• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Benefits of SHL

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Extra damage here and there and as an annoyance technique intended to get your opponent frustrated.

Kroy

Smash Apprentice
Where you'd least suspect. That's right you know.
You're joking right?

While the SHL doesn't stun for Fox like Falco, giving you a strong approach, it is still useful. It mindgames, and deals damage which is all you really need to know. Watch some vids of Ken or any other pro playing Fox, and you should see how to properly utilize the SHL.

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
You mean Falco. Not Falcon.

affinity_

Smash Rookie
well yeah ive been trying to pick up techniques from watching the pros, and i see them do that and i dont see the point of it. other than 3-5 dmg here and there.

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
It can frusterate your opponent into making mistakes..can put you in a good position..can be used as an approach or a way to make your opponent come to you..

Winston

Smash Master
Seattle, WA (slightly north of U-District)
It's not as easy to use well and not as spammable as falco's, as you have to make sure they can't smack you in the face, but it can force them to approach you (aka camping). Plus, it can actually be used extensively against bigger/slower characters (think DK).

Uncle Meat

Smash Champion
It's pretty easy to use. Like THE FOXIEST FOX IN FOXY-TOWN said, it's useful for turning around and camping. An extra 2 percent does add up, and 20 percent can easily be the difference between a kill and a... not kill.

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
I beat DarknessOfHearts peach with fox by running around and DSHLing and waveshining o.O lol. Also 3 stocked the second best DK in texas doing almost nothing but DSHL.

Wilhelmsan

Smash Lord
SHL is a teriffic tool to use against characters like Marth, Mario, Luigi, Doc, Peach....etc etc etc.

Pretty much anyone except Falco, and even then a few laser blasts will help rack the damage up.

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
Basically it can really just bug the hell out of your opponent. Stay here and get shot at or go over there and get upsmashed.... ****it

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
I almost always start a match against anyone but falco and falcon by DSHL and Triple lasering until they get to me.

Wilhelmsan

Smash Lord
Exactly; just deal as much damage as you can so one combo or so is all it takes to get your opponent out of that dreaded Low% that isn't conducive to KO combos.

uglywombat2004

Smash Lord
Of course when playing Hylian you need only to spam lasers as Falco to win.
Or choose Sheik, he can't beat Sheik...especially on battlefield.

Also, don't double laser in battle unless you can do it flawlessly, because otherwise, you might mess up and give them the opportunity.

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
You know I can DSHL flawlessly Nick :) And yeah I SUCK vs falco lol. I actually love shiek but hate battlefeild :(.

I was playing Pnuema and did like 657 lasers in 4 minutes O.O.

uglywombat2004

Smash Lord
lolZ, is that really an accomplishment against Pnuema?

Last time I remember I owned him.
Also dude, Falco like, gets owned by Fox.

Uh, to the topic I say...I cannot DSHL Flawlessly, I will every once in awhile Triple laser.

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Falco does not at all get owned by fox..what are you talking about...On FD fox can do well but any other stage Falco > Fox.

And I didn't say it was an accomplishment we just laughed our ***** off when we saw how many lasers I shot.

Ipwn

Smash Apprentice
If you cant predict enemy movement, and you cant put enemies into agood
position and make profit of it.. then it is useles.. if you can.. it is very helpfull

Drakonus

Smash Cadet
WOW, I'm surprised none have mentioned that it can seriously punish people who like to DI extensively away from your up-airs.........if you see them DI out of range......just jump up near them and blast them all the way back to the ground.....guaranteed 10-20% dmg there.....in addition to the "annoyance factor"

Top Bottom