• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Bendigo Brawl at The Zone on 17th of May- Rules Added!

Status
Not open for further replies.

NoahMotion

Smash Rookie
A Bendigo Smasher? That I haven't met? Wow, make sure to seek out 'Tanman' at the tourny (Will be wearing Target uniform)

As for how many showing up, Me and 2 other Bendigo fellows, and approximate 6 - 12~ Melbournites. Other than that, whoever else turns up down there on the day.
haha yeah we woudn't have met this is gonna be me and my mates first tourney. So we'll see what happens.

I was intrested in how many people were going cause 6 hours seems like a long time, how long do tourneys usually go for anyway?

Jei Jei

Smash Champion
NNID
Jei_Soul
3DS FC
1564-4103-8935
So uh...I may have some bad news...the car I was going to drive down to Bendigo may not be available for Sunday...
I'll confirm that by Friday but if not, people will have to find their own way down.

Sorry :(

Tanman

Smash Journeyman
So uh...I may have some bad news...the car I was going to drive down to Bendigo may not be available for Sunday...
I'll confirm that by Friday but if not, people will have to find their own way down.

Sorry :(
Ooo, Nasty. Best become friend's with Ugly if that's the case.

Also, I can confirm SMASH AFTER THE TOURNY!

How? Well, after discussing with the guy running the tournament, he offered to let us use their TV's/bring our own, to the Zone, at the minimum cost of $5 per person for the venue. Not only that, but that swell guy capped the total at $100, so if we get enough people after the first comp joining, it might go down further, or alternatively, the spare cash goes towards prize pool. Or Steal a little bit for myself for organising this. ^-^

So, I definately need confirmation of people bringing Wii's/ Brawl. I'll be bringing one TV, and DS two, so technically we only need one more unless DS can find the other TV's in the shed...

Either way, I'll try and get some definates in terms of setup and costs for the after tourny, but since the place closes at 10, we'd only have 4 hours. That said, Singles only, but we'll have a TV set aside for Friendlies... Man, I dunno how you do this Organising thing Jei. It's crazy.

Siyro

Smash Journeyman
Haha, Tanman, your not doing it all on your own. It's just your better at talking then I am, I tend to stutter and lose track of what i'm saying sometimes...

Tanman

Smash Journeyman
SMASH ZONE
Bendigo’s Officially Unofficial Brawl Tournament
AKA 'The After Tourny'

Time/Venue:

Sunday, May 17th approximately 6:30pm – 10:00pm at the ‘Zone’ complex. In other words, after 'The Zone's Smash Bros. Brawl Tournament.

The Zone Family Entertainment Complex
Rohs Rd, East Bendigo, VIC 3550, Australia‎
Ph: (03) 5441 7046 ‎

Cost/Prize:

$5 Entry, Cash prizes will be awarded to 1st 2nd and maybe 3rd based on the amount received from entry fees.
1st Prize will be a minimum of $10 and 2nd, $5.

No refunds unless requested from Tanman/DrixonSypher BEFORE the start of the tournament!

Rules:

3 Stock

6 minute timer

1.0 Damage Ratio

Items are set to "off" and "none"

All characters available.

Refer to ‘stage list’ for list of stages.

All sets are best of 3 matches (With the exception of the Final, which is best of 5)

In the event of a dispute, controller ports will be selected by Rock-Paper-Scissors

No player may choose a stage they have already won on in that set unless agreed upon by both players.

If the timer runs out, the victor is determined first by stock and then by percentage.

Metaknight's Infinite Cape glitch is banned.

Ganondorf, Bowser’s, King Dedede and Kirby’s suicide kills on the final stock of both players counts as a win for the user of the move, unless a breakout is clearly evident.

You are responsible for your own controller and name tag. Any malfunctions or errors that occur are your responsibility, so bring an extra controller if possible and always check to make sure you're using the correct settings BEFORE a match is played. If a match is to be restarted due to controller functions, it must be agreed upon by both parties. Controller settings (Eg. Tap Jump off.) Must be requested to be set before the match. Any damage done to equipment at the Zone or provided for the tournament will incur a fine.

Any action that can prevent the game from continuing (i.e., freezing, disappearing characters, game reset, etc.) will result in a forfeit of that match for the player that initiated the action. You are responsible for knowing your own character, and must be wary about accidentally triggering one of these effects.

Stalling is banned*. Any actions outside of the game (Eg. Swearing, Physical contact) or that interrupt gameplay (Pausing) May result in penalties or Disqualification, depending on the offence.

Dedede cannot play on any stages with a (D) next to it (see stagelist below) unless agreed upon by both players.

If a player fails to make their presence known after being called, the next two players will be called for their match, and if that player has not contacted the Tournament organisers before the end of that set, they will be disqualified.

One Television will be dedicated to friendly matches. Please be courteous and try to rotate as much as possible, however, ‘Calling’ the next match is advised to ensure a place. Any Tournament based TV that is seen playing a friendly will result in either penalties, or an immediate disqualification from the tournament.

*Stalling: The act of deliberately avoiding any and all conflict so that one may make the game unplayable. Running away from an opponent to reach a better position is not stalling, while doing an infinite grab endlessly against a wall is. Any infinite chain grabs must end quickly after 200% has been reached so as to prevent excessive stalling.

Event organisers reserve the right to change any or all of the rules, as the Rules are subject to change on the day, depending on the numbers/time, etc. Current plan is for a ‘Double Elimination bracket’ but may need to be changed due to numbers. Tournament Organisers of Tanman, and DrixonSypher can be contacted for any disputes, questions or problems.

Set format (In Order of Procedure):

1. Opponents choose their characters for the first match *
2. Random ‘Starter’ Stage selected
3. The first game is played, using the stage chosen during step 2
4. Each player may announce one stage to be banned from the counterpicks after their first win.
5. The loser of the previous match announces the next match's stage from either the Starter Stage List or the Counter Stage List
6. The winner of the previous match chooses their character
7. The loser of the previous match chooses their character
8. Repeat steps 5-7 for all proceeding matches

*Double blind character selection may be called for the first match
Anyone who does not understand this process should consult a tournament organiser.

Stage Lists:

Starter:
Battlefield, Final Destination, Smashville, Yoshi's Island (Brawl)

Counter:
Castle Siege (D), Halberd, Lylat Cruise, Pokémon Stadium 1, Brinstar, Delfino, Frigate Orpheon, Jungle Japes, Pictochat, Pirate Ship, Pokémon Stadium 2, Rainbow Cruise , Luigi's Mansion, Corneria (D).

Banned:
Distant Planet(D), Green Greens(D), Port Town Aero Dive(D), Yoshi's Island Melee(D), Norfair , 75m(D), Big Blue, Bridge of Eldin(D), Flat Zone 2(D), Green Hill Zone(D), Hanenbow, Hyrule Temple(D), Mario Bros.(D), Mario Circuit(D), Mushroomy Kingdom I(D), Mushroomy, Kingdom II(D), New Pork City(D), Onett(D), Rumble Falls(D), Shadow Moses(D), Skyworld, Spear Pillar, The Summit, Wario Ware(D).

Contact Details:

Tanman (Ryan Tan)
Email/MSN: ryan_tan100@hotmail.com
Mobile: 0418184279

DrixonSypher/Siyro
Email/MSN: drixonsypher@hotmail.com
Mobile: 0447037081

Ant1

Smash Ace
I will lol if a little kid wins the DS just by spamming thunder, as happened to my brother at the connection tour.
Don't think being pro matters lawl, not when ur playing on a stage like spear pillar with cresselia homing death blades of doom!

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
I will lol if a little kid wins the DS just by spamming thunder, as happened to my brother at the connection tour.
Don't think being pro matters lawl, not when ur playing on a stage like spear pillar with cresselia homing death blades of doom!
ahh that pokemans makes me rage so hard!!!

tibs7

Smash Champion
yeah true i think some noob will come out on top to win the DS but we will pwn him afterwards if he stays for the real tournament =)

@accelerate: i was going to go him and spam ftilt and utilt, but i dont think im using him...

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
IDK about the real tournament... staying in Bendigo until about 10pm on a Sunday night is pushing it

I really don't want to arrive home on Monday monring

Tanman

Smash Journeyman
IDK about the real tournament... staying in Bendigo until about 10pm on a Sunday night is pushing it

I really don't want to arrive home on Monday monring
Put it this way Cao, in all likelihood, it'll be the people in this topic in the final/later stages of the tournament. That said; If you guys want/need to go home early, the 'Final' can always be held during friendlies time at Stigma B ^^;

tibs7

Smash Champion
yeah about this items thing, you said before you could twist the rules a bit if more people come or something yeah??? i think you should make it no items

LemonManX

Smash Lord
BEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEENDIGO!!!

That is that place I live in!! And its doing something Brawl related?! I knew about the Zone tournament, because I want that DSi!!! But I didn't know about the unofficially official tournament.

