• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Best character for being agressive?

CR4SH

Smash Lord
I was wondering what character you guys think would be the best with a very aggressive play style?

Every game I play, I do so very downhill. I learned videogames with Sonic 1-3 and TFC as a scout (die 10 times, steal one flag and you break even). I understand that brawl is very campy and defense wins most of the time, but my experience is that this holds with almost all games and (sun tzu will tell you) almost all competitions. This just isn't my style.

Ive been playing smash since melee came out. I have played primarily with luigi but never competitively. In melee I usually just played against the computer, got to the point where i could take out a full team of 9's even though I never learned to use the block button. In brawl I play more people and much more competitively, I picked up defense, but as in all things I attack nearly all the time.

So which character should I go with? I want to be able to pressure and intimidate. Any and all help is appreciated! thanks!

Austin55

Smash Journeyman
Go with Meta Knight. I think he is pretty much the most offensive character in the game. If you don't like MK, I suggest a Fire Emblem character or Mr. Game and Watch.

Jazriel

Smash Ace
Mr. Old School, his bucket shuts down almost every campy character, and he's a top tier character. You still have to play smart, but he brings on the heat in most situations.

coldtrain

Smash Rookie
marth because your air sword attacks hit anything around you in a 3 yard semicircle radius.

25%Cotton

Smash Ace
NNID
Samu.S
3DS FC
4785-5442-4678
jiggs. great hitboxes and priority. really devastating offensively, but you have to be all over the place at the same time, making your opponents attack in all the wrong directions.

it's a pretty ultimate feeling, owning someone with an aggressive jigglypuff.

MojoMan

Smash Ace
This may sound a little biased, but i think ike is rather aggresive. His up b is almost un edgehoggable, every one of his moves is completely offensive, all of them doing massively high damage, and he has an excellent reach (I just used it today to beat my friends Pit with a nicely timed up smash)

Chris Lionheart

Smash Champion
Marth because he can be played in almost every possible way. He can control the entire battles tempo (especially if you can use him aggressively and defensively.)

Metaknight because a half decent Metaknight is as broken as my X-Box 360. :ohwell:
I hate Microsoft...

Gay Men Watch for the same reasons as Metaknight.

ZSS could be pretty agressive as well if your good at combo'ing.

I suppose Ike can be pretty aggressive as well as every move in his arsenal doubles as an attack. That is ofc with the exception of his shield (if you don't count shield grabbing), rolling, spotdodging, and airdodging.

orintemple

Smash Lord
Clearly Dedede, Rob, Olimar, and Snake are the most agressive characters. No doubt.

Fo realz, I find Fox to be aggressive. Although I have to play certain characters aggresively, otherwise it gets really boring for me.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Clearly Dedede, Rob, Olimar, and Snake are the most agressive characters. No doubt.

Fo realz, I find Fox to be aggressive. Although I have to play certain characters aggresively, otherwise it gets really boring for me.
I disagree about Dedede. He's much better as a defensive player. Play against a good Marth/Wolf to know what I'm talking about.

Zodiac

Smash Master
I personally perfer sheik for being aggresive, but then again, im just a very aggresive player.

SummerObsession

Smash Apprentice
Using Marth out right aggressive isn't the best approach. I use him best when I'm mostly defensive by watching out for there mistakes and punishing them for them and throwing in a mix of aggresive F-air or dancing blades. Being outright aggressive with Marth is easily punished cuz you can get your F-air perfectly shielded and then smashed. And most his attacks if whiffed are easily punished so Marth needs to focus on good spacing and not outright spamming F-airs. In other words It's REALLY easy to beat an over aggressive Marths. But a well balance Marth, thats when he starts giving out the hurt.

Dedede, Olimar, and Snake also aren't too good being outrigth aggresive. DDD has range in his tilts to keep the enemy away and waddle dees to dish out some damage. Olimar plays defensively with his great range and pikiman throw. Snake has great map control with mines, but dosent jump into the fray to do damage like MK would do. He has to play smart to get the most out of his insane moves.

Use MK, Wario, and Game and Watch if you want to play aggresive.

Rapid_Assassin

Smash Master
Olimar can do both aggressive and defensive play, and the matchup and opponent's style determines which is more suitable. If you want to play him aggressively make sure you space really well, and it'll be harder for your opponent to punish your approaches.

Many other good choices were listed in this topic. The important part about aggressive anything is to space well, and learn what safe options you have for approaches.

Red Leader

Smash Rookie
I'd cast my vote for Sonic, just because that while his moves are lacking in the offencive power most aggressive players need, nobody in the game can move left, right, up OR down as quickly as he can. Speed, speed, speed!

Stroupes

Smash Lord
If you want fast aggression, definately either Meta Knight, or Pit.
If you want power/damage aggression, go with Ike.

Top Bottom