• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Best Lucario

Khosan

Smash Rookie
A tournament on wifi is roughly akin to injecting Olympic athletes with large amounts of cobra venom and telling them to do their thing.

Everyone's ability is severely crippled, they don't feel like they're in control of their body and everyone's probably going to drop for some reason.

Coen

BRoomer
BRoomer
1) Wifi matches don't tell anything about a player's real skill.
2) I can't emphasize it enough: DITTO MATCHES DO NOT DETERMINE WHO THE BETTER PLAYER IS. It just determines who is better at Lucario vs Lucario. Just think about it:

Say, in Melee a Fox player trains exclusively against Sheik during his career. Because of this, he will likely have less trouble against a Sheik in a tournament than against another character. Another Fox player exclusively plays Fox vs Fox during his career. Same thing applies. Assume both players face their good matchup as much as the other player does and both lose to all other characters that they are not specifically trained against. Both players generally place equally in tournaments. (As you can see, this is a mere example that does not deal with the chance of an opposing player playing said character. Instead, I'm assuming both players face equally many good and bad matchups. Keep in mind this is a perfect example to illustrate how ditto matches don't determine who's the better play). Now when both Fox players will face eachother, according to common logic, the Fox player with loads of Fox vs Fox experience will easily win. What can be said about the skill of both the winning and the losing player? Fill me in....

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
Me thought this wasn't allowed. After all, I've learned the hard way that even suggesting something outside of Lucario Brawl tactics will get the thread closed (sorry Coen, me should have stuck to "Mindgame tactics" for the name thread). And Coen's right. Ditto games don't determine. In my opinion, a spanned-out Lucario (one that has become at least the "jack of all Lucario tactics") is the best.
P.S. Don't use Wifi as a means of determining uberness.

Top Bottom