Well, I suppose I really have no excuse not to come, lol!!

Siyro

Smash Journeyman
BEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEENDIGO!!!

That is that place I live in!! And its doing something Brawl related?! I knew about the Zone tournament, because I want that DSi!!! But I didn't know about the unofficially official tournament.

Well, I suppose I really have no excuse not to come, lol!!
Yeah, you didn't know about it cause it didn't exist till last night, haha. Tanman and I have put this together for everyone.

LemonManX

Smash Lord
The main source of my shock is the fact that there are other Smashers here besides me. That's fantastic, and here I was drifting away from Smash only to be yanked back in.

So what time is the Zone tournament? I'm yet to call in and quote the word but I may just do so when I know the time. And if I don't, I reckon I'd come out for th real tournament.

Siyro

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, i've seen your name pop up a few times, there is at least three of us Tanman EdgeGames and myself (DrixonSypher) in Bendigo. It will be good to meet you.

The Zone Tournament starts at around 12, thats the one with the DSi prize.

LemonManX

Smash Lord
12pm? Oh man, I may not be able to make that, I'll check. But if I can't I might come along for the final rounds and stick around for the other tournament... Come Cao!! Its been a bajillion years since you've had the chance to beat me.

EDIT: We must talk more! But for now I'm going to work, message me via PM or something. We should definitely get in contact. Facebook me @ Kyran Morrison or Twitter me @ LemonManX is you have either!!

Siyro

Smash Journeyman
If your a little late it might not be such a big problem if enough people show up. Just talk to the Zone and see how you go.

EDIT: I only have MySpace and MSN. If you use MSN at all, my details can be found in the first post of this thread.

Tanman

Smash Journeyman
yeah about this items thing, you said before you could twist the rules a bit if more people come or something yeah??? i think you should make it no items
I'm pretty sure he's set on the Items thing - but Medium isn't SO bad. Smashballs will only appear once every 2-3 matches, and After about 20 or so games, we only got 2 hammers total (One being Tingle as an AT...). I think items go off after the first round of free for alls. The main thing we're hoping to fix is that the second round will NOT be 1.5 damage ratio. 0% Death from uncharged tipper Marth Fsmash from center of FD is lame.

tibs7

Smash Champion
omg yeah this tourny is made for scrubs
1.5 damage ratio.....what are they thinking

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
They are thinking scrubs? Whohoo I have a chance

Time to be gay with items

Ant1

Smash Ace
Items just mean u'll be able to own them even harder lol.
But seriously don't go in there thinking it's gonna be easy, unless u play sonic lol. Or zelda. Those two get the smash ball soooo easily. Also ness and lucas are good at getting it.

New idea, if u wanna win this play ness, pk storm (forget what its called) is extremely good, ness gets smash balls easy. Plus with 1.5x dmg, ur b-throw will k.o. at like 70-80%

Trust me with dmg multiplier like that ness reighns supreme. Jiggypuff rollout can kill extremely early but ness f-throw can k.o. characters like ike and link at 20%. As the dmg multiplier makes it rediculous.

Vermy

Smash Champion
And and and ivys usmash on 1.5 in ffa

Oooooh maaaah Gaaawwwwd

And zards throws.
And hydroplane.
Zomg pt **** is coming b*tches.

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
If it's a scrub tournament then u Melbourne players should all fit right in! lawl internet dramaz
lol good call.
seriously I played a melee tourney like this at animania once, I thought it would be gay cause someone would get lucky and pwn but I just stood in the middle of the map and beat down on everyone that came close (good old marth) I ended up coming tied 3rd due to a gay finals marth ditto match that was set to 1 minute.

so be someone with speed, reach and decent ko power and you should be fine.

C~Dog

Smash Champion
Im gonna go Kirby and camp at the edge of the stage then duck in to steal kills with fmash and bair =D

Jei Jei

Smash Champion
NNID
Jei_Soul
3DS FC
1564-4103-8935
Yeah I can't borrow the car, I won't be driving down for this...
Apologies targetted at Tibz and CAO, you will both have to find your own way there, I'm going with Vermy and Ugly.

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
I'll be catching the 9.35am V-Line service to Bendigo, see yall tomorrow.

Leisha

Top Tier Pillow
NNID
Miss-ChuChu
Goodluck everyone! Hope you all have a fun time and do well in the tourny ^_^.
I would love to come, but i have more important plans on the sunday =)

<333

tibs7

Smash Champion
what how?? it says like from southern cross to Bendigo $31......mmmmm you need to tell me more about this please cao please =)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom