• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Best levels for Meta???

CPG33

Smash Rookie
Him just curious which are the best levels for meta knight destruction? For example, which levels to counter pick when playing as meta? Advice is much appreciated...thanks in advance

Quez256

Smash Journeyman
Just a question: Why is skyworld good? I seem to get owned there by Ikes all the time...
Platforms are always good, if you position yourself right, it's possible to DC through the ground, so the respawning level really isn't a hinderance, but your opponent is still stuck with that disadvantage. Oh, and Affinity, can't believe I forgot PS 1 -.-

Edit: It seems that some levels like Norfair & Shyworld are often overlooked since using DC is usually required to take advantage of it.

Double edit: That trick I mentioned for Skyworld also works with the drill rush if it's angled straight up. Might've had that confused with DC, but I think both work.

zaf

Smash Lord
luigi's mansion for sure.

yoshi story and battlefield, if you are good at beating your opponents with platforms

samdaballer

Smash Ace
How is Smashville for MK?
i personally love that stage and its a stage that favors mk. I like to edgeguard my opponent, then land on the moving platform to regain all my jumps, then continue edgeguarding. It's a pretty good stage to counterpick against a camper because you can camp on the upper platform

xS A M U R A Ix

Smash Ace
You know I never really considered sky world / norfair, but I can see how they could be good. I usually just hate norfair for obvious reasons though. Honestly, there's not many BAD levels for MK. He's just a versatile character.

OverLade

Smash Hero
Frigate Orpheon is beastly, especially for MK dittos. I dunno if it's just me, but it seems to throw other MK players off. I've twice 2 stocked someone who beat my in the previous match by counterpicking orpheon. Brinstar has worked against me though.
I think Jungle japes is good because the ceiling is so high, so Snake and D3's Utilt aren't as useful anymore.

Affinity

Smash Hero
NNID
Affinity2412
whats best for mk?
FD
Battlefield
Smashville

huh? huuuh?
It really depends on who you're playing.

Against projectile spammers, don't pick FD. Against platform lovers like Snake, don't pick Battlefield of Smashville.

Crizthakidd

Smash Champion
battlefield is too good but final destination for the gimp! lol as for conterpicks i like delfino, luigis, rainbow cruise

Clouderz

Smash Ace
all the neutrals for me, especially battlefield cause you can make good mindgamez on platforms for fairs / nairs

and pokemon stadium 1 of course XP

Zinc Elemental

Smash Journeyman
Personally, my set of counterpicks is Luigi's Mansion and Rainbow Cruise. Rainbow cruise is a lot of fun against people with poor recovery, and Luigi's Mansion is just good in general for MK, but especially against projectile spammers.

I've been stuck CPing battlefield against ROB, since I don't know where else gives me an advantage over him. Anyone have any suggestions for that?

Top Bottom