• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

best combo character?

Mota

"The snake, knowing itself, strikes swiftly"
Toon Link :D YAY!! Bair Bair Bair Bair HEAVEN!!1!

Zair to the Nair to the quickdraw = Combo?

MarKO X

Smash Champion
NNID
legendnumberM
3DS FC
2595-2072-2390
Switch FC
Oh yeah, because MK doesn't combo... oh wait, that's one of the reasons scrubs wanna ban him, isn't it?

But I think everyone's got it right with the names already mentioned. Lucario has too many two-hit combs, Sonic has a combo that can theorically max-out at 52%, Shiek can combo, Luigi can combo, Marth and Kirby have nice low % combos, etc. etc.

But teh best combo character is MK, no?

Amide

Smash Lord
Lol at how everyone in this thread says their main. I don't know, maybe Luigi, Shiek, or MK..?

Wildfire393

Smash Journeyman
Fox and Sheik, undoubtably.

Fox can go Dair to Utilt to Utilt to Utilt to Uair, which is likely airdoged, at which point he hits you with another Dair into more Utilts. My friend who mains him calls this "Fox Pillaring".

Sheik can do a Dtilt, Utilt, 0% Fthrow, Jab Cancel, Fair, weak nair, or weak bair into an Ftilt Lock, which usually racks up 40%, depending on who it's used on, and then can be followed up with a Utilt for another 13% and aerial chasing capability. Additionally, against fastfallers (most especially fox), at just about any % Sheik can get two Ftilts into anything she wants, including a tipper Usmash, which will kill.

Yuna

BRoomer
BRoomer
lol at the answers that came before me.

Sheik has the most combos in Brawl.

That shouldn't even be debatable unless your talking about Diddy banana game.
Only most of her combos are just strings that are possible due to her just being too **** fast for people to always react to her launchers and airdodge out of them. Or if you're facing a character weak against the F-tilt, I guess.

Adapt

Smash Lord
You seem to have the wrong definition of the word "combo"...
yeah that was a bad example by him, but she still has a number of combos

D-Smash combos into anything... same with Neutral B.
D-smash on the edge is an auto-spike (down-B) at any percentage and most characters can't even recover at 0 (before the d-smash)

up-B will combo into all aerials, utilt, dtilt, and jab

ftilt trips at low percentages and you can normally get a dsmash from there to anything (not to mention a bunch of other followup that aren't as good)

dash attack will combo into jab, utilt, dtilt, and more dashes

uair will combo into itself, and if you auto-cancel it you can get a utilt/u-smash (weak uair makes this more likely). Up-B is also possible but can be DIed away from.

There's a few more but I think they can be DIed/airdodged too easily.

Yuna

BRoomer
BRoomer
No, were talking about brawl here. I think it's you sir, that has the wrong definition of the word "combo". Especially considering the context.
You seem to not know that there exists the word "string" and that actual combos do exist in Brawl and that it's important to keep the two things separate.

If we're gonna treat any string that looks flashy as a combo, then pretty much almost all characters can combo all of a sudden and Captain Falcon is the Combo King.

CR4SH

Smash Lord
LOL the string king. nice.

Oh, and since when is c. falcon the best at putting attacks together? That's just goofy.

JhMS

Smash Journeyman
LOL the string king. nice.

Oh, and since when is c. falcon the best at putting attacks together? That's just goofy.
Since Melee :).Really,he was the combo king in Melee.
But we are talking about Brawl,so the best combo character is:
MELEE ANYTHING
Sheik.Diddy is close maybe.....

XienZo

Smash Lord
that video was epic, too bad it became a string after the fair, but the uair and Usmash were epic mindgames

but that was a combo against Olimar. Olimar is easier to gimp than Rob is to kill off the top. To be fair, they both have to be on Rob.

I mean, Olimar gimps Olimar at 0 damage, cuz you know when an Olimar goes off an edge in a ditto, someone dies.

Snail

Smash Lord
Sakurai either hates Olimar as much as he hates Link or he was simply unaware of how sucky tethers are in competitive matches. -_-

Regardless, it was a nice combo Boss. I still think the Olimar one was better (albeit maybe not a "true combo", but this is Brawl after all.) but I was just responding to the Sonic mainer actually XD

Samuelson

Smash Lord
airwise.......luigi

groundwise....mario

overall-mario

mario has both air and ground mobility......
I'm not very familiar with Mario but i want to start using him. What combo's can Mario do on the ground that Luigi can't?

They can both combo with Utilt and they can both use jabs pretty well for combo's. I would of thought that their combo game was equal on the ground but you would know more then i would.

Top Bottom