• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Best KO move in the game?

AranOcean

Smash Ace
NNID
AranOcean
3DS FC
1220-8584-3874
That is why you manage your Pikmin and keep track of them. Up-Smashing with a White Pikmin is only good for following up with another attack at low damage. Other then that, the Olimar player should never use it. If they do, they are not a good Olimar player.
We kinda know that already...

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Best KO move in game considering versatility and power overall is Waft.

Best KO move in game considering reliability and range is probably Snake's Utilt.

kozimoto

Smash Journeyman
Niagara Falls NY. US , Strasbourg, France
Kirby's FSmash is extremely unsafe on block. >_> It's has pretty good startup, but you can see the move coming a mile away.
...you can tell when any character is ready to go in for their best killing move, predicability separates good players from bad:ohwell:. good kirby players will pressure until one is forced to land with a dodge. that move is hard as hell to dodge when landing..........

The only attack i can think of offhand that has priority over it is ZSS' down B its the best option when landing but theres prob a handfull of moves that cancel or beat it on ground

Anth0ny

Smash Master
Best KO move in game considering versatility and power overall is Waft.

Best KO move in game considering reliability and range is probably Snake's Utilt.
/thread

If I had to pick one of the two, I'd probably give the nod to uptilt. But those two are definitely the two best in the game.

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
...you can tell when any character is ready to go in for their best killing move, predicability separates good players from bad:ohwell:. good kirby players will pressure until one is forced to land with a dodge. that move is hard as hell to dodge when landing..........

The only attack i can think of offhand that has priority over it is ZSS' down B its the best option when landing but theres prob a handfull of moves that cancel or beat it on ground
Wario's bite will beat it from the air as well.

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
OK if i made a tier list of best KO moves it would go like this.

1. Snake: Up Tilt
2. Snake: Foward Tilt
3. MetaKnight: Up B
4. MetaKnight: Down Smash
5. Game&Watch: Down Smash
6. KingDDD: Up Tilt
7. Kirby: Foward Smash
8. Game&Watch: Foward Smash
9. Luigi: Foward smash
10. Donky Kong: Down smash
11. Wario: Down B (Best used right before 2 min of it charging)
12. Donkey Kong: Foward Smash
13. Snake: Back air
14. Snake: Up air
15. Snake: Neutral air
16. Snake: Grenade
17. KingDDD: Back Air
18. Snake: Down B
19. Game&Watch: Up Smash
20. Luigi: Up B
21. Ike: Up Smash
22. Marth: Foward Smash
23. Ike: Up Tilt
24. Diddy Kong: Down Smash
25. Ike: Back Air
You put lots of moves on here that stale a lot in the game, plus DI often affects them.
Also, if you're going to have marth fsmash, at least have things like lucario and wario fsmash, which are prolly a bit better overall. And wario's fart.

tuestresfat

Smash Apprentice
I pretty much have to give my unbiased vote to snake's utilt, but mk's up-b is a seriously close second.

I've just seen so many offstage up-b GIMPS it's absolutely crazy. And to hit in the air with that sort of horizontal knockback, pretty **** good. At the same it (hopefully) gets you back to safety leaving your opponent to eat your dust.

my biased vote however, goes to FALCON.......................PAWNCH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Cirno

Smash Journeyman
The frame advantage is only like 17 on front, only a few characters can actually take advantage.

Few meaning viable?

And even then a couple exceptions

When fighting against MK you should be trying to powershield everything anyway except for the tornado. If you mess up at least you won't be blocking too long and can retaliate. Try it out as a little experiment. It's really the only reason fsmash becomes useful in high levels of play. It's pretty safe on shield but the startup is really iffy.

Throwback

Smash Lord
ITT: Players who apparently never get hit by moves with a start-up of more than 7 frames.

edit: on-topic, snake-s u-tilt, and fox's usmash get my vote. MK's upB too.

jpl315

Smash Apprentice
the more i think about it....id say mk's shuttle is better than snakes utilt....gimps like crazy

SmashBrosForce

Smash Ace
the more i think about it....id say mk's shuttle is better than snakes utilt....gimps like crazy
I agree with you.

MK's Shuttle Loop has much more useful purposes than Snake's Utilt.

Snake's Utilt is just a Good KO Move.

:mad:

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
I agree with you.

MK's Shuttle Loop has much more useful purposes than Snake's Utilt.

Snake's Utilt is just a Good KO Move.
Snake Utilt can't be caped by Mario for a kill.
Utilt can stagespiked, just like Shuttle Loop.
You can use Utilt to recover.

SmashBrosForce

Smash Ace
Snake Utilt can't be caped by Mario for a kill.
Utilt can stagespiked, just like Shuttle Loop.
You can use Utilt to recover.
MK's Shuttle Loop can be Followed by Good Combos too.

Straked what do you prefer, MK's Shuttle Loop or Snake's Utilt ?

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
Utilt will always be more reliable.

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
That's all you really need.

Snake Ftilt x3 + 'nades/C4, then Utilt when they're at 110%.

SmashBrosForce

Smash Ace
It's ability to be followed up with combos has nothing to do with whether or not it's a good KILL MOVE.
Yeah, I agree with you. It's a good kill move, I just talked about possible Follow Ups.

EDIT: Ray Kalm Niam, I don't think so, look at the matches of M2K, Amazing Combos with Shuttle Loop. I just talked about Follow Ups. Do not mention it Kalm Niam.

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
Yeah, I agree with you. It's a good kill move, I just talked about possible Follow Ups.
Why would we talk about possible followups when they don't matter? There's no true followups that either move can set up.

If by amazing combos via Shuttle Loop, you mean a 1-hit attack, then yes.

smashkng

Smash Lord
NNID
Smashsk
3DS FC
0318-7423-9293
With Snake:
Down throw-predict roll-up tilt kill. Great for those with slow and/or short rolls.

SmashBrosForce

Smash Ace
Why would we talk about possible followups when they don't matter? There's no true followups that either move can set up.

If by amazing combos via Shuttle Loop, you mean a 1-hit attack, then yes.
Follows Ups really doesn't matter in this Thread. Let's stop talk about Possible Follows Ups.

Utilt ***** then.

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
You were the one JUST talking about how Shuttle Loop was better because it has these super-cool combos.

SmashBrosForce

Smash Ace
You were the one JUST talking about how Shuttle Loop was better because it has these super-cool combos.
Sorry then, If I didn't talked about the best KO Move.

I think we could sometimes talk about diffent things with same purposes.

EDIT: Insetick, I think is your first post in this thread, Anyway, If not... Do not mention that I'm off topic, Hold on you !

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
Different things with the same purposes?

That's what this thread is about. Different moves that perform the same action. Kill goodly.

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
Sorry then, If I didn't talked about the best KO Move.

I think we could sometimes talk about diffent things with same purposes.
That would be why forums have this function that allow you to make different threads, for, you know, when you want to talk about a different topic.

SmashBrosForce

Smash Ace
That would be why forums have this function that allow you to make different threads, for, you know, when you want to talk about a different topic.
Ok then. I see no problem talk about Follow Ups too. Let's stop then? Since, Straked solved this problem...

I'm Wrong ok ?

Thanks.

prince_of_darkness

Smash Cadet
Snake's up tilt.

More discussion...

Now, To spice things up and prevent forum clutter,

What is the best Aerial Ko Move?

(Excluding all special moves, Waft, SL, ect..)

kozimoto

Smash Journeyman
Niagara Falls NY. US , Strasbourg, France
MK's Shuttle Loop can be Followed by Good Combos too.

Straked what do you prefer, MK's Shuttle Loop or Snake's Utilt ?
I'd much rather be hit by Mk's Shuttle loop, I never had died by the hands of that move before like 70 offstage. so what.... id prefer not to be rewarded by getting an invisable foot shoved up my *** when you have to dodge stripped grenades and foward tilts all match.

mk's SL is decent as a grounded move on stage but if you dont expect that when approaching MK you should be approaching at all:dizzy:

Top Bottom