• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Beginning Mario

Phaiyte

Smash Ace
I'm picking up some intense interest in Mario because he's fun and I honestly believe him to be a really good character, but it's pretty different from the Ganon, Wolf, DK, Link, Fox/Falco that I'm so used to. Just to use as a reference to start off with, is there a general flow chart of actions a good Mario player would likely follow? Obviously I don't plan on following it too religiously to be able to adjust to tech directions and situations etc. Just simple information like anti airs, throw combos, stuff like that. The rest I'll be able to handle on my own once I get a sweet grasp of the basics.

PMS | LEVEL 100 MAGIKARP

Hologram Summer Again
Basically your first object is to get them off the stage, which is ridiculously easy even at low percents with dsmash, fsmash, bthrow, and fair. Then use mario's broken edgeguarding tools. Cape, fireballs, falling nair, bair, fair, and dair are all legit. Also, shffling uair is hilarious anytime.

Of course there's more to it than that, but if you can spam a c stick you basically have mario down.

MrM

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0087-2818-3212
for basics just start with dthrow to utilt & uair combos helps alot if u play with tap jump off
also work on being effective with ur fireballs to help you get in for grabs and combos

goodluck developing your Mario

Top Bottom