy<Matt/Sion
He beats Evan, so.... ya...

unattending and inactivity WHERE YOU AT WHERE YOU AT!?!?!?
When's the last time I lost to Tim in a tournament match?

You don't play in tournaments, you're not gonna be high on PR. Friendlies don't count.

gg no re

Zero_P

Smash Ace
Yeah james, you should actually take into consideration who tim has beaten and who evan has beaten. AND that tim hasn't attended any recent mainland tournaments. Tourney results > friendlies

but yeah I think daltsy> Sion/matt...lol

Stryk9

Smash Journeyman
well i can beat tim in friendlies when hes been drinking glasses of rum SO THERE *sly grin*

put me like 8th, maybe 9th maybe minus one first, which is like 1 above first somehow. , I'll discuss it further with my victoria contemporaries.

Dynamism?

Smash Champion
When's the last time I lost to Tim in a tournament match?

You don't play in tournaments, you're not gonna be high on PR. Friendlies don't count.

gg no re
I know, just laughing at the matt/sion thing.

Yeah james, you should actually take into consideration who tim has beaten and who evan has beaten. AND that tim hasn't attended any recent mainland tournaments. Tourney results > friendlies

but yeah I think daltsy> Sion/matt...lol
I did and I know, pretty **** by jiggs recently.

well i can beat tim in friendlies when hes been drinking glasses of rum SO THERE *sly grin*

put me like 8th, maybe 9th maybe minus one first, which is like 1 above first somehow. , I'll discuss it further with my victoria contemporaries.
I like that idea. Wait, minus #s are acceptable?! :O

AIDS

Smash Lord
Hey, if we are going through the trouble to make a 15 man PR to see who is where, shouldn't we be like a normal smash Comunity and do a 15 man PR? The johns before was the fact it is so hard to rank these people accurate, and now that you guys seem to be doing it anyway, I think it would make sence to be normal. haha.

Anyway, time to defend my drop in ranking? lol
Anyway I think that I placed the same as sion in tournament, I don't recall his bracket though. and I don't see how placing the same place as 10th on pr, makes him go up to 8th or 9th right away, and that person he tied with go down to 12th? I feel to prove myself with no johns I would accept MM's from gary, sion, and matt.

IMO - The Pr with all who asked to be removed, removed. Should be.
1Tony
2Ryan
3Adam
4Roby
5Tiep
6Evan
7Keith
8Sion
9Matt(last two tournaments I have beat him, or have not seen him play that will)
10Gary(assuming from you, I have not even seen him at an event or play)

This is for top 10, and counting Tim as inactive.

Sidenote: lol at Jack sugesting me as in active and keeping Daltsy active. lol

unityole

Smash Lord
IMO - The Pr with all who asked to be removed, removed. Should be.
1Tony
2Ryan
3Adam
4Roby
5Tiep
6Evan
7Keith
8Sion
9Matt(last two tournaments I have beat him, or have not seen him play that will)
10Gary(assuming from you, I have not even seen him at an event or play)

This is for top 10, and counting Tim as inactive.

Sidenote: lol at Jack sugesting me as in active and keeping Daltsy active. lol

the last sentence, i think u meant you're inactive and THEY count Tim as active.
Matt is prob better than Sion for now just cause matt uses fox. Gary just like Tim inactive, although i've yet to see him in person, not showing up to events/tournies means no chnace to be on the PR. so in this case i would put yakal and nathan on PR.

so right after evan 6th, keith 7th assuming that he'll beat matt most of the time. matt will be 8th followed by yakal/sion/nate.

AIDS

Smash Lord
the last sentence, i think u meant you're inactive and THEY count Tim as active.
Matt is prob better than Sion for now just cause matt uses fox. Gary just like Tim inactive, although i've yet to see him in person, not showing up to events/tournies means no chnace to be on the PR. so in this case i would put yakal and nathan on PR.

so right after evan 6th, keith 7th assuming that he'll beat matt most of the time. matt will be 8th followed by yakal/sion/nate.
I was not sure about Gary being active, but yes in thaty case I would have to say Sion 9th and NAthan 10th IMO sounds very accurate.

dieslow

Smash Ace
my PR list is more on my judgement of people's skill level, more than tourney results. placing higher than someone doesnt mean much, unless u placed like top 3.

dieslow

Smash Ace
i got my list from playing people, watching them play, and seeing how other people did against them.

manuel stays on PR. if hes off im off

Top Bottom