• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Best Lucario Stage

shadepaw

Smash Apprentice
I'm a casual player that would like to improve on my skills, and also likes to make stages. So I was wondering, what would be the 'perfect' or best stage for Lucario. If there isn't a select, why not make one?

So I'm asking, what would be a good design for a custom stage that'd give Lucario the advantage?

Samuelson

Smash Lord
Luigi's Mansion is good because players usually last until later percents on that stage which is good for Lucario because he gets an Aura boost.

Final Destination and Frigate Orpheon are also good stages for Lucario as long as you know how to wall cling from Extreme Speed.

Of course you have to take into account the character your opponent is using.

Rapid_Assassin

Smash Master
For a custom stage? Lots of walls to tech and live forever. A wall to cling to for recovery.

shadepaw

Smash Apprentice
So, lots of walls, and maybe ceilings for survivability? And walls that keep going down for recovery.

Kitamerby

Smash Hero
Yoshi's Island is his best stage.
Except it isn't. Sometimes, the walls gimp you when you try to recover into them, one of our most problematic matchups, Wolf, also loves the stage, and it helps too many other people with their recoveries, like Fox. Also, we can't Dair stagespike there.

If Luigi's mansion had a wall underneath it, it'd be called "Lucario's Pad."

Timbers

check me out
I'm starting to grow onto battlefield. Shunned it before but I do like it now. It protects Luc exceptionally well.

Zero_Gamer

Smash Master
Lylat should be a counterpick, the stage tilts which messes with the player's projectiles which messes with players' strategies. A stage deemed "neutral" is not supposed to do this.

I always ban Yoshi's Island, I hate the stage. lol

Clevr

Smash Apprentice
I didn't say that Yoshi's Island was bad for Wolf or Fox, did I? If you know how to use Extreme Speed properly, you shouldn't gimp yourself on the walls. It's so easy to 3-stock people here. The plat form is the perfect height for SH Nair and Uair and Aura Spheres.

Yoshi's Island is one of Lucario's best stages. I forgot about Luigi's Mansion.

Trapt497

Smash Ace
my favortie lucario stage is battlefield. I guarentee its the stage my lucario has played on the most.

Trapt497

Smash Ace
flat surfaces that are long enough to make it less likely that an edge would interupt any force palm chaingrab you might want to pull off. Make the sides of the main fighting platform flat and easy to wallgrab onto, enough space in the air to pull off aerial combos without getting interupted by a platform or something.

There's probably a thousand different answers to this.

Kappie

Smash Apprentice
Jungle Japes anyone? friggin friggin huge stage horizontal and vertical. Platform is nice.

Falcord

Smash Apprentice
I like final destination. Dunno why, I think thanks to the endless forcepalm grabs and the fact that it gimps many player's recoveries, while mine is not only unnaffected, but even improved.

Top Bottom