• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Best Character(s) In Teams

marth-fan92

Smash Apprentice
heh, i know one of the worst teams:
roy/marth, both red team on battlefield
its like, instant suicide

Not accually roy can be the ground support while marth can be a air support where when roy racks up damage and hits someone up marth can go up there and combos them then spikes them.

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
Isai + any character is the best team.

Eternal Yoshi

I've covered ban wars, you know
NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089
The teams mentioned previously(e.g. Fox/Peach) are great for cheap wins, but I say use a team that suits you and work hard on your coordination. A well coordinated Bottom Tier team(Yoshi/Ness) can always defeat a uncooperative and uncoordinated Top Tier team(Peach/Fox) anyday.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
very good teams are

sheik/marth
jiggs/fox
fox/marth
peach/fox

really...if you take two high or top tier characters you'll have a good team but those are the top teams
hmmm... never thought of fox jiggz, but when i think about it, that would be insane ****. if team damage is off, then samus/samus is god tier lol. iv never seen a fox peach in action, but iv seen plenty fox marth and i think its my fav team.

maybe a sheik falco would work nice?

Binx

Smash Master
Fox Jiggs and Peach Fox, or even Peach Jigs is a good team, although Peaches grab isnt as good as Fox's so it lessens jiggs potential a little bit.

Jumanji

Smash Cadet
Eggs and Bacon or Breakfast in Bed Yoshi/G & W- Stunning in it's shear ridiculousness. At one side you have annoying and useless bacon arcing over your head, on the other, the occasional Egge. Vicious. Suddenly from the edges of bacon a man hits you with a turtle. You are confused, and begin to call PETA to complain about animal abuse but a dinosaur eats you and turns you into an egg. You of course put down the phone and slam buttons until you escape. As you pop out of the egg the turtle man come again and judges you as unworthy with a hammer... of judgement. unbeatable team, as long as you follow the exact game plan that I have just given you.

algandar88

Smash Journeyman
i used to think link wasnt good @ teams cause his moves were to wide hed hit teamates..esprcially in cramped stages

Yoshi

Smash Lord
Personal preference, I like the team of Yoshi & Link. Sounds odd if not weak, but me and my brother wreck with them >_>

Foxman15

Smash Journeyman
How do yo guys think the Doc ranks up in teams. I'm a Fox and am probably going to end up teaming with a Doc in the next (hopefully) team tourny.

Luck-NYC/NJ

Smash Lord
BergenField, Bergen County(North East Jersey)
Fox/Peach
somehow i dunno i could be wrong but that doesnt sound right. Fox/peach could be a good team if both players are very careful. the fact that either of the players most used moves (fox up-smash/uair) (peach d smash) could kill the other just makes for poor team work. on high levels of play this team might work well with alot of practice but it is something the players would have had to have worked on for a while.

In the Fray

Smash Apprentice
i'll go ahead and answer the question you're probably lookin for.
:p

ICs are generally accepted as bad in teams (i know you probably know this).

What everybody has said so far are pretty much the generally standards

Fox (KO)
Peach (Tank)
Jiggs (Support/KO)
Sheik (KO)

i wouldnt agree with CapFal so much, but then again how many CapFals do we have down here to gauge?

__
But i'm surprised nobody has mentioned marth; who is great for his grab game + tippers.

Sure he's not the BEST choice (or better than any of these other choices) But his grab game ****in ***** with... oh say a jiggs?

And then his edgeguarding. >.>

This girl pwns... i agree all the way.

Wayland

Smash Journeyman
In teams, lots of charachters have tricks up their sleeves that can make them highly valuable. For instance Fox/Ness. I know, you're thinking "Ness Sux, Lol!" However, with fox recovering ness's health, ness can be an incredible stock-tank. His throws generally hold an opponent out where they can be whacked, and since teams is a lot more chaotic than 1v1, a ness has a lot more survivability. If anyone was at INNsomnia 3, there were ness's on each team in the teams finals.

Of course, success depends on the teams opponents. I once played the Luigi on a Luigi/Marth team, and we did fairly well against a Peach/Falco. (A close loss). Then, in the losers bracket, we got absolutely ***** by a shiek/shiek. Low tier charachters seem to be very limited by matchups in teams, but they've got more opportunities to shine than in 1v1.

I'm not saying that you should go form a Young Link/Yoshi team, and expect to win MLG Doubles, because you'll lose. I'm saying that as counterpicks, combined with stage selections, low-tier charachters can be a viable choice.

Top Bottom