• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Best Buy Demo Discussion - What do you think of Greninja in Smash 4?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hitzel

Smash Ace
I swear, I saw Greninja's Substitute leave behind a crate instead of a doll/log. It's possible that the crate happened to spawn on top of the doll as it happened, but it really did look like it. I can't find the video, sorry =/ Hopefully someone else saw it and can link it here.

young grasshopper

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4227-3446-5848
I swear, I saw Greninja's Substitute leave behind a crate instead of a doll/log. It's possible that the crate happened to spawn on top of the doll as it happened, but it really did look like it. I can't find the video, sorry =/ Hopefully someone else saw it and can link it here.
kind of like how DDD's sideB can throw capsules

Hitzel

Smash Ace
you can call it what you want, I personally am calling it bounce
Heresy.

Someone give this man the "two boots."

*Edit*

I dooo want to say that I think you should be able to spot-dodge a footdive and punish the recovery frames that happen when Greninja doesn't make contact with a player, probably with a grab and hopefully a follow-up combo.

Regardless, FOOTDIVE! will probably still be catching good players who don't deserve to get hit for years to come.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I doom want to say that I think you should be able to spot-dodge a footdive and punish the recovery frames that happen when Greninja doesn't make contact with a player, probably with a grab and hopefully a follow-up combo.
Fixed :4pacman:

young grasshopper

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4227-3446-5848
Heresy.

Someone give this man the "two boots."

*Edit*

I dooo want to say that I think you should be able to spot-dodge a footdive and punish the recovery frames that happen when Greninja doesn't make contact with a player, probably with a grab and hopefully a follow-up combo.

Regardless, FOOTDIVE! Will probably still be catching good players who don't deserve to get hit for years to come.

I meant no offense, but sadly people can't here my neutral tone of voice over the internet

Last edited:

Sunnysunny

Blue-nubis
Premium
Anyway, I have some Matchup insight! I played against a Little Mac, and my goodness... Let's just say the advantage was super clear. Greninja beats him in range even on the ground for some moves, and if you can get Little Mac into the air... He's just done. Water Shuriken turned out to be a great spacing tool, since it was a bit big to try and dodge it (although I'm sure it's certainly possible), so I was able to make Mac jump over it a lot, thus forcing him into the air and letting me punish him hard. And, even better, in the few times where Mac managed to roll past the Shuriken, Greninja didn't have much lag, so it was still easy to punish him while he rolled. Still, spot dodging might be a different story, but I didn't see it happen.
The point is: Greninja beats Mac by a long shot just as we predicted, or so it seems.
Mac's side-b ignores projectiles, so no, sadly we don't force him into the air with shurikens alone. I almost guaranty with his speed, armored charge punch and projectile ignoring side-b, projectiles won't be a big deal for him nor force him to approach from the air. He'll most likely handle projectiles the same way other high speed ground characters do with just run up perfect shields, or in the case of charged shuriken, his side-b. Mac's ground game will more then likely still be dominate.

Our b-air I hear is amazing for edgegaurd's though. I still want to reframe from calling match ups out before the games here yet, but I hear if Mac stays the way he is, he's incredibly vulnerable to platform camping and gimping.

Last edited:

Amical

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Amical
3DS FC
1306-6214-4139
Mac's side-b ignores projectiles, so no, sadly we don't force him into the air with shurikens alone. I almost guaranty with his speed, armored charge punch and projectile ignoring side-b, projectiles won't be a big deal for him nor force him to approach from the air. He'll most likely handle projectiles the same way other high speed ground characters do with just run up perfect shields, or in the case of charged shuriken, his side-b. Mac's ground game will more then likely still be dominate.

Our b-air I hear is amazing for edgegaurd's though. I still want to reframe from calling match ups out before the games here yet, but I hear if Mac stays the way he is, he's incredibly vulnerable to platform camping and gimping.
Ohh, that's right. The person I played against just didn't use his side-b at all, so I completely forgot. Still, even if Mac messes up just once, it'll be easy to get him into the air.

And I still don't understand the new ledge mechanics. Isn't ledge hogging impossible now, or am I mistaken? I thought Sakurai said that you can "trump another player's ledge grab" or something like that now.

Sunnysunny

Blue-nubis
Premium
Ohh, that's right. The person I played against just didn't use his side-b at all, so I completely forgot. Still, even if Mac messes up just once, it'll be easy to get him into the air.

And I still don't understand the new ledge mechanics. Isn't ledge hogging impossible now, or am I mistaken? I thought Sakurai said that you can "trump another player's ledge grab" or something like that now.
Mm. Yea. Basically if you run out of invulnerable frames, anyone can take your place on the ledge, and the longer you spend off the stage the less invulnerable frames you'll have while on the ledge. Pretty neat, mechanic, but it mostly hurts plankers instead of edgehogs. it's still very possible to edgehog people so long as your invulnerable frames don't run out.

Not that I think we really will need to that much. HA! His recovery really is SOOO bad. Merely going after him with b-air will more then likely be enough to put the final nail in his coffin~

KingsHaki

Smash Cadet
NNID
OPKingshaki
3DS FC
3411-1957-0386
Man, I love the effort, but it's just too blurry to really understand all that's going on. FFA is hard enough to pay attention to without the blur.
Yeah lol sorry all I had was the wife's iPhone to record.

SphericalCrusher

Hardcore Gamer
NNID
SphericalCrusher
3DS FC
1118-0223-8931
I played Greninja at Smash Fest but I had a really hard time getting used to him. The controls for him were very awkward, so I did pretty bad with him. I did a lot better with Lil Mac and Mega Man. ;)

Shaymin slicker

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Shadowshaymin
3DS FC
1547-5202-1903
I don't really know how to explain since I had a Wii pro controller and I couldn't control anyone well with it,but I can say that I loved his down air (Even though I never got anyone with it, but hey it pogo's). I found Water Shuriken to be a good a good neutral special. It's fairy big and knocks opponents away to a fair distance. Shadow Sneak is kinda ehhh. It's too predictable (at least the way I saw it). Anything other than that I never really got to see sadly. I really wanted to see how much his smashes attacks do.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom