• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Best KO move in the game?

FooXero

Smash Cadet
If you've posted in this thread and the words, "Snake's Utilt" are not to be found anywhere on your post, then you probably shouldn't have posted.
QFT.

A few more things about snakes utilt. As a snake main... God **** I love his hit box.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HTJtMqkvetI&feature=related

Let's remember people that this is the best overall kill move, not the most powerful *cough warlock punch* even though they can be orgasmic.

Another great one is snake's triple jab. AAA... How much easier can it get? And hey now, let's not forget snakes utilt... It's just too good.

SmashBrosForce

Smash Ace
I can't believe it's not FALCON PUNCH!!!one!!eleven!
I think Falcon Punch is Awesome to KO either.

You Feel Good when you Kill someone with Falcon Punch.

I agree too.

EDIT:
zeldspazz I just said that Dsmash isn't too strong dude. When I play with Zelda, I prefer Kill performing Lighting Kicks than Dsmash.
Anyway it's your opinion, no problem dude.

Dr. Tuen

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0559-7294-8323
I agree with MK's Shuttle Loop for air killing and Snake's Utilt for ground killing.

IC's are also pretty awesome. Even for players that are bad at chain grabbing (that's me, haha), grabbing and Nana-smashing isn't that hard, and it's an easy way to finish up someone's stock.

WhatIsRaizen?

Smash Ace
Snake's UTilt is the best, no question.

Broken range, you could say it has as much range as Falcon's Fsmash (unstuttered, ofcourse), It comes out almost right away (less than 4 frames, right?), it's almost always safe on shield, it has incredible power (kills as low as 96%), and it has priority over almost any other move.

:mad:

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
Snake's UTilt is the best, no question.

Broken range, you could it has as much range as Falcon's Fsmash (unstuttered, ofcourse), It comes out almost right away (less than 4 frames, right?), it's almost always safe on shield, it has incredible power (kills as low as 96%), and it has priority over almost any other move.
Less than 4 frames? 6 at the most iirc.

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
It's 6. Which is amazingly fast for such a good kill move.

KnightMare516

Smash Lord
OK if i made a tier list of best KO moves it would go like this.

1. Snake: Up Tilt
2. Snake: Foward Tilt
3. MetaKnight: Up B
4. MetaKnight: Down Smash
5. Game&Watch: Down Smash
6. KingDDD: Up Tilt
7. Kirby: Foward Smash
8. Game&Watch: Foward Smash
9. Luigi: Foward smash
10. Donky Kong: Down smash
11. Wario: Down B (Best used right before 2 min of it charging)
12. Donkey Kong: Foward Smash
13. Snake: Back air
14. Snake: Up air
15. Snake: Neutral air
16. Snake: Grenade
17. KingDDD: Back Air
18. Snake: Down B
19. Game&Watch: Up Smash
20. Luigi: Up B
21. Ike: Up Smash
22. Marth: Foward Smash
23. Ike: Up Tilt
24. Diddy Kong: Down Smash
25. Ike: Back Air

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
OK if i made a tier list of best KO moves it would go like this.

1. Snake: Up Tilt
2. Snake: Foward Tilt
3. MetaKnight: Up B
4. MetaKnight: Down Smash
5. Game&Watch: Down Smash
6. KingDDD: Up Tilt
7. Kirby: Foward Smash
8. Game&Watch: Foward Smash
9. Luigi: Foward smash
10. Donky Kong: Down smash
11. Wario: Down B (Best used right before 2 min of it charging)
12. Donkey Kong: Foward Smash
13. Snake: Back air
14. Snake: Up air
15. Snake: Neutral air
16. Snake: Grenade
17. KingDDD: Back Air
18. Snake: Down B
19. Game&Watch: Up Smash
20. Luigi: Up B
21. Ike: Up Smash
22. Marth: Foward Smash
23. Ike: Up Tilt
24. Diddy Kong: Down Smash
25. Ike: Back Air
phail

It's a horrible move and probably his worst KO move. Crazy unsafe, can't kill at all unless tippered, degrades mad fast, not very fast. It's just bad. I was good in melee, but now.... lets just say marth has much better options.

The rest of that crazy tierlist is bad, except #1, but I felt the need to comment on it.

If you're gonna talk about a marth kill move, nair or go home.

WhatIsRaizen?

Smash Ace
phail

It's a horrible move and probably his worst KO move. Crazy unsafe, can't kill at all unless tippered, degrades mad fast, not very fast. It's just bad. I was good in melee, but now.... lets just say marth has much better options.

The rest of that crazy tierlist is bad, except #1, but I felt the need to comment on it.

I think that's why he put it that low. lol.

KnightMare516

Smash Lord
phail

dude be quiet u dont know what ur saying. its way easier to tip a smash than it is a nair. his fsmash can kill and is his quickest kill move. especially if u tip. but there is a reason it is so low.

Also i forgot warios's fsmash that goes in there somwhere

mountain_tiger

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4441-8987-6303
Snake's FTilt shouldn't be number 2. Sure, it's fast and it has decent knockback, but it doesn't kill very early with decent DI. And isn't it usually stale because of how well it racks up damage?

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
So... Wario's fart comes out in frame 5... also has hitboxes everywhere (it's like... in a box around Wario), and kills a lot sooner than Snake's... and it isn't in contention for first?

Snake has to be grounded to use it, Wario can use his anywhere, making it more versatile. After 1:00, it already kills Mario at 80...

smashkng

Smash Lord
NNID
Smashsk
3DS FC
0318-7423-9293
Marth's forward smash doesn't need to be tippered to kill, though untippered doesn't start to KO until 120% if the opponent doesn't DI.

zeldspazz

Smash Master
So... Wario's fart comes out in frame 5... also has hitboxes everywhere (it's like... in a box around Wario), and kills a lot sooner than Snake's... and it isn't in contention for first?

Snake has to be grounded to use it, Wario can use his anywhere, making it more versatile. After 1:00, it already kills Mario at 80...
I think most people are against it being best KO move because it can be situational and takes a while for it to charge enough to kill.

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
One minute is how long it takes anyone to get someone into kill range... plus it's pretty much usable whenever :\

It accounts for 80% of the reason I, and any Wario wins.

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
You can either air camp, or just play it out until you get the waft at it's best.

Though you'll probably kill before it gets almost fully charged anyway.

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
Well, and on grab range and move range... but at least it's punishable by some characters. Waft lifts Wario away from harm... except from maybe like... MK's shuttle loop?

SmashBrosForce

Smash Ace
Fox's Usmash could be at the Top of KnightMare516's Best KO Tier List.

Fox's Usmash almost don't have Lag.

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
Fox's Usmash could be at the Top of KnightMare516's Best KO Tier List.

Fox's Usmash almost don't have Lag.
That's not true in the least.

Fox's Usmash has fast startup, but considerable endlag.

WhatIsRaizen?

Smash Ace
Well, and on grab range and move range... but at least it's punishable by some characters. Waft lifts Wario away from harm... except from maybe like... MK's shuttle loop?
Falco's, Falcon's, Shiek's jab and Dolphin slash?

momochuu

Smash Legend
NNID
Momochuu
3DS FC
2380-3247-9039
Kirby's fowardsmash could be argued as the best in the game IMO =/
Kirby's FSmash is extremely unsafe on block. >_> It's has pretty good startup, but you can see the move coming a mile away.

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
Falco's, Falcon's, Shiek's jab and Dolphin slash?
You can't jab him before he's gone, b/c he lifts the instant the hitbox comes out (unless you farted while standing on the ground, maybe?). MK's grounded up b just has a ridiculously wide range.

Dolphin Slash I don't know o_O If it did hit it would be a weak hit.

WhatIsRaizen?

Smash Ace
You can't jab him before he's gone, b/c he lifts the instant the hitbox comes out. MK's grounded up b just has a ridiculously wide range.

Dolphin Slash I don't know o_O If it did hit it would be a weak hit.
Oh, I thought 1-2 frame attacks would hit. My bad.

Top Bottom