• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Best HardCore or RockBands out there...(Post any,Metal,PostHardcore,Screamo,Emo Band)

Josh the Dennis

Smash Rookie
here are soem pretty badass metal bands:

Earth Wind & Fire
Violent Femmes
Charles Mingus
Captain Beefheart
Headhunters
Parliament
Marillion
Kraftwerk
Genesis
Mahavishnu Orchestra (i no it sounds like classical, but it's hardcore HVY METHUL!1)
King Crimson (especially the Thonk album)
Radiohead
Jefferson Airplane
Tito Puente
Soul Coughing
Koinonia
Manic Street Preachers
Word of Mouth

I know more about music than any of u noobs, there's so much awesome hvy mtl u guys don't no about

saberhof

Smash Master
here are soem pretty badass metal bands:

Earth Wind & Fire
Violent Femmes
Charles Mingus
Captain Beefheart
Headhunters
Parliament
Marillion
Kraftwerk
Genesis
Mahavishnu Orchestra (i no it sounds like classical, but it's hardcore HVY METHUL!1)
King Crimson (especially the Thonk album)
Radiohead
Jefferson Airplane
Tito Puente
Soul Coughing
Koinonia
Manic Street Preachers
Word of Mouth

I know more about music than any of u noobs, there's so much awesome hvy mtl u guys don't no about
haha i bet you do. i dont really need to know you know more than me really.;)

NG7

Smash Lord
Only awesome band out of there is Mahavishnu Orchestra.

Dodongo

rly likes smoke
BRoomer
Anyone heard of Ektomorf? I'm really getting into them lately. They are kind of like what would have happened if Korn (back when they were good) had Max Cavalera as vocalist and they were all gypsies.

saberhof

Smash Master
If you guys are true metal heads, what is your opinion on Cradle of Filth? I will most likely know who is a poser by response.
they suck.

Btw whoever said that Avenged Seven Fold is hardcore, WRONG! There old stuff is better
True, the old stuff was more hardcore.

ektomorf is so so...

ROB_[MCC}

Smash Apprentice
In terms of hardcore bands, you guys should really check out Chiodos... great band with the best vocalist out there. Craig Owens is number one.

His other band, Cinematic Sunrise, is completely different. Their music has more of a "pop" feel to it, but it is probably some of the best music I have heard in a long time. Listen to their song Umbrellas and Elephants on their myspace.

As for metal... I can't say I'm a big fan. However, I really like Kamelot. It has an epic/fantasy sound to it. If I had to recommend a song, it would be Center of the Universe. It's music anyone can like.

saberhof

Smash Master
"Lets juuuust stop....drop everyythinng, forget eachothers names, and just walk awaaaay" man i love that song

keep em coming.

kidprecision

Smash Apprentice
Cradle of Filth is weak............ lol
Agreed.

Also, Chiodos....I dont understand what people see in them. There is nothing at all original about their 'music.' Lately all these 'hardcore, posthardcore, screamo' bands are all sounding exactly the same.

Anyone here listen to Death by Stereo?

BuryYourDead

Smash Rookie
Okay I read a little on what you guys were writing about. Hardcore is in fact a genre. There is such thing as music that is emo but it had NOTHING to do with cutting or any of that. It is just an emotion portrayed in a song. Emo is NOT a fashion. In terms of hardcore, if there is no 2-steps or break downs, how is it hardcore? Even the old old stuff like judge and gorilla biscuits have 2-steps and what not.
One band you MUST listen to before you die HORSE the band (yes HORSE the band not HORSE the band)
Hardcore Bands:
Comeback Kid
Gorilla Biscuits
One Dead Three Wounded
Dead Hearts
Ringworm
First Blood
Shai Hulude
Bury Your Dead
I could go on forever.
Talk to me if you think you know hardcore and want to talk.
by the way if you think your into hardcore and don't know who champion is then get the **** out! A lot of the bands that people are saying are hardcore are not. I've seen people say lamb of god and damageplan are hardcore. It's NOT! Metalcore is different.

m3gav01t

BRoomer
BRoomer
Okay I read a little on what you guys were writing about. Hardcore is in fact a genre. There is such thing as music that is emo but it had NOTHING to do with cutting or any of that. It is just an emotion portrayed in a song. Emo is NOT a fashion.

by the way if you think your into hardcore and don't know who champion is then get the **** out! A lot of the bands that people are saying are hardcore are not. I've seen people say lamb of god and damageplan are hardcore. It's NOT! Metalcore is different.
hardcore has been a genre since the late 70s. emo came out of the hardcore scene in the mid 80s with bands like rites of spring, who were followed by a second wave of emo with bands like sunny day real estate in the early 90s, with subsequent waves leading to bands like american football, cursive, bright eyes, and eventually the really popular corporate bull****, as if cursive and bright eyes weren't big enough already.

i'd say that there definitely is a very emo fashion, since it's become fashionable to be emo, or at least it was several years ago (maybe it still is in high school, but emo kids just get made fun of at college). so, subsequently, it's become a fashion to get attention, and cutting and things like that just come with the territory. i'd like to say emo is just emotion portrayed in a song, that's what i tried to consider emo for the longest, but there is a definite emo musical style. it used to be good, but it's evolved into a bunch of people who don't know how to play their instruments very well, with lyrics that are so self-pitying and stupid it's ridiculous. right now, i'd say if you're looking for true emotion in music, you should look in other genres. envy is one of the most emotional bands i've ever heard, and they're post-hardcore. the digital kill is another super emotional band, and they're experimental.

and yeah, i know who champion is. they're alright. i wouldn't consider myself that into the hardcore scene, i mostly listen to math rock and indie. however, my best friend listens almost exclusively to hardcore, and here's (basically, not verbatim) what he said to me the other day:

"i just refuse to associate myself with the hardcore and metal scenes. all the people are just so ****ing stupid. whenever i go on to a hardcore forum, people don't talk about the music, they just say dumb **** like, 'oh, that band sucks! you're not hardcore!' which will be responded to by, 'no, such and such band sucks! you're not hardcore!' and it's just so ridiculous. it's basically just a bunch of people calling each other posers. that's why i just refuse to be a part of it."

i just don't want that to happen right here, and it seems like in the last couple pages of this thread it's been happening more and more. i think it would just be a lot better if we just talked about the bands and the music non-judgmentally.

saberhof

Smash Master
people here can mention any type of bands that are considerd in that group of rock, like the title says, but i guees some people do mention that lamb of god is hardcore :urg:, i do know who champion is.

<3 m3gav01t :p..Fall of Troy was awsome.

BuryYourDead

Smash Rookie
thank you megavolt for knowing things about music. I just hate to see people try to lecture about things when they are way in left field. Yes there is modern emo fashion but what I mean to say is from what emo is supposed to be, the fashions and modern emo is completely off. I know that when Ian Mackaye and Fugazi made the first started the whole emo thing, they didn't mean in any way to cut and dress like you got into a fight with a scissors and lost. Sorry for flaming but when I know people are wrong and so many say a certain band is in a certain genre I get kind of mad. I like talking about music but being lectured about things that are wrong bug me.
Heavy Heavy Low Low anyone?

m3gav01t

BRoomer
BRoomer
thank you megavolt for knowing things about music. I just hate to see people try to lecture about things when they are way in left field. Yes there is modern emo fashion but what I mean to say is from what emo is supposed to be, the fashions and modern emo is completely off. I know that when Ian Mackaye and Fugazi made the first started the whole emo thing, they didn't mean in any way to cut and dress like you got into a fight with a scissors and lost. Sorry for flaming but when I know people are wrong and so many say a certain band is in a certain genre I get kind of mad. I like talking about music but being lectured about things that are wrong bug me.
Heavy Heavy Low Low anyone?
yeah, the original emo bands may not have meant for the style and sound to evolve the way it did, but that's just the way it happened, whether you want to come to terms with it or not. the whole emo scene was just taken over by business moguls looking to make huge profits. it's pretty similar to what happened to grunge in the early 90s. as much as i hate to admit it, jimmy eat world is what emo has become. also fugazi is more post-hardcore with punk influences. who the hell cares though? at the end of the day it's all just music. i try not to mislabel things, but i feel like the internet has just made people start classifying music into subgenres upon subgenres, and people across the internet all have different ideas of what fits in where and whatever.

i don't know where you're getting the idea i'm coming from left field. but whatever.

saberhof - yeah, i bet fall of troy was soooo bad ***. i'm still so pissed i missed them earlier this semester. but right now i'm just so pumped for that pyramids concert in two days.

also, i just started listening to the girls against boys record venus luxure no. 1 baby. pretty cool old school post-hardcore, but they're one of those outfits without real screaming, which is kind of disappointing considering the type of music they play. they're still worth checking out though.

another band that i listen to off and on with large gaps in between is transistor transistor. kind of post-hardcore type stuff. pretty nice screaming.

saberhof

Smash Master
when it comes to screaming, i always think who is the best screamer?. maybe Job for a Cowboy?, Underoath?, as i lay dying?... i still can decide. maybe some unknown band thats local is a pretty good **** screamer but i still cant decide, lol a lil off topic but id like your thoughts on this.

m3gav01t

BRoomer
BRoomer
yeah, it is really difficult to pick the band with the best screaming. i've never actually heard job for a cowboy, but i'll go check them out. i really like old underoath's screaming a lot. they're definitely up there. i think probably my favorite screaming right now is the number twelve looks like you, but it kind of depends on what mood i'm in, too. ohhh, i almost forgot, i love the way the blood brothers scream, especially on crimes. it sounds like two demons screeching at their prey or something. yeah, it's really hard to pick just one. my friend and i were actually having this conversation just the other day, which is pretty crazy.

saberhof

Smash Master
yeah, it is really difficult to pick the band with the best screaming. i've never actually heard job for a cowboy, but i'll go check them out. i really like old underoath's screaming a lot. they're definitely up there. i think probably my favorite screaming right now is the number twelve looks like you, but it kind of depends on what mood i'm in, too. ohhh, i almost forgot, i love the way the blood brothers scream, especially on crimes. it sounds like two demons screeching at their prey or something. yeah, it's really hard to pick just one. my friend and i were actually having this conversation just the other day, which is pretty crazy.
yep very crazy, job for a cowboy is like a pig noise at one point, but i like his loud screaming.

my list for best screamers:

Underoath
Job for a Cowboy
The Agony Scene
The Bled
As i lay Dying
Atreyu?
Between the Buried And Me
And the Black Dahlia Murder

those are my top 7 i have LOADS more, but i dont wanna go out with a long list.

saberhof

Smash Master
holy **** sorry for the double post but i needed to know if you knew the band "Underminded", im gonna put them on my list.

m3gav01t

BRoomer
BRoomer
yeah, blood brothers are really awesome. crimes is one of my all time favorite records. i think they've been mentioned earlier in the thread, too.

a pretty cool hardcore-ish band i just heard tonight is dialogues. they're also awesome because after the show, a meth addict with a gun and a knife got in their van, so we just chilled out in the back yard for a while until this really ****ing big dude talked the meth addict into getting out of the van. the would be grand theif then proceeded to run down the street in a very cracked out manner and the band safely was on their way.

sing sing prison is another really cool band i just heard of tonight. kind of emotional-post hardcore. the way they tune their guitar is very reminiscent of pyramids, which is awesome if you've ever heard pyramids.

Taco Head

Smash Ace
Armor For Sleep
Cute is What We Aim for
A Thorn for Every Heart
Atreyu
Avenged Sevenfold
Bleed The Dream
Bullet For My Valentine
Funeral For A Friend
Hawthorne Heights
Scary Kids Scaring Kids
Silverstein
Underoath

Thursday
Death
I Killed the Prom Queen
A Static Lullaby
Deicide

**fixed**

Sandy

Smash Champion
My Chemical Romance
Criss Angel
P!ATD
FOB
Senses Fail
The Receiving End of Sirens
Last November
Daniel Lioneye
Dropkick Murphys

Meleeruler

BRoomer
BRoomer
(Metal)
In Flames
Shadows Fall
As I Lay Dying
Darkest Hour
All That Remains
Trivium
Black Label Society
1-Pantera
2-Alice in Chains
3-Megadeth
4-Judas Priest
5-Black Sabbath
6-White Zombie
7-Iron Maiden
8-Soulfly
9-Trivium
10-Metallica
Avenged Sevenfold (The old avenged sevenfold) [Emo/Hard Rock]
Audioslave [Hard Rock]
Damageplan [Hardcore]
Disturbed [Hard Rock]
Godsmack [Hard Rock]
Killswitch Engage [Hardcore]
KoRn [Hard Rock/Hardcore]
Lamb of God [Hardcore]
Metallica [METAL]
Mudvayne [Hard Rock/Hardcore]
Pantera [Thrash Metal]
Puddle of Mudd [Rock]
Rage Against the Machine* [Industrial Rock/Rap-Rock]
Slipknot [Hardcore]
SoundGarden [Metal]
System of a Down* [Hard Rock, maybe industrial rock]
Tool* [Progressive Rock]
Tool
Dream Theater
Spiral Tower
Zero Hour
Gamma Ray
Helloween
Stratovarious
Symphony X
Alchemy X
Aftermath
Digital Ruin
Evergray
Fates Warning
Green Carnation
Dragon Force
Iced Earth
Demons and Wizards
Hammerfall
Blind Guardian
Grim Reaper
Riot
Nightwish
Children of Bodem
Dimmu Borgir
Savatage
Blind Guardian
Hammerfall
Dragonforce
Stratovarious
Symphony X
Rhapsody
Dream Theater
Nightwish
Sonata Arctica
Linkin Park
These are the ones that are closest to what I like; a mix of these, if you will.

A5modeu5

Smash Cadet
my favourite bands:
arch enemy
as blood runs black
as i lay dying
children of bodom
in flames
heaven shall burn

trivium

Kada

Smash Journeyman
Anyone feel like a break from the heavy stuff?

How about some Van Halen, GNR, Boston or Motley Crue, eh?

Also, honestly, if you haven't checked out The Black Mages before, you should. They pwn. You would think that a rock band who do remixes of video game songs might be lame. But seriously, those guys know how to play.

As for heavier metal stuff. I like Megadeth.

Top Bottom