• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Best Fire pokemon in D/P (Beside's Legends!!!)

Lit

Smash Ace
Just as the tittle says, i just wanted to know what you guys think the best fire poke in d/p that is not a legend. If i would have to pick, it would be Infernape.
What do you guys think?

Keitaro

Banned via Administration
I swear it's only that and the freaking catchable Ponytas. D/P upset me when I could not find any fire Pokemon during my journey. What the hell is wrong with Nintendo?

9Kplus1

Smash Master
Once again, Flareon beats them due to its ability. As I said, even if they have Rock Tomb. Or so I have seen.
o.o... EQ wow, BellyMeleon can kill Flareon... I once used a Flareon... it sucks now thanks to the Physical/Special changes >.<...

My vote goes to Blaziken, that thing is a beast with Agility.

B.A.R.S

Smash Cadet
I would choose an Infernape, there is just so many ways to use him and his stats are amoung one of the best when it comes to fire's.

fluffy

Smash Champion
so far:
1 charizard
1 flareon
1 magmortar
1 ponyta
1 blaziken
and like 5 infernapes.

infernape wins!

Wii4Mii 99

Smash Lord
o.o... EQ wow, BellyZard can kill Flareon... I once used a Infernape... it sucks now thanks to the Physical/Special changes >.<...

My vote goes to Charizard, that thing is a beast with Belly Drum.
Stop misquoting me /whine

And EQ from BellyZard owns Flareon, so :p
I would choose a Charizard, there is just so many Pokemon for him to pwn and his stats are amoung one of the best when he Belly Drums and recieves a Salac boost.
I thought I'd mosquito some people for my 1400th post.

Until wii meet again,
Wii4Mii 99

Wii4Mii 99

Smash Lord

:laugh::laugh::laugh:

Who's winning NOW?
Watch. A bunch of people are gonna come in and try to prove to us why Charizard isn't good.

Don't let them get to you. You gotta stand strong.

Of course, I could always do the same thing to them...

Until wii meet again,
Wii4Mii 99

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
Watch. A bunch of people are gonna come in and try to prove to us why Charizard isn't good.

Until wii meet again,
Wii4Mii 99
C'mon! Everyone knows Charizard is t3h 1337 fire type of all!

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Just as the tittle says, i just wanted to know what you guys think the best fire poke in d/p that is not a legend. If i would have to pick, it would be Infernape.
What do you guys think?
I'd have to agree. Infernape just has the great type combination. Fire and Fighting is great, because not only can it easily defeat rock types with fighting type moves, the fighting type removes the super-effectiveness from rock type attacks.

The added damage from flying attacks and psychic attacks hurts, but its easily dealt with because Infernape has great offense and speed

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
That you can get? Thats not avaliable from the start in D/P? i.e. Ponyta and Infernape

I'd say Charizard

Lit

Smash Ace
My bad on not explain it more clearer i ment of all the fire pokes in the game and thats not a legend, which one would be the best.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
I really like Arcanine, he's my favorite Pokemon.

I don't have D/P, is it possible to get him?

Creo

Smash Champion
NNID
Creo93
Wii4Mii agrii's with Criio!

Watch. A bunch of people are gonna come in and try to prove to us why Flareon isn't good.

Until wii meet again,
Wii4Mii 99
Wow Wii4Mii, I never thought you would be so generous to us Flareon lovers.
I totally agree with you, he pwns! Really, who cares for slapping your Belly to somehow get stronger?

Tyrannotaur

Smash Ace
NNID
Tyrannotaur
3DS FC
1075-0952-5696
Charizard (and Tyranitar) is my favorite Pokémon. So my vote goes to him. Even if he hates rocks.

The9litch

Smash Apprentice
hello dudes, this is my first post here and I'd like to leave some of my pokemon knowledge and try to help you on your search.

Infernape is at the moment the best fire type in the metagame. His high attack, special attack and speed makes him a very formidabe sweeper. Infernape is one of the few pokemon that easily takes down the dreaded SkarmBliss combo due to Flamethrower and Close Combat. With a MixApe set which is Nasty Plot, Flamethrower, Grass Knot and Close Combat, Ape KOs many of the very defensive pokemon in the game including Swampert, Hippowdon, Milotic, Blissey, Skarmory, Rhyperior etc... Carizard is also very good but he is very rare now because of the Stealth Rock presence and that he takes 50% everytime he switches in plus Sub + Belly Drum = 75% loss and all it takes is a good Phazer and youre pretty much screwed. Special Charizard gets walled to death by that Pink Blob of special wallness Blissey and he doesnt pack a good punch without sunny day. I would post more but I dont feel like it lol. hope I helped

fluffy

Smash Champion
okay so The9litch chooses infernape. how many is that now? like 10 i think haha

Wii4Mii 99

Smash Lord
Wow Wii4Mii, I never thought you would be so generous to us Flareon lovers.
I totally agree with you, he pwns! Really, who cares for thinking nasty thoughts to somehow get stronger?
I know BellyZard is one of the riskiest things to use. It shows you have more skill. (I think)

Until wii meet again,
Wii4Mii 99

Edit: Where are my manners? Welcome to the Poke Center, The9litch.

The9litch

Smash Apprentice
BellyZard is all about prediction...Scout the Switch and Sub, then the Belly Drum should go smoothly and then Salac Berry activates and allows you to sweep

Wii4Mii 99

Smash Lord
BellyZard is all about prediction...Scout the Switch and Sub, then the Belly Drum should go smoothly and then Salac Berry activates and allows you to sweep
Exactly. MixApe doesn't get a Sub up and has to risk being OHKOed while it Nasty Plots, and even then, it can still be outsped. (I'm not saying BellyZard can't be outsped, too, though)

Also, it'd be pretty hard for a Pokemon to phaze a +6 Max Attack Charizard using STAB Blaze Fire Punch. The only ones I think would survive and phaze or KO are defensively EV trained Hippowdon and Swampert.

[offtopic]Hippowdon is my favorite Ground type.[/offtopic]

Until wii meet again,
Wii4Mii 99

The9litch

Smash Apprentice
while you are right about Infernape being slower after Salac, as an overall pokemon Infernape is much better, BellyZard is way too situational, your team has to be based around him for him to work...plus Pert and Hippow absolutely destroy him as you said, especially hippow that would just Slack Off the damage

Top Bottom