• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Best character on each stage?

Valdens

Smash Ace
GnW gets a bigger advantage from Rainbow Cruise than MK does. Nair abuse through the platforms, constant stage movement makes it difficult for opponents to deal with bair, kills ridiculously early off the ceilings with his smashes, great recovery makes it incredibly difficult for him to get gimped, several spots where he can wall infinite with dtilt, etc.

GnW also benefits more from Corneria than DDD. He kills INSANELY early off the top, can wall infinite with dtilt, and can get a bucket that kills in one hit from the two types of lasers on the ship. He is also very good at camping on the bottom area with naur.

PIE_LIFE

Smash Rookie
Yoshi's Island- considered by some to be Wolf's best stage. Wolf flash follows the lay of the stage making it an easy hit. Overall great stage for Wolf and he pretty much ***** on it.

zeldspazz

Smash Master
Pit on Hyrule

He can just camp and arrow spam, plus glide around the whole map.
If your talking arrow spam and camping, bridge of eldin would be better for pit.

As for the gliding, new port city is better than hyrule for the IMO

YagamiLight

Smash Champion
There seems to be a few questions as to why Ike DOES **** on Pirate Ship. I'll go over these with a brief checklist.

- Due to the water, Ike is totally ungimpable, which is one of his main two weaknesses.

- The layout of the ship allows him to efficiently approach a camping enemy and the small size of it ensures that he'll be able to keep his optimum Fair range at most times.

- The platforms are great for Ike, both on offense and on defense, he can launch attacks FROM the platforms and attack those ON them, via Up Air or Aether.

- When the stage turns floaty, this allows Ike to do numerous aerials in one jump, quite dangerous indeed.

- Ike is the king of the water. With Tap Jump on, Aether can be done from INSIDE the water, grab them, pull them downward and the spike of Aether lasts just long enough for Ike to position a guaranteed Down Aerial. If you get hit, you probably.

- Ike has several wall infinites on areas where walls do form, self explanatory.

- Aether slides when hitting sloped area (Giving a nifty escape option), a feature which happens quite a bit on Pirate Ship.

- The cannonballs can be countered for increased damage to the opponent. Not too big but only Marth/Ike can do this effectively anyways.

- Quick Draw allows Ike to live longer by negating some momentum, so Ike lives a few percentage points more here horizontally and vertically it's a large stage and Ike is like the 5th heaviest vertical character anyways.

Good enough?

Frown

poekmon
There seems to be a few questions as to why Ike DOES **** on Pirate Ship. I'll go over these with a brief checklist.

- Due to the water, Ike is totally ungimpable, which is one of his main two weaknesses.

- The layout of the ship allows him to efficiently approach a camping enemy and the small size of it ensures that he'll be able to keep his optimum Fair range at most times.

- When the stage turns floaty, this allows Ike to do numerous aerials in one jump, quite dangerous indeed.

- Ike has several wall infinites on areas where walls do form, self explanatory.

Good enough?
Well, I don't think you should mention stuff that's an advantage to all characters. All characters are hard to gimp in water, all characters are more resistant to projectile spammers on small stages, all charaters can do multiple attacks in the air and most characters can probably tilt lock with that wall on the ship after it hits the rock.

Kirk

Smash Champion
Basically what Yagami said.

Aether drag --> Dair spike is guaranteed if you do it right in the water.

You don't need Tap Jump on to Aether directly out of the water...you can still just jump and aether right away.

Ike can **** up people on the small boat when it floats in on the right. His sword can reach through it at certain points...and since its very near to the blast zone, it can be quite bad for your opponents. Fthrow/Bthrow while on it is also quite fantastic.

I don't agree that the floaty part is necessarily good for Ike, as if you're spamming aerials...you can leave yourself quite open. But that part of the stage doesn't last long anyway...no big deal.

And what Yagami said...he beat me to it. :p

EDIT:

Well, I don't think you should mention stuff that's an advantage to all characters. All characters are hard to gimp in water, all characters are more resistant to projectile spammers on small stages, all charaters can do multiple attacks in the air and most characters can probably tilt lock with that wall on the ship after it hits the rock.
With the hard to gimp part, he means that since Ike's BIGGEST weakness is his recovery, it is worth mentioning because Pirate Ship basically eliminates this weakness.

Agreed with the projectile resistance.

Already put in my 2 cents on the floaty air part...

Ike has not tilt lock...but rather a throw infinite on certain characters as well as some jab tricksies. Regardless not every character has a 'lock' against a wall.

Face124

Smash Ace
Edinburgh. Pm for a Brawl and I'll get back to you
Maybe all are hard to gimp in the water, but lets take pit and ike for example. Pits hard to gimp anyway, so the fact that there is water is of prett much no use to him, whereas Ike, a character that has problems with gimping benefits. yes maybe they all are more resistant, but ike has more trouble with them than some other characters. Yes maybe they can, but the fact was that Ike has slow laggy aerials, so it is of more benefit to him. But not all characters can.

TP

Smash Master
Ike can **** up people on the small boat when it floats in on the right. His sword can reach through it at certain points...and since its very near to the blast zone, it can be quite bad for your opponents. Fthrow/Bthrow while on it is also quite fantastic.
I think most characters can throw.

How often are both people in the water? The aether spike sounds cool, but does it actually happen? The ganoncide happens about once a match, since people think they are safe when they aren't. Ganon's recovery is more gimpable than Ike's, and he has a harder time dealing with campiness. Ganon loves platforms for his Uair, which is an outstanding move.

I still think Ganon gains the most.

Samuelson

Smash Lord
Updated, still unsolved are:

Pirate ship - Ganondorf/Ike (someone with good reasons for ike plz)
Battlefield - Snake/Marth (Snake info plz)
Corneria - GaW/d3
Jungle Japes - Falco/Peach
Peach sucks on Japes. Almost all the peach players i fight ban that stage. DDD isn't even that good for DDD. Your opponent would have to be a ****** to get walled on that stage. Snake is really good on BF because he controls the stage like a mofo. Ike is good on pirate ship because the stage makes his recovery better and if you get spiked in the water you most likely aren't coming back.

Kirk

Smash Champion
I think most characters can throw.
I lol'd.
How often are both people in the water? The aether spike sounds cool, but does it actually happen? The ganoncide happens about once a match, since people think they are safe when they aren't. Ganon's recovery is more gimpable than Ike's, and he has a harder time dealing with campiness. Ganon loves platforms for his Uair, which is an outstanding move.

I still think Ganon gains the most.
Both characters don't have to be in the water...they just have to be near or above it. Aether will drag them down into the water...and since Ike plummets down into the water before his opponent gets there, he will ALWAYS be able to act first...i.e. free Dair spike.

I'm not as knowledgable on the gimpability of Ganon's recovery, but I'm pretty sure that their weights/floatiness are similar..if not Ganon being slightly more floaty. Ike's aerial mobility is quite poor...and he can't even sweetspot the ledge.

zacharia zako

Smash Journeyman
why is D3 good in mushroomy kingdom??? he's way too slow to keep up wit hthe sidescroll and if he gets knocked back far enough he's done since his jumps are slow

Face124

Smash Ace
why is D3 good in mushroomy kingdom??? he's way too slow to keep up with the sidescroll and if he gets knocked back far enough he's done since his jumps are slow
Because of the walk of sides, I'm assuming. I didn't choose him for that, but I couldn't think of a better person so he was put there temporarily, if you have a better suggestion and reasons please do share.

cj.Shark

Smash Ace
pit for norfair
because he can ledgecamp and u-air any part of the map. as well as its a open map for arrows. also Pits recovery is almost ungimpable on that map due to the ledges all over

Nidtendofreak

Smash Hero
NNID
TheNiddo
3DS FC
3668-7651-8940
Frigate Orpheon - Ike/Ganondorf
Actually, this stage isn't nearly as bad for Ike as some see to think. The design of the stage itself is fine for Ike: lower areas to avoid projectiles, platforms, etc. The edgeless ledge is both a blessing and a curse. Everyone knows the curse, but on the flip side, it makes Dtilt spiking a whole lot easier. As well, Bthrow off of the ledge = a very good chance for Ike to Fsmash the opponent as he tries to get back onto the stage.

Jungle Japes and Skyworld on the other hand, suck for him. He's basically helpless against those with good projectiles here, and the water really screws over his recovery. As for Skyworld: He breaks the platforms as he recovers with Aether, and is the most likely to do so. -_-

Airgemini

Chansey
Safari Zone. Shiny, and holding a Lucky Egg.
3DS FC
2406-5625-4787
Peach sucks on Japes.
That's pretty odd seeing as how Jungle Japes is considered her best stage overall :/.

Almost all the peach players i fight ban that stage.
Well maybe you should enlighten your friends:
Peach should definately be under Jungle Japes, it's her best stage. The stage itself is fairly big and allows Peach to live at noticably higher percents than she would on any other stage. Also, she cant be spiked due to the water. Being spiked on other stages that actually have blast zones at the bottom can mean a lot of trouble for Peach due to her mediocre Up B and almost non existent vertical double jump. In addition, whenever Peach touches the water it automatically restores her Float. Peach mainers can take advantage of this because you can instant float directly above and in the water and still be able to attack your opponents should they land in the water with you http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?p=5329856#post5329856.

In conclusion, I believe that Peach gets the best benefit on this stage than any other character for all of the reasons listed above.

Laem

Smash Champion
Actually, this stage isn't nearly as bad for Ike as some see to think. The design of the stage itself is fine for Ike: lower areas to avoid projectiles, platforms, etc. The edgeless ledge is both a blessing and a curse. Everyone knows the curse, but on the flip side, it makes Dtilt spiking a whole lot easier. As well, Bthrow off of the ledge = a very good chance for Ike to Fsmash the opponent as he tries to get back onto the stage.

Jungle Japes and Skyworld on the other hand, suck for him. He's basically helpless against those with good projectiles here, and the water really screws over his recovery. As for Skyworld: He breaks the platforms as he recovers with Aether, and is the most likely to do so. -_-
EVERYTHING except the platform-breaking on skyworld also goes for ganondorf im afraid, so unless some1 comes up with new stuff its still undecided.

Also, i reckon D3 has the biggest advantage on castle siege due to the 2nd walk-off stage. Finally, diddy is the worst on rainbow cruise, worse than link. you see, links recovery is bad in any map(except for watery ones perhaps). although this is not good at all during rainbow cruise, diddy's hugest, greatest, most important, DO U HAVE TO TRIP ALL THE TIME gameplay element, bananas, are rather useless as there will be lots of travelling to new platforms. If thats not enough, diddys recovery CAN be a pain in the arse for vertical recovery. he also launches himself(upB) through the blue 'pendulum' :urg:

Frown

poekmon
EVERYTHING except the platform-breaking on skyworld also goes for ganondorf im afraid, so unless some1 comes up with new stuff its still undecided.

Also, i reckon D3 has the biggest advantage on castle siege due to the 2nd walk-off stage. Finally, diddy is the worst on rainbow cruise, worse than link. you see, links recovery is bad in any map(except for watery ones perhaps). although this is not good at all during rainbow cruise, diddy's hugest, greatest, most important, DO U HAVE TO TRIP ALL THE TIME gameplay element, bananas, are rather useless as there will be lots of travelling to new platforms. If thats not enough, diddys recovery CAN be a pain in the arse for vertical recovery. he also launches himself(upB) through the blue 'pendulum' :urg:
But Diddy has one hell of a long upB, and Link hasn't. One little push after his second jump and Link is done for.

Kitamerby

Smash Hero
Pit is the best on New Pork. Arrows allow him to strike from anywhere, and once he gets a single % up, he can glide around between the top two corners and you'll never catch him. A reflector of his own means that you can't use PK Thunder or some controllable projectile to counter-camp. The worst Pit can do on New Pork is tie with a Spacie who holds down and B.

Silver13

Smash Cadet
Pit is the best on New Pork. Arrows allow him to strike from anywhere, and once he gets a single % up, he can glide around between the top two corners and you'll never catch him. A reflector of his own means that you can't use PK Thunder or some controllable projectile to counter-camp. The worst Pit can do on New Pork is tie with a Spacie who holds down and B.
I lol'ed. Pit can be a very cheap character on Large maps.

Samuelson

Smash Lord
Why would he ban her best stage?

I take back what i said about her sucking on that stage but Peach players ALWAYS ban that stage against me. That is why i said she sucks there. I'm sure you understand why i would assume that.

Airgemini

Chansey
Safari Zone. Shiny, and holding a Lucky Egg.
3DS FC
2406-5625-4787
I believe he bans the stage because he hates the water feature, and believes that most of the KOs on the stage come from the water itself. Im not sure if thats his reason but I think I'vve seen him post it somewhere.

I'm sure you understand why i would assume that.
Oh I wasnt trying to come off mean, just trying to enlighten people, nothing personal ^.^

Remzi

formerly VaBengal
NNID
Remziz4
3DS FC
0302-1081-8167
Firstly, Snake gets juggle ****ed on BF so badly. Besides that, Marth's platform control is far superior to Snakes. When Snake is below someone on a platform, his only options are utilt and nair (not very safe). You can be dammn sure he's going to utilt and as broken as that move is, it gets predictable and easy to avoid. Marth has the ability to mix it up far more in a similar scenario. He can usmash, utilt, nair, ftilt, fair, or bair. All of which can be done safely on most characters. Besides that, DS is greatly helped by the location of the middle platform. And the platforms in general help him mix-up his landing after a whiffed DS.
If nobody disagrees I think you can put Marth down for BF.

kong_korps

Smash Apprentice
duuuuude dk on mansion ***** SO MUCH, all u do is hide behind those poles so the person approches you>shield grab up throw>down b>???>profit

he should be tied with mk

TRUST ME

deepseadiva

Bodybuilding Magical Girl
3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
You play Lucario, no?

He'd prolly ban it due to the Luc - Peach matchup. Seeing in that particular instance, Lucario would have more of a stage advantage.

Face124

Smash Ace
Easily coolest List I've seen on here yet, how accurate is it though and what's it based on?
If someone posts a suggestion for an empty space, I put it in. Then if someone presents an argument for that, either it will be judged by the amount of people who agree with whichever one, or by my judgement based on who has the biggest advantages. If I'm not totally sure, I'll put two characters there and wait for further debate.

BBoyindo

Smash Ace
I think Marth deserves the Warioware spot as well. The main platform is pretty basic with multiple platforms like Battlefield and Lylat Cruise, which is good for him. Also, Marth is quite fast compared to the rest of the cast, and many of the minigames require you to be fast. He can also counter things in certain minigames.
I'm not sure he is the absolute best on this stage, but now i come to think of it the stage is quite good for him.

deepseadiva

Bodybuilding Magical Girl
3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
Wait, no. Peach is best on Wario Ware.

While the standard stage itself is average for her, the minigames are completly owned by the float.

Anything requiring jumping, avoiding, hitting things in odd places - the float does it all.

Tamoo

Smash Master
duuuuude dk on mansion ***** SO MUCH, all u do is hide behind those poles so the person approches you>shield grab up throw>down b>???>profit

he should be tied with mk

TRUST ME
TRUST ME
if u put an olimar and a DK on that stage, all you would see is olimar **** because it gives olimar more of an advantage than it does to DK.
I think that, though MK does best on this stage, Olimar gets the most benefit from this stage.
Same argument for Norfair. Though he may not be the best on that stage, Im pretty sure he gets more benefit than pit does. All it does for pit is accentuate his relatively mediocre arial game, whilst for olimar, it eradicates his one and only true weakness, inability to recover.
Thus, I believe that olimar gets the most benefit from these stages. Im not saying hes the best on these stages, just the most benefited.

BBoyindo

Smash Ace
Wait, no. Peach is best on Wario Ware.

While the standard stage itself is average for her, the minigames are completly owned by the float.

Anything requiring jumping, avoiding, hitting things in odd places - the float does it all.
Okay, i didn't know that. But still, since roughly half of the time is spent on the main stage where Marth does good and peach does average, and half of the time is spent on the minigame stages where Marth does good and peach does...better. I still think Marth has the advantage overall.

Top Bottom