• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Because we all love rumors and fishy sources

Status
Not open for further replies.

BentoBox

Smash Master
This is taken from NSider 2...
-NyaseNya on the Smash Boards said Sonic would be revealed at the Nintendo Conference
- BlueWave on the Smash Boards then said Sonic would indeed be revealed at the conference, as well as on the DOJO that day. He also said Brawl would be playable at E for All. A few days later, both of those came true.

Later, BlueWave then said all of this stuff:

- He then said the starting roster is this: Mario, Bowser, Peach, Wario, Donkey Kong, Diddy Kong, Link, Zelda/Sheik, Kirby, Meta Knight, Pikachu, Pokemon Trainer, Samus, Fox, Pit, Yoshi, Ike, Ice Climbers, Lucas, Captain Falcon, and Animal Crosser.
- Said Captain Olimar is an unlockable
- Said the blurred out part of the Snapshots update is for a possible option to be able to vote on snapshots through the new voting channel Nintendo announced at their conference (I think they're referring to the demo channel, where you can also vote on demos, or maybe referring to the everybody votes channel)
- Jigglypuff and Marth return for Brawl as unlockables
- King Dedede is an unlockable in Brawl
- Mega Man is the third and final third party character in Brawl and will be unlockable. It is very possible that Mega Man will be revealed at the beginning of December, but it's possible he will be revealed earlier.
- Ridley is in the game, but in what form (Character, Boss, AT), he doesn't know.
- Lucario is in the game, but like Ridley, he doesn't know in what form he will be in Brawl.
- Break the Targets returns
- They are looking into a feature where you could trade trophies online, though they're not sure whether it will actually happen or not.
- The Paper Mario series will be represented in the from of an Assist Trophy, though which character from the series it will be is unknown.

For clarification, BlueWave did NOT predict that the Mario Circuit stage would be updated recently, that was someone on these forums.

He claims he has a source within Nintendo, but can't talk specifics. I don't know what to believe. He was right about a few things, and the rest seems likely.
Discuss! :O

Sariku

Smash Master
The Lucario part made me cry.

You never know with Rumors. Though the only one I think we got going right now is the Shiek/Ganondorf thingy...

Everyone, just take this with a grain of salt.

Big One

Smash Cadet
Actually, he didn't say "Animal Crosser" he said "Tom Nook."

Although I do mildly believe him, but I don't trust him completely. Trust Nya more than Bluewave.

Jumpluff

Smash Rookie
I hope they put a better pokemon in besides Lucario.

That will make me cry.

LavisFiend

Smash Lord
Guess the **** what?

Anyone can make this speculations...

In order for him to prove himself, tell us one whole week of updates that are RIGHT, and I will FINALLY believe him.

Till then, enough....

The Hypnotist

Smash Lord
None of the predictions are out there. Seriously... Duh Ridley will be in, he has his own music. Of course BtT will return. Jiggs returning! REALLY?!?!?!?? Come on, most of us predicted 90% of the stuff on this list.

ruffrydr017

Smash Apprentice
No Krystal confirmation makes me sad.

He changed Tom Nook to Animal Crosser later on, I remember that part.

maxpower1227

Smash Lord
I don't believe this, but there's nothing horribly unbelieveable per se about any of those predictions. I'm be extremely happy if the cast included everything mentioned in this post, plus what's already on the Dojo, and then G&W, Luigi, Mewtwo, Ganondorf, and Ness. That should make 33 if I didn't miscount.

enjoi06

Smash Rookie
Bluewave is a liar.. he claimed that Megaman would be updated on a wednesday a couple weeks back. We never heard from him again... this thread is pointless

*edit* i think bentobox should be smashed in the head for being a noob and making this thread.. anyone for it raise there hand.. *raises hand*

crush_T_asain

Smash Apprentice

I am Bender, please insert girder.
rofl that was classic but about these rumours people could put any of this stuff in they just want some reconition and glory everyone has there own speculation so these posts are pretty dumb everything will be debated untill the bitter end remember that sonic pic with zamus they wont end till dojo posts

KaosAssassin

Smash Apprentice
A lot is believable some stuff might be a little hard to believe (I'm just hoping Megaman is that last 3rd party character)

And for the better than Lucario pokemon, Infernape FTW (I don't think Infernape will be in the game but him and another monkey and we could have a monkey battle)

Loooooni

Smash Ace
Stuck in the 4th dungeon of twilight princess
Bluewave is a liar.. he claimed that Megaman would be updated on a wednesday a couple weeks back. We never heard from him again... this thread is pointless

*edit* i think bentobox should be smashed in the head for being a noob and making this thread.. anyone for it raise there hand.. *raises hand*
sweet so then thread closed??? I hope so

Maben

Smash Journeyman
Wasn't this EXACT POST posted like a week ago (without the quotes)? I'm almost positive someone posted this and I read the exact same thing.

Btw, the Bender reference literally made me laugh out loud. Great episode of an epic show.

Mrs. Saturn

Smash Cadet
No ness makes me very angry.

I hope to death that these rumors are false for the most part.

Mama

Smash Ace
Don't believe that guy. A lot of people can do the same things. Look at some of the more likely possibilities and then claim them to be true and hope you're right. Then say you have a source inside Nintendo. We see the same thing all the time when games get a lot of hype.

dtams

Smash Cadet
Tell him to ask his source if Ryu is in, or even better tell him to tell his source to put Ryu in the game and to make one of his taunts where he flicks his nose and says "I love Mac N' Cheese"! That's what I am talking about.

Big One

Smash Cadet
Uhh... No he didn't. You're twisting his words. All he said about Megaman is that he was going to be the last third party character and that he was going to be revealed something in November or December.

_X_

Smash Lord

I am Bender, please insert girder.
Oh Fiend, you crack me up.

Tell him to ask his source if Ryu is in, or even better tell him to tell his source to put Ryu in the game and to make one of his taunts where he flicks his nose and says "I love Mac N' Cheese"! That's what I am talking about.
AHAHAHA! This also amused me. Good point and well made... But for some strange reason I'm inclined to believe him... I have no idea why.

Procrasticritter

Smash Journeyman
the Internet is full of idiots making stupid attempts to get attention from other people. This is most likely another one of them.

short of somebody be able to accurately date and list every future weekday Dojo update from now until February, I wouldn't believe any "inside info" that some random person has, because you know its going to be a load of bull****.

Break

Smash Apprentice
Well, this "source" fails. Luigi wasn't even on that list of predicted characters in the first post. He didn't even mention Luigi and we all know he's going to be in this game one way or another. Thus, this prediction fellow utterly fails, at least in my book.

Shuma

Smash Hero
I don't believe him, read silver's post on the last page, too lazy to write that again.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I don't believe him, read silver's post on the last page, too lazy to write that again.
Exactly...Blue Wave is just a copy cat...

He also said Nook was going to be a starter

Where is that bit of information on the front?

Aryman

Smash Master
3DS FC
1934-0665-4529
A couple of things:

Bluewave's source was wrong about Tom Nook... it's actually Animal Crosser who will be in the game. This makes it harder for anyone to believe him I suppose, but it was a mistake on his source's part, not his.

He hasn't said anything about the complete roster. He's only told us about the starting roster and some of the unlockables. So if you don;t see a character on that list it's only because he hasn't heard about it from his source, that is all.

Break

Smash Apprentice
I have to admit, it is quite believable that someone at Nintendo is leaking information; I mean if you knew a bunch of secret information about Brawl wouldn't you tell someone? I know I would. However, I still find the fact that his sources haven't even mentioned Luigi is kind of ridiculous.

I guess only time can prove this fellow trustworthy though, eh? If his predictions with Megaman come true then I guess he will gain a bit more credibility, at least in my book.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
A couple of things:

Bluewave's source was wrong about Tom Nook... it's actually Animal Crosser who will be in the game. This makes it harder for anyone to believe him I suppose, but it was a mistake on his source's part, not his.

He hasn't said anything about the complete roster. He's only told us about the starting roster and some of the unlockables. So if you don;t see a character on that list it's only because he hasn't heard about it from his source, that is all.

Well, I'm not completely sure if BlueWave is correct right now...He did say Sonic would be updated...But Nya did say it first...

Nothing on this list looks too unrealistic...

Evil E.

Smash Ace
NNID
Elmoyounasty
Yea, I agree this is just speculation. I dont believe everything quoted, but umm...

MEGAMAN!!

:psycho:

Muffin_man

Smash Journeyman
Normally I'd give this the benefit of the doubt, but the fact that it implies Luigi isn't returning, even though Charles himself said he was, or that Ganondorf won't return despite being Big Nintendo Villain # 2 and Mr. G&W practically being confirmed. I'm calling bullcrap, unless BlueWave doesn't mean Jigglypuff and Marth are the only unlockables from Melee.

Then again, a tiny part of me is just severely ticked off that Ness wasn't mentioned. I prefer Lucas, but I want Ness to return. ;.;

Duality

Smash Journeyman
Uhh... No he didn't. You're twisting his words. All he said about Megaman is that he was going to be the last third party character and that he was going to be revealed something in November or December.
Lol wow that's a pretty big range to guess... We have like 10 more days of this month and 2 long months after that. Not accurate at all.

I don't believe him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom