• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

BC Melee Rankings: Late Fall 2012

xXx-NoobKing-xXx

Smash Hero
Good stuff John. Also I TOTALLY forgot about Tim. Within the past 6 months - 9 months tim has beaten people like Eggz and Carl in tournament. That can't be overlooked.

1. Tony
2. Manuel
3. Eric
4. John
5. Ryan
6. Sion
7 - 10 Roby/Tim/Tiep/Adam (pretty close)

I feel I should be able to beat Tiep and Tim, but I've lost to both of them the last time we played in tournament whether it was for money or not. Sion I can go really close with but he seems to beat me most of the time. Roby... seems to have gotten better since he stopped playing regularly, lmfao.

Sion has beaten Eric, and almost beaten john now. I think he's a no brainer, whether or not he goes above tiep, I think he should but he should be 7th, at the VERY least.

Yakal: You have gotten loads better and you're right around 10th. I just think you might have a harder time with other matchups than i would. Like vs Peach for example. You can do well against falco/falcon/fox as good as me at least in some of them, whereas you might have a harder time vs a peach or marth than I would. Just a thought.

Get@Will

Smash Champion
1. DIESLOW
2. Manuel
3. Eric
4. John
5. Ryan
6. Sion
7. Tiep
8. Roby
9. ADAM BROWN
10. Evan

Just because Tiep beats Sion silly doesn't mean that he's going to do better against other players. John's right, Sion may have trouble with someone's playing style, but he still gives EVERYONE a hard time. No exceptions.

I think we're going to need some more MMs to determine some placings. Specifically Adam and the Extreme and maybe, MAYBE some Tiep and Falcon Slayer the Great Si-on.

xXx-NoobKing-xXx

Smash Hero
Good point Will, and quite a similar list to mine I see. =p

Also, I've been thinking... remember how we used to have a top 15 on our PR? Until we realized that there wasn't enough of a difference between spots 11-15 to justify having a top 15? Well, I think we've reached a point where it would be good to consider making our PR top 15 again. There's several players of noteworthy skill aka yakal, matt, will, etc. that deserve to be recognized for their ability and i think changing the PR back to top 15 should be something we consider. Any thoughts?

Get@Will

Smash Champion
Probably not. Skill between Top 10 and top 15 is still WAY too big. I don't think we'd find anyone filling Top 15 spots anyways lol.

dieslow

Smash Ace
sion is also harder for me than tiep is, jsut sayin.

so how do we update this thing now? MM for spots?
lol i'll defend it with a $20+ mm's

dieslow

Smash Ace
1. Dieslow
2. Diakonos
3. Blunted_Object10
4. Hitsugaya
5. CowEar
6. Patooty/Sion
7. Sion/Patooty
8-10: Adam, Roby, Evan

xXx-NoobKing-xXx

Smash Hero
sion is also harder for me than tiep is, jsut sayin.

so how do we update this thing now? MM for spots?
lol i'll defend it with a $20+ mm's
1. Dieslow
2. Diakonos
3. Blunted_Object10
4. Hitsugaya
5. CowEar
6. Patooty/Sion
7. Sion/Patooty
AHHAHA I would expect nothing less from Tony. Someone should take him up on it... SOMEONE.

unityole

Smash Lord
1. Dieslow
2. Diakonos
3. Blunted_Object10
4. Hitsugaya
5. CowEar
6. Patooty/Sion
7. Sion/Patooty

1. Tony/Eric/Manli/John
2. Tony/Eric/Manli/John
3. Tony/Eric/Manli/John
4. Tony/Eric/Manli/John
5. Ryan
6. Tiep/Sion/Roby/Tim
7. Tiep/Sion/Roby/Tim
8. Tiep/Sion/Roby/Tim
9. Tiep/Sion/Roby/Tim
10. Adam

and really imo, pr should be updated at least once a month, this thread is kinda weird. a tourney or 2 happens in like 4 to 5 monthes span just too little, PR cant be based on just that. to be honest people dont just perform 100% in their tourney play, they screw up too. sometimes in friendlies people do play at least 80%+ to win or sometimes even 90+.

no one would want to purposely lose and then cause an upset unless one wants to lure in some MMs.

my point is, PR should be updated AT LEAST once a month, if not once every 2 months the most. WHICH MEANS TONY AND MANLI SHOULD BE MORE ACTIVE FOR SMASH.

