• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

BC Stats Smasfest @ SFU Surrey: TBA

unityole

Smash Lord
stop spaming threads with pictures? this place should be topic for smash.

and seriously the **** with female pictures?
those pictures just isnt right, have them compare to this, and tell me which is better.

Gamepro

Smash Apprentice
I only feel that it's beneficial when I'm playing against opponents who can blatantly tell me what I'm doing wrong. Most of the time, beginners won't be able to do that.

We sometimes just want to get some advice from more experienced players. Whether it be how to edgeguard, how to punish spot dodges, or just plain "get some tech skillz nub cakez", hearing those words coming from the mouth of a pro feels more sensible. Besides, how would we deal with those smarter, better players if we ourselves never played against one to at least get a grasp of what it's like?

After that, yeah, we can go back to playing against players our levels and practicing what the higher level players said. But if we never play against better players, we probably won't know what to improve on and keep playing at the levels that we're at now.

Just my 2 cents.
I agree. But it seems to me though that some of the skilled players don't really want to play the "non-skilled" players. I mean it's understandable, some people don't enjoy matches if there is no challenge, but it sort of stagnates the skill progress of these average players if they're playing the vast majority of their matches against other average players.

Igcoris

Smash Journeyman
I agree. But it seems to me though that some of the skilled players don't really want to play the "non-skilled" players. I mean it's understandable, some people don't enjoy matches if there is no challenge, but it sort of stagnates the skill progress of these average players if they're playing the vast majority of their matches against other average players.
I'm not sure about the others or if I'm even a skilled player, but I'd play against lower skill level players and not mind it much because I remember being in their shoes and I want to give them a helping hand at getting better at melee, though I won't say much about their errors (I find it annoying having people tell me what I'm doing wrong while I'm playing). If they didn't want to get better and saw melee as a fun game to just play, then I'd find it to be a waste of time.

Get@Will

Smash Champion
I'm not sure about the others or if I'm even a skilled player
I had to re-read that a few times to make sure I wasn't seeing things.

SionSpectre, the Slayer of Falcons, NOT A SKILLED PLAYER? I lol'd, then I came from remembering Sion getting off.

P.S. Teach me how to moonwalk next time T_T

Dynamism?

Smash Champion
I find I always accidently moonwalk...

Mainly because I'm trying to spam pivot sffl knees and it's a similar motion.

LOL

I'm gonna beat SionSpectre with Falcon next time we play. :)

Zero_P

Smash Ace
Good, After school.

So like be here oh **** wait I can't LOL

oh god I don't know man this whole week looks ***** up the butt

I has artona photos and stuff also have other things...kay just realized I am totally busy this entire week man haha Come over right now if you can <3

Igcoris

Smash Journeyman
Good, After school.

So like be here oh **** wait I can't LOL

oh god I don't know man this whole week looks ***** up the butt

I has artona photos and stuff also have other things...kay just realized I am totally busy this entire week man haha Come over right now if you can <3
man, u crazy. i forgot it's your grad year and stuff. i can't come over today because i have a prior commitment to attend to. next weekend for sure

Dynamism?

Smash Champion
Congrats on grad etc yakal

I hope you guys come to vacation in the Okanagan sometime. We're getting lots of good smash in every Saturday.

It's all people you don't know too. Fresh faces that ****. They're pretty much the Get@Will's up here (if will is good **** like I've heard). Well maybe Adam would know these guys from ancient times. LOL

Crispy is BACK baby yayuhhhh...

Dynamism?

Smash Champion
There be no hate here

There be 'mods? what's a mods?'

Followed with 'KNEE'

And then s'uper awesome team combos'

GGNORE

We're in BC, BC is the sex

This league is the sex.

Stats still up in May for me please!

Top Bottom