• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Best Fox Players?

Status
Not open for further replies.

NeverKnowsBest

Monochrome Like A Panda
I was searching the fox section and I was unable to locate a post like this one. So I'm wondering who is the best or should I say worthy of notice fox player out there. I'm trying to find some inspiration for me to better my own fox play.

mario-man

Smash Lord
Now guys, Eggz is a good Fox, but don't decieve the n00b. Eggz is a Mario main. Yet he is still da stuff with Fox, so, at the same time, don't think you've got him beat.

Silent Wolf is, how you say, the best Fox ever. (French accent)

takieddine

Smash Master
SW is technical, but by no means the best fox.
I think he actually said this a while back.

I just mentioned Eggz, because i cant mention SW without Eggz.

For the best foxes period:
KDJ, PC, M2k.

Che_Lab

Smash Lord
I didn't say he was one of the best, but HIT_or_MISS asked if any players had a trademark technique or something they were known for and i mentioned his name because he is in fact very technical and a good drillshiner / waveshiner.

Omni

You can't break those cuffs.
BRoomer
I heard that InfernoOmni guy's Fox is pretty good. His trademark is something along the lines of being black. *nods*

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
Why did everyone leave out Chillin? he still has one of the best foxes. Ken, PC, M2K, and Isai (and KDJ to an extend, he also mains sheik) all have different mains. Ken has marth, PC Falco/marth, M2K marth, Isai falcon. going off FCD results, i believe chillin placed higher than other foxes.

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
yea chillin is my fav fox too. just like how azen is my fav marth/everything else. they both are good friends and have very unique (and entertaining) play styles.

-EE-

Smash Cadet
top 5 Fox mains IMO:

PC > KDJ > Chillin > LuninSpectra > Tink

(M2K u use Marth mostly now so thats your new main as far as I'm concerned)

Giggidax

Smash Ace
all the known mainstream fox players out there
pc lunin silentwolf etc

but theres one fox player i wanna point out, he doesnt get much credit but i can udnerstand why
Javi, hes jus real technical and i like his fox. but i will say that he is not the best fox in the world

Miharu

Smash Hero
all the known mainstream fox players out there
pc lunin silentwolf etc

but theres one fox player i wanna point out, he doesnt get much credit but i can udnerstand why
Javi, hes jus real technical and i like his fox. but i will say that he is not the best fox in the world
Silent Wolf is loads more technical than Javi is.

Giggidax

Smash Ace
Silent Wolf is loads more technical than Javi is.
psh.. well yea but not in all his videos
and i did not say javi is more technical than Silent Wolf. mmk

why must people always wanna prove theyre more technical than whomever? lol ive alrdy been in a discussion on the "whos more technical : Silent Wolf/Shiz or Javi" topic

SCOTU

Smash Hero
because tech skill is what makes one look really cool in video. if you're watching the video for fun that is. And Silent Wolf is hella technical.

CQue tHe Sunn

Smash Journeyman
silent wolf has god awful DI though, it gets him *****. he's all tech skill, and no mind games and thats his weakness

PC, M2K, KDJ, Ken are all good foxes. a lot of people overlook Caveman's fox, but thats probably because not many vids exist, youd just have to go to tourneys to see it

tarheeljks

Smash Lord
psh.. well yea but not in all his videos
and i did not say javi is more technical than Silent Wolf. mmk

why must people always wanna prove theyre more technical than whomever? lol ive alrdy been in a discussion on the "whos more technical : Silent Wolf/Shiz or Javi" topic
that thread is dead and should stay that way.

SCOTU

Smash Hero
silent wolf has god awful DI though, it gets him *****. he's all tech skill, and no mind games and thats his weakness

PC, M2K, KDJ, Ken are all good foxes. a lot of people overlook Caveman's fox, but thats probably because not many vids exist, youd just have to go to tourneys to see it
Silent wolf is by no means w/o mindgames. No amount of tech skill can get one 13th (i think) at FC without mindgames. He just doesn't have as many as, say, KDJ. I'm not saying SW is the best, but he's one of the funnest to watch.

SCOTU

Smash Hero
it's because a while back, some awesome guy from DBR made a sweet video. A bunch of n00bs saw it and were like: "OMFG ZOMG, I wanna be like taht! he's t133t" And then all they did was practice tech skill. So, a lot of foxen that ppl know personally are more technical than mental players. This often gets generalized to high level players like SW & LunIn.

Btw, i started off as one of the aforementioned n00bs as well (and still kinda am), but i've begun to see the light, and break that kind of stupidity. Well, i'm trying anyway.

FOR THE RECORD: THIS IS IN NO WAY BASHING SAID MEMBER OF DBR, I ACTUALLY RATHER LIKE HIS FOX, AND IT IS NOT WITHOUT MINDGAMES/ INTELLIGENCE.

-EE-

Smash Cadet
it's because a while back, some awesome guy from DBR made a sweet video. A bunch of n00bs saw it and were like: "OMFG ZOMG, I wanna be like taht! he's t133t" And then all they did was practice tech skill. So, a lot of foxen that ppl know personally are more technical than mental players. This often gets generalized to high level players like SW & LunIn.

Btw, i started off as one of the aforementioned n00bs as well (and still kinda am), but i've begun to see the light, and break that kind of stupidity. Well, i'm trying anyway.

FOR THE RECORD: THIS IS IN NO WAY BASHING SAID MEMBER OF DBR, I ACTUALLY RATHER LIKE HIS FOX, AND IT IS NOT WITHOUT MINDGAMES/ INTELLIGENCE.
Lol I'd say this is pretty much it but yeah high tech skill does not = no mindgames though it is true in some cases (w/ n00bs)

Wilhelmsan

Smash Lord
SW plays like that in his friendlies, he's just accelerating the game to its limits (quite cool if you ask me)

Watching tournament matches of him, you'd probably see about 10x lasers uthrow-uair

LOLOL
I don't have bad DI xD
Try playing me, random guy. Before saying stuff.
Best Fox would probably be PC.

People...just because someone is technical doesn't mean they don't have mindgames...lol

scotu said:
Silent wolf is by no means w/o mindgames. No amount of tech skill can get one 13th (i think) at FC without mindgames. He just doesn't have as many as, say, KDJ. I'm not saying SW is the best, but he's one of the funnest to watch.
Can't forget 7th at OC3 :D

Only person who's played me in this thread is Hydro Kirby, listen to him.

a lot of people overlook Caveman's fox, but thats probably because not many vids exist, youd just have to go to tourneys to see it
Also, Don't talk **** and then promote someone I beat LOL. I played his Fox in the WA vs TX crew battle at FC.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom