• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Best Character(s) In Teams

PB&J

Smash Hero
I don't know if there is a thread like this already but i just wanted to know which character is the best team character?and what characters are the best teams?

I was just curious

QTP

The "Sonic" of Diddy Kong
i've always like the marth/sheik team. they seem to work very well together. as long as marth doesn't Fsmash tip of the blade to Sheik..... your good.

:)

-QTP

Smash Master
Fox/Puff is IMO the best team. Fox destroys the floaties and Jiggs destroys the fastfallers. Jiggs can save Fox at a trajectory which prevents edgeguards, and both can do pretty sadistic things if the other one gets a grab. Jiggs patrols the sky, while Fox patrols the ground.

Dogysamich

The Designated Hype Man!
BRoomer
i'll go ahead and answer the question you're probably lookin for.
:p

ICs are generally accepted as bad in teams (i know you probably know this).

What everybody has said so far are pretty much the generally standards

Fox (KO)
Peach (Tank)
Jiggs (Support/KO)
Sheik (KO)

i wouldnt agree with CapFal so much, but then again how many CapFals do we have down here to gauge?

__
But i'm surprised nobody has mentioned marth; who is great for his grab game + tippers.

Sure he's not the BEST choice (or better than any of these other choices) But his grab game ****in ***** with... oh say a jiggs?

And then his edgeguarding. >.>

JOLT143

Smash Apprentice
how can you forget samus? she can help anybody recover with her bombs, her charge shot destroys anything, and missiles. Missiles missles missles. She is overlooked pretty often when it comes to both singles and doubles. sure she has no grab game but name another weakness, I dare you.

vegaspoker

Smash Journeyman
how can you forget samus? she can help anybody recover with her bombs, her charge shot destroys anything, and missiles. Missiles missles missles. She is overlooked pretty often when it comes to both singles and doubles. sure she has no grab game but name another weakness, I dare you.
I must admit, when my friend plays Samus alongside my Falco we can fair pretty well against my other friends usual combo of Marth/Roy.

Falco/Fox for tough "in ya face" attacks, and Samus can spam projectiles and edgeguard a side maybe.

Smash Master
Samus equals projectiles. Projectiles are underpowered in teams.

XIF

Smash Master
ZOMG Duluth, GA mostly... sometimes Weston, FL
peach is the one that improves the most when in teams.

But the best teams partner is probably fox, and not just because he's the best in singles, but he's just really good in teams as well.

Any combination of Fox, Peach, and Marth are the best teams.

Most of the tournament viable characters are just as good in teams though, its just that those are the best.

Probably the best best is Fox Peach... but well, I dont think its as clear cut as in singles. In all honesty, teamwork makes a far larger difference in the match then the inherent advantages of the 2 characters together.

YL is the worst.

nana's the best.

vegaspoker

Smash Journeyman
I suppose it all counts on the players behind the characters ;)

But yeh your best bet probably lies with Fox or Falco, teamed with Marth or Shiek IMO.

Anomic_Punk

Smash Champion
But i'm surprised nobody has mentioned marth; who is great for his grab game + tippers.

Sure he's not the BEST choice (or better than any of these other choices) But his grab game ****in ***** with... oh say a jiggs?

And then his edgeguarding. >.>

Dogy knows whats up.
;)

-Marth/Jigs
(KO/Support)
-Marth/Peach
(Support/Tank)
-Marth/Fox
(Support+Tank/KO)
-Marth/Sheik
(Support+Tank/KO)
-Marth/Ganon
(Support+KO/Tank+KO)
-Marth/Samus
(KO/Tank+Support)

are all viable teams, not the BEST, persay, but they can get the job done, so long as the marth knows how to play his role in the team.

IMHO team character tier list looks like:

Top: Fox, Peach
High: Jigs, Marth, Sheik,
Mid: C-falcon, Ganon

vegaspoker

Smash Journeyman
Oooo that Marth/Ganon combo looks good...never tried that before...

Hmm maybe put a really quick attack char in, so they contrast. Like Shiek/Ganon. Sheik would be the support and quick damage giver, and then Ganon could just run in and KO the opponent :laugh:

Lunytunes4.4

Smash Journeyman
my best teams based on videos i have seen and stats and such

fox/falco(classiclol)
fox/sheik
peach/jiggs
sheik/jiggs
sheik/samus
fox/jiggs
fox/ganon
marth/sheik

those are the teams. IMO doubles dont work so well I.E double samus, but i know some one can be this team like i said in the beginning its based on stats and vidoes and such

Vitamin X

Smash Journeyman
Jiggs is great on teams. She has teammate grab-->Rest--> jab cancel with all characters, and can edgeguard someone that her teammate knocks away.

With Fox, she has shine-->Rest. (Can you imagine Chillin shining an opponent across the stage like we've all seen, straight into a teammate's Rest?) Also, if Fox starts a pillar, Jiggs' Pound can break the opponent's shield, and you know what happens after that. That also works with Falco.

And then there's the simple fact that Jiggs can Rest an opponent while their attention is diverted, which happens frequently on teams. Example: I love using Rest to interrupt my opponent's chaingrabs on my teammate.

This next part is just conjecture, but it seems that Jiggs' Pound + Marth's neutral B can also instantly break a shield.

Finally, Jiggs can float forever just outside an opponent's reach, giving her teammate an opportunity to just walk up and smash the occupied opponent.

Pretty sure Jiggs gets even more advantages on teams that I either forgot to mention or never knew of. She's probably the best team character.

EDIT: I never referred to Fox as a "she." I was talking about Jiggs whenever she is teamed with Fox.

ConnorTheKid

Treat Yo' Self
Premium
LOL!! Fox is a she now?

seriously, Jiggz and Fox are pretty good in teams, Sheik is also really good.

GOTM

Smash Champion
very good teams are

sheik/marth
jiggs/fox
fox/marth
peach/fox

really...if you take two high or top tier characters you'll have a good team but those are the top teams

Top Bottom