Harrisburg

Smash Journeyman
1. Tony/Eric/Manli/John
2. Tony/Eric/Manli/John
3. Tony/Eric/Manli/John
4. Tony/Eric/Manli/John
5. Ryan
6. Tiep/Sion/Roby/Tim
7. Tiep/Sion/Roby/Tim
8. Tiep/Sion/Roby/Tim
9. Tiep/Sion/Roby/Tim
10. Adam

and really imo, pr should be updated at least once every month, this thread is kinda weird. a tourney or 2 happens in like 4 to 5 monthes span just too little, PR cant be based on just that. to be honest people dont just perform 100% in their tourney play, even in friendlies people do play at least 80%+ to win or sometimes even 90+.

no one would want to purposely lose and then cause an upset unless one wants to lure in some MMs.

my point is, PR should be updated AT LEAST once a month, if not 2 months the most. WHICH MEANS TONY AND MANLI SHOULD BE MORE ACTIVE FOR SMASH.

jack is a goon,

anyways, lets have a tourney where the rankings decide our place :p and the ppl who got 5th (since theres 2) play a set, and the ppl and the 7's? ( 4 of them? ) play a round robin

sion, whats your standing on you and tiep, cause i actually wanna see what your input is on it

Igcoris

Smash Journeyman
Let's see.. I always thought Tiep was better than me because he beats me. I won't disregard me beating Eric or giving others an even more hard of a time; that's what's getting me considered for being 6th. I'm not going to overlook Tiep's accomplishments either. He does quite well against higher ranked people, disposes of other people quite easily, and does well in teams. If you factor all of that in, I'm a close tie to Tiep. It could go either way unless you want to say that because Tiep beat me, Tiep > Sion. If that's the case, we'd have to settle that with a serious MM. If not, then gg sion.

Dynamism?

Smash Champion
This thing was top 15 once?

Maybe you should really consider that again. There's a LOT of competition now days.

ON FOR SURE?
Tony
Manuel
Eric
John
Ryan
Sion
Tiep
Tim

ON MAYBE?
Adam
Yakal
Roby
Evan

lol

Blunted_object10

Smash Master
This thing was top 15 once?

Maybe you should really consider that again. There's a LOT of competition now days.

ON FOR SURE?
Tony
Manuel
Eric
John
Ryan
Sion
Tiep
Tim

ON MAYBE?
Adam
Yakal
Roby
Evan

lol
Other soon competitors for the BC PR ;)

Will
Vincent ( I can see him doing really well soon! )
bh wilfred (that marth player from Richmond... I haven't played him a long time though..)
Keith does alright sometimes... :p
Gamepro88 maybe?
Dynamism someday for sure ;)
Bwmat (just needs to stop choking..)
Rusty (He's getting a lot better I think! )
I'm probably forgetting some people but BC is too good! =D

I personally think we could do a top 15.. but more people need to be active ;)

unityole

Smash Lord
I think BC is almost active enough for a top 15 if not just active enough.
thats not possible actually incase u guys dont realize this, i call more than half of u out on msn every fuking day for a week and only half the people shows up. eric is right, not active enough to do top 15, prob not even top 10.

top 5 would be fine

SpaceFalcon

Smash Lord
I wouldn't mind top 5. Being ranked below that is just depressing, I wont wanna be on the list then lol, besides I don't really wanna fox in like small tournaments anymore so you wont know what rank I would be anyway.

unityole

Smash Lord
i dont see the meaning of that post mike.

this is melee PR thread yo talk about stuff related to rankings, stuff like eric and john should be higher than 3rd and 4th

Top Bottom