• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Beginners Only Arenas

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gnight

Smash Journeyman
Every since 13.0.0 came out, I've noticed that the GSP cut-off threshold for access to Beginners Only arenas has been lowered! The bar used to be Elite Smash and now I float between having it accessible and inaccessible depending how well I'm doing in QuickPlay. This sucks for me because Beginners Only arenas are the only way I can play in arenas with strangers and have fun. On the plus side, it has gotten me to play characters I have with inflated GSP that doesn't reflect my skill level and just tank it.

Oracle Link

Smash Master
That blows just like the removal of Online taunts even deltarune made a joke about it:

i didnt found it damn!

Last edited:

Sucumbio

Smash Giant
Writing Team
Every since 13.0.0 came out, I've noticed that the GSP cut-off threshold for access to Beginners Only arenas has been lowered! The bar used to be Elite Smash and now I float between having it accessible and inaccessible depending how well I'm doing in QuickPlay. This sucks for me because Beginners Only arenas are the only way I can play in arenas with strangers and have fun. On the plus side, it has gotten me to play characters I have with inflated GSP that doesn't reflect my skill level and just tank it.
Interesting I'd heard mention of this but didn't test it out.

So before to get into Beginner Arena you had to use a character that was not in Elite smash yet? I'm confused...

Gnight

Smash Journeyman
Interesting I'd heard mention of this but didn't test it out.

So before to get into Beginner Arena you had to use a character that was not in Elite smash yet? I'm confused...
No, you can't be in Elite Smash at all for access to Beginner arenas prior to 13.0.0. As of right now I have access to them with my main at about 6.4 million GSP. I get locked out of them at over 7 million. I don't know exactly where the cut-off is or weather it's determined by the character with the highest GSP or my GSP average.

Sucumbio

Smash Giant
Writing Team
No, you can't be in Elite Smash at all for access to Beginner arenas prior to 13.0.0. As of right now I have access to them with my main at about 6.4 million GSP. I get locked out of them at over 7 million. I don't know exactly where the cut-off is or weather it's determined by the character with the highest GSP or my GSP average.
Ohhh I gotcha so basically yeah that means once your character is at 7mil you're "too good" for beginner arenas. I'm guessing it's based on individual character gsp.

According to Elite Gsp the threshold is around

9.698 mil to get into Elite so if it's cutting you off at 7 mil that's considerably lower though to be fair 7 mil is still pretty good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom