• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Best complementary character for Olimar?

Stray Element

Smash Cadet
Hmm, I use Olimar, IC, and ROB... I don't know if ROB/IC are good against Olimar's bad match ups, but Whenever I play friendlies usually If I am having trouble with someone's character I just switch to IC and try to CG the hell outta em :) Or I switch to ROB and camp/gyro them till they throw their controllers in rage.

IDK I guess what I'm trying to say is perhaps ROB is a good compliment for Olimar mains, he has lots of options at any given time like Olimar, and he is very projectile based like Olimar (or at least my Olimar).

Snail

Smash Lord
I use Dedede. Great vs. Luigi and does decently well against all of Oli's bad matchups except Meta Knight and G&W (but G&W isn't so hard to deal with in the first place).

asob4

Smash Champion
GnW has been working wonder for me as a secondary
***** peach, kirby, yoshi, and luigi pretty bad
and played intelligently doesn't have a hard time vs marth and MK
DK can cover anyone else but olimar covers the bulk of the cast

Aztec Avenger

Smash Journeyman
I think a good partner would be Mario, I haven\'t played much doubles, but the reason is because Mario doesn\'t have any disadvantage or advantage, but with Olimar, I think Mario could do exceptionally well. This is my assumption, like I throw a dude off the stage with Olimar, and mario goes for the cape.

Llumys

Smash Champion
Sorry for the bump. I'm just going through old important threads. Discussion of alternates could always be useful, though.

Revival!

Anyway, I use Falco, Marth, and Fox as alternates. I never really have trouble with matchups, since Marth covers most of them and Falco/Fox handle the odd ones.

BentoBox

Smash Master
I'm currently maining Peach and I'm thinking of seconding Oli :p. Peach has a much steeper learning curve so I wouldn't really recommend any of you to second her, but she fares fairly well against herself ;) and luigi (& yoshi & kirby) . Marth remains a problem though. And GW supposedly ***** her, even though I don't personally have problems with him o,o

Brave Hippo

Smash Ace
Im thinking of using Kirby or GnW as a second, just cant decide which. (Though Im leaning to Kirby just because of the Down Taunt. :laugh:)

Greward

Smash Lord
Best olimar's secondary is Louise! :D

on thread, meta knight is the best secondary. It's good against all olimar's counters, and is meta knight's worst matchup!

Excellence

Smash Champion
I'm going to have to say that Olimar's best partner would be Mr. Game & Watch or Marth. I suppose Marth would cover a few more bad match-ups, but between Olimar and Mr. Game & Watch the amount of punishing the two of them could do is very frightening. Mr. Game & Watch could also save Olimar from potential low % glimps that he may face. I think we also need to take counter-pick stages into account. Most of the stages Olimar does poorly on, Mr. Game & Watch shines on and he could work to not only save Olimar but carry him as well.

kirbywizard

Smash Hero
3DS FC
0989-1847-5768
I use around 6 to five characters
Olimar
Jigglypuff
Luigi
D3
Wario
and mabey Pit I'm unsure right now

Why luigi because his sexiness is to much, while D3 beauty is to much for your eyes to see.
I love using these guys they are all so diffrent

Fino

Smash Master
I use around 6 to five characters
Olimar
Jigglypuff
Luigi
D3
Wario
and mabey Pit I'm unsure right now

Why luigi because his sexiness is to much, while D3 beauty is to much for your eyes to see.
I love using these guys they are all so diffrent
by all of them are different, you mean olimar is different. All the other characters are aerial whores... with good recovery... ect.

~Fino

Llumys

Smash Champion
I don't a bunch of characters to handle Olimar's weaknesses.

Falco, Marth and Peach are good enough for me. I'll pull out Ice Climbers or Meta Knight from time to time.

I usually like to lose with Olimar (unless it's in a tournament) instead of picking a character with a better matchup, because it just helps me become a better player who adapts well.

kirbywizard

Smash Hero
3DS FC
0989-1847-5768

Nothing, it's just that you said you like them because they're all different.... but they're all the same.

~Fino
all the same............, you have a point there, but hey oli controls the ground, while Jigglypuff floats through the enemy lines, as luigi and wario bomb the enemy, and D3 dooooooooooooesssssssssssssssssssss his big gay dance:laugh:

Top Bottom