• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

best/funniest commentary on matches/

BEET 12

Smash Cadet
I know wife is a great commentator, really knows what he's doing. I've heard alucard commentate, he's pretty funny. Anyone got any ideas of whos the best, or your personal favorite?

Sybawave

Smash Ace
Wife is the best lol if anything he was the only actual commentator.

Everyone else just says random **** like HMW or Alucard.

Scar just Johns about Jigglypuff

But yeah the only time we ever had good and actual commentating is back around the MLG era. After that stopped people just grabbed mics and started acting stupid...West Coast is a really good example of that.

OH MAN! I forgot about that one dude....I can't remember who it was but I think he was black....he was freakin' hilarious

His name was DA Dave I think lolololol Oh man that guy actually commentated and made us all laugh.

D1 actually did a good job recently lol whoever that is

S.G.

Smash Journeyman
I actually like Drephen's commentary whenever it gets out (ROM, MLG)
but other than him, I think the minorities take the cake (D1, HMW+Phil, DJ/Alu, NOT PB&J)

Vegard

Smash Lord
M3D / Wife
Wife / Husband
Sliq / Random
Waffles / Phil (when they're in good shape lol)

also... it's always interesting to listen to the pro's. I loved it when players like PC or Ken got to do commentary at MLG tournaments.

Juggleguy

Smash Grimer
Premium
As for ability to do great commentary by themselves, my list is something like this:

1. Sliq
2. Wife
3. Phil
4. JV

No disrespect at all to HMW, I just feel from watching the vids that he's much better as a hype generator and his presence on the mic is amplified with others alongside him. And MLG had some really good commentators back in the day.

ScoobyCafe

Smash Journeyman
Why is this is the combo video section? =/

On topic, NoobKing and Dogysamich are my top picks, most definitely; play-by-play commentary with personality is what I look for whenever someone is commentating, and these two delivers.

For hype and whatnot, everyone else. What I'd like to know is who is the hypest commentator.

victra♥

crystal skies
Slippi.gg
victra#0
Noobking has a really good voice for commentary. Wife and D1 are really good commentators as well.

As for added hype, HMW/Phil and DA Dave are fantastic.

But seriously, DA Dave is just...you can't even describe it with words.

S l o X

Smash Champion
Holy **** Ive never seen that match between Ken and M2K, I think Ken is officially my second favorite Marth...ever.

and that commentary from DA Dave. GET @ HIM. Best commentary.

victra♥

crystal skies
Slippi.gg
victra#0
hahahaaa omg. I completely forgot about pb&j's commentary. So good XD

keeper

Smash Champion
I really don't much like listening to commentary.

My favorites have to be Sliq and Taj for humor, and then the people that actually commentate though. Otherwise I just rather hear the match.

Top Bottom