• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

BC Stats Smasfest @ SFU Surrey: TBA

xXx-NoobKing-xXx

Smash Hero
I will go to SFU around 6pm. I just need to get my gamecube since jack has been dragging it around for me almost a week now lol. I'll probably watch a bit I wanna see how those new guys play for epic stats =)
Roby you better be working or something. 6pm is hella weak.

uhh guys

I am quitting smash

sorry =(

I love all of you, had fun times, bye bye
I've heard it all before. Also, it's not like none of us can ever see you again. Unless ur like moving to another country, lol. I expect to be playing smash with you again within the next few months. no jonz.

Patooty

Smash Ace
lol you can't quit a videogames cause it's a videogame and you'll probably end up playing it when you feel like. don't be so drama queen about it, and just go see your friends once in a while even if you get busy...

ikool

Smash Apprentice
no man I just can't lol and I kinda really don't feel like playing anymore

just not interested in smash
Trust me, that is not true.

There will be days where there will be a setup of smash somewhere, and there will be that incredible urge to see if you still got the skillz from before.

I actually quit smash before coming to university. After I saw how much smash activity there was on campus, my interest was piqued again.

Yakal

Torquasm-Rao
well the difference between you and I, ikool, is that I have been in the community for like 2 years now and have been playing literally non-stop. I was at every tournament and smashfest and idunno I think i'm all played out now

unityole

Smash Lord
lol you can't quit a videogames cause it's a videogame and you'll probably end up playing it when you feel like. don't be so drama queen about it, and just go see your friends once in a while even if you get busy...
hes got a point there, wtf yakal? ****ing ***-got piss me off u fuking SUCHKDEEP
u dont quit until i quit u fuking loser. did i ever tell u that ur falco sux? gg no re ***** thats what u get for leaving smash *****

unityole

Smash Lord
tomorrow confirmed

Adam, Roby, John, Scott, Sion, Will, Evan, Matt, Tiep-Ryab and Choco
possibly Tony as well. people PLEASE BRING SETUPS AND MELEE GAME PLZ

Gamepro

Smash Apprentice
Still having a Gamecube would have been useful now, since I lent the Wii to a friend. Hope we get at least 4 setups going.

SpaceFalcon

Smash Lord
Champion advice right here. I've quit this game like 10 times, it becomes bothersome reminding everyone. :laugh:

Roby you better be working or something. 6pm is hella weak.
It's a miracle I'm going at all. Seems like recently every time I smash I just get frusterated to easily, and losing streaks are not fun.

Firestorm88

Smash Lord
What are the times that are available for SFU surrey? I mean legit times, not "let's keep playing and hide from security" times.

I wanna meet Will if he looks anything like his avatars lol
Technically, I'm sure it's never and it's SFU Students only. Nobody really minds unless you're noisy or douchey.

So don't be LysanderBlack and it's all cool. I'm pretty sure people will want to join in though so I'd be nice about explaining to them what you're doing rather than taking an elitist attitude towards it. Just explain it's a friendly tournament style event with 1v1s and that they're free to join in =)

PS: I'm taking classes again next semester. Will be at Surrey on Mondays and Wednesdays.

Firestorm88

Smash Lord
Got ***** in melee stats... I just wish there was more brawl up in Surrey. :)
There was and would easily be. I think the biggest problem is that the library still hasn't got Brawl. We were playing almost non-stop for the month before it came out in NA. Then we played until summer. After that summer I didn't spend as much time in the games room due to conflicting schedules with some friends + busy with projects so i'm not sure what went on.

You could easily start Brawl by just bringing your disc, turning it on, and grabbing controllers from the front. People will join.

Dynamism?

Smash Champion
Tends to happen when I post.
story of my life, lmao
LOL team funny combo

uhh guys

I am quitting smash

sorry =(

I love all of you, had fun times, bye bye
... grrrrrr!!!!

no man I just can't lol and I kinda really don't feel like playing anymore

just not interested in smash
You'd be interested if I was back at it. ;)

let's have a 5 hour man to man talk about life
can I join too? =D
I would like to be in on this too, please? :)

well the difference between you and I, ikool, is that I have been in the community for like 2 years now and have been playing literally non-stop. I was at every tournament and smashfest and idunno I think i'm all played out now
Take a break, that's all you need.

Here's a story...

Late May > Mid August
In an 11 week period, I was home 1 weekend.
California, Washington, Vancouver 3 times, Alberta, Vernon twice and Penticton twice.

Each was for a tournament but the Penticton and Vernon trips (music but stayed at smash till dawns between the shows so I didn't have to drive hours extra home)

I was COMPLETELY smashed out.
Smashed out to the point where I didn't even care and focused more on how many of *insert random attack here* I could land in a match rather than improving or winning. Played so much and got so much better that the only players I even felt threatened by in Alberta were Carl, Tim and PKM, who I used to accept losing to. I then ***** everyone else (who only 6 months earlier, all ***** me) and I felt like I was linked into Action Replay in doubles when I was simply screwing around the whole time.

WAY too much smash in so short a time will destroy your want for it. Just like anything.
I played more smash June through July than I did the entire previous year combined. I wanted it too, as being crammed in the Okanagan, I never had enough.

Then I got too much.

I have played smash roughly 5 times (twice were 2 day things with Kaelen in Vernon) since the tournament at Johns the second week of August.

2 years, every smash event, that's a lot. Take a break man. 4 months of NO events and you'll be back BETTER and WANTING more than ever.

Trust me Yakal <3

Edit: I also wanna smash you lots in the distant future (May)

:)

unityole

Smash Lord
The thing is: I DO BRING MY DISC! The melee community population in BC just surpasses the brawl community population... :(
its because people johns and they rather play brawl online and lazy to make their ways to any events. this is why melee is hardcore and a better game.

the population surpasses brawl, highly doubt it. just bunch of dedicated smashers travling for smash and that is all.

edit: i would do a smash 64 stats if theres only enough players and i would not be in it. i would literaly pay people to play that game so force them to get better, gg no re

edit2: no i will not do stats for brawl unless we got over 50 players

edit3: i will update stats shortly, hopefully it will be up by the end of this week, perhaps saturday night at the latest

Get@Will

Smash Champion
yo mang. sry forgot to say hi haha. did you know which one i was?? (the peach that you ***** :p).... hmmmm... you look kinda... different than your pics :laugh:

Yeah, managed to figure out who every one was lol. I'll remember to say hi next time, I never forget a good looking guy's name. Hopefully I bring my A game next time we play. Choking's never fun and I could see alot of my mistakes. Help me get better alot melee guys.

Igcoris

Smash Journeyman

Yeah, managed to figure out who every one was lol. I'll remember to say hi next time, I never forget a good looking guy's name. Hopefully I bring my A game next time we play. Choking's never fun and I could see alot of my mistakes. Help me get better alot melee guys.
Don't worry.. everyone chokes hardcore.

ikool

Smash Apprentice
its because people johns and they rather play brawl online and lazy to make their ways to any events. this is why melee is hardcore and a better game.

the population surpasses brawl, highly doubt it. just bunch of dedicated smashers travling for smash and that is all.

edit: i would do a smash 64 stats if theres only enough players and i would not be in it. i would literaly pay people to play that game so force them to get better, gg no re

edit2: no i will not do stats for brawl unless we got over 50 players

edit3: i will update stats shortly, hopefully it will be up by the end of this week, perhaps saturday night at the latest
I really doubt the online play thing. The online play for Brawl is just laggy goodness for many, many players worldwide.

As for Smash 64 stats, I'm defs down for that. I predict my 64 stats are gonna be much higher than my melee stats.

As for Brawl stats, we don't have any dedicated players that would show up. Just me n Jake.

As for Melee stats, PLEASE DON'T TELL ME THAT I'M ON THE BOTTOM! :(

Harrisburg

Smash Journeyman
haha good games today,

Will, you did in our first round... before i started up airing you like mad hahha.
but yeah Will's pretty good :]

and dnt worry Sion you'll get me next time.. so illl be avoiding you next time :)

Tony... gtfo :(

unityole

Smash Lord
no smash stats until Dec 17th

i will still be at SFU surrey every thursdays, stats will only happen unless we have over 6 players

xXx-NoobKing-xXx

Smash Hero
Keep posting it jack. Make sure you get ALL the threads, lol.

EDIT: GG's everyone.

Sion, close set. I love our falcon vs falco so much. If I could, I'd marry it! <3

Tiep: Get that peach outta hurrrr ;) and bring back the fox. At least for my falcon anyways XD

Ryan: we didn't play.

Tony: Ur falco's tite.

Will: I ***** you, and then you were taking matches like WTF. good ****. Keep practicing. It would be great to see more than one falcon main on the PR come next update ^__^

Matt: Use DK more.

Everyone else: GG's

Top Bottom