• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Best luigi partner choices......

boss8

Smash Hero
this thread is simply here to tell you what character is REALLY reliable in teams....im not saying that any character isnt (cause it really relys on the player) but who would be the best character choices.....

MR Game And Watch-

You may not think so but this little 2D fighter can get you through tough times....personally i like to call this team (low percent danger zone) yea if your opponents are over 30/40% then they better be on their toes.With GaW's bucket....his 9 hammer...and his super strong smash attacks i dont think there is anymore you can ask for except a partner that does the same thing....luigi also kills at low %'s with his up-B his super strong f-smash and his ability to combo/rack up damage i dont think this team gets any gayer..but they do.....if you opponents decide to camp...use that time to fill your bucket.....and/or bucket what your opponents are throwing either way they are in for a surprise once u've gotten it filled....this team IMO is by far the gayest in brawl.....:laugh:

Olimar-

Yes olimar... there is a secret you should no that his grab's have no knockback on you using your up-b so its just as powerfu as when your doing a standard up-b O_O olimar racks up damage like a monster....and does'nt take alot of damage (depending on the player) but you must keep your eyes on olimar due to him getting gimped (possibly) so yea....another thing is an auto combo...from olimars grab which is..... (olimar...Dthrow....luigi dair.....olimar.....Uair <------this alone leads to atleast 42%......then another grab from olimar (because his grab is broken) then u up-B sounds simple but only do this in a situation when your ready...i think you all no how this goes about....lol

IMO those are the best teammates for luigi....

send me some comments....

crewster

Smash Lord
I hear that limar racks up damage quickly.

Luigi is good at KOing so he would be good.

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
Wario. 2 upairs = 34% damage, lol. If you have port priority you can also up b people out of his bites, his dthrow sets up perfectly for upangled fsmash kills and your dthrow sets up for easy wafts and pretty much anything. He also tanks like a monster and is small and doesn't get in your way b/c of lack of range.

BigLøu

Smash Lord
this thread is simply here to tell you what character is REALLY reliable in teams....im not saying that any character isnt (cause it really relys on the player) but who would be the best character choices.....

MR Game And Watch-

You may not think so but this little 2D fighter can get you through tough times....personally i like to call this team (low percent danger zone) yea if your opponents are over 30/40% then they better be on their toes.With GaW's bucket....his 9 hammer...and his super strong smash attacks i dont think there is anymore you can ask for except a partner that does the same thing....luigi also kills at low %'s with his up-B his super strong f-smash and his ability to combo/rack up damage i dont think this team gets any gayer..but they do.....if you opponents decide to camp...use that time to fill your bucket.....and/or bucket what your opponents are throwing either way they are in for a surprise once u've gotten it filled....this team IMO is by far the gayest in brawl.....:laugh:

Olimar-

Yes olimar... there is a secret you should no that his grab's have no knockback on you using your up-b so its just as powerfu as when your doing a standard up-b O_O olimar racks up damage like a monster....and does'nt take alot of damage (depending on the player) but you must keep your eyes on olimar due to him getting gimped (possibly) so yea....another thing is an auto combo...from olimars grab which is..... (olimar...Dthrow....luigi dair.....olimar.....Uair <------this alone leads to atleast 42%......then another grab from olimar (because his grab is broken) then u up-B sounds simple but only do this in a situation when your ready...i think you all no how this goes about....lol

Olimar, da best luigi partner ever......

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
ah Luigi... I remember teaming with one... we didn't do well together...

I would go for the high five but he would want to pound it...

Ike/Luigi just aren't syncable ;o

KC18

Smash Journeyman
i agree that olimar and G&W are good partners for luigi, i also feel that diddy would be a great partner for luigi as well( provided the diddy player is smart and careful about glide tossing). good combo ability between the 2, also luigi has a deadly glide toss of his own which can lead to up b, angled f-smash, d-smash etc.

PolMex23

Smash Champion
GaW and Olimar...

Took it from my own head...

I teamed with a mediocre GaW an got 5th at a big tourney in Fl...

Yonder

Smashboard's 1st Sole Survivor
NNID
Skullicide
3DS FC
4055-4053-1813
...Dont we already have a thread lik this?

PolMex23

Smash Champion
this one is by boss....

so this one more important...

If you dont know now u know this Polmex talkin back in action how you been Prime?(transformers joke *imitation of Blaster*)

Hes the boss so better listen. Anyways he just put up the two characters Luigis hould always team with really, unless u wit dem high tiers

KrazyGlue

Smash Champion
The only problem with working with game and watch or olimar is that you'd have a pretty light team, and if you partnered with wario you'd have an almost projectile-less team with short range. I would think someone like snake would be good, with super heavy weight, many projectiles, and great ground moves to work with luigi's great aerial game.

BearJaw

Smash Cadet
I teamed with a Snake last night and it seemed to go very well. We dominated against another Snake and a D3. MetaKnight isn't a bad choice either, that is if he's good and doesn't flail about killing Weegee with a Dsmash.

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
The only problem with working with game and watch or olimar is that you'd have a pretty light team, and if you partnered with wario you'd have an almost projectile-less team with short range. I would think someone like snake would be good, with super heavy weight, many projectiles, and great ground moves to work with luigi's great aerial game.
Projectiles are less important in doubles than they are in singles. Ability to quickly cover distance (via running, air speed, or other move) in order to support/double team as needed is much more vital imo.

hippiedude92

Smash Hero

MR Game And Watch-

Olimar-

wheres mario huh?!!????? you forgot the mario bros :(.... i never thought olimar would be good lol. i saw wes's and dire's gaw / zss team combo with the bucket ****ing mindgames on the bucket... im still looking for a perm tag partner just suited for me... i might just pick up gaw just so we can go cheap with bucketl olzzz

and yes we have this kind of topic, alia's team discussion thread. We can just add boss's post to his topic

btw this was a good topic. i needed this boss def... i still pretty new to the tourney doubles scene... its more interesting then i thought...

Atash

Smash Apprentice
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=209200

That'd be the old topic - but it's more of an in-depth discussion rather than a brainstorm/brief-overview discussion. This appears to be constructive for getting people to wrap their heads around some new ideas and debating them while the other thread seems to be for the purpose of looking at compilations of ideas. The difference in perception makes this thread more open to general theorycraft and tangential notes in my opinion (thus its possible necessity). :-)

My opinion is that we should keep both topics and scan this topic regularly for interesting points... and use the interesting ideas that come up here while discussing specific teams in the other topic.

As for the 'gayest' team in Brawl... At least for the beginning level of play, the most ridiculous team (with friendly attack on) has got to be either ZSS + G&W or Pikachu + G&W. I mean, seriously, new players once they learn this trick can pull it off so easily and profit.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I used to main Olimar, and boy are his grab games insane... If you can manage to facilitate his proper usage of the different colors of pikmin (watch his back on the ground when he has out a red and is in the air, get ready to catch a B-thrown opponent when he has out a blue, an upwards flying opponent when he has out a purple [F-smash or U-throw with purple = purely vertical knockback], etc. etc.) then there's no end to the in-game silent communication the team can manage... Granted, such a task would be very difficult for the Luigi player (to the point of near impossibility)... But it'd still be friggin' awesome.

As for G&W... Turtle turtle turtle turtle turtle turtle turtle turtle CREDIT CARD BIZNATCH turtle turtle turtle turtle NINE turtle turtle turtle fishbowl turtle turtle KEYBLADE turtle BREAKFAST SHIELD!!! turtle turtle turtle turtle manhole turtle turtle flag turtle flag flag turtle turtle turtle ZOMG HE'S BLOWING KISSES AT PEOPLE turtle turtle turtle turtle turtle turtle turtle chair turtle FLAME!

At least, that's how I played him while looking for a new main to replace Olimar (and before finding the green thunder all over again >_< )...

LuigiKing

Smash Lord
I wanna say Wario would be one of the best teammates for Luigi... Both have top notch kill power, and in doubles that means even more since you tend to land more KO moves. I don't know about Olimar though, I can imagine myself accidentally nairing away far too many pikmin =p

From personal experience though.... don't team with Zelda O_o

Eten

Smash Ace
Snake!! Tanks damage, excellent power, screws MK up pretty well. You can't ask for better than that.

However my favorite team player is someone fast. Sonic becomes at least twice as good in team games because he can get around the stage so quickly.

kigbariom

Smash Lord
I think Snake would work because he is a good Luigi main secondary. Just dong what Luigi can't and there is a mix of combos that are possible.

I still think Mario & Luigi are the coolest and greatest combo out there.

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
yeah I agree, mario and luigi are one of the best team combo's in the game if you put a little effort into it, you can just combo juggle and bounce your opponents everywhere and having luigi's kill power plus marios gimp ability means you can deal with pretty much any character.
also works well with snake if luigi stays in the air alot so snake can do his gound thing and luigi takes care of the air.

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
Oh yeah, with G&W, here are two things you need to know about him.

1. Up-smash. Seriously, G&W's Up-smash is BROKEN in teams. It KOs almost as low as Luigi's Up-B, and it has no ending lag. Watch your partner as he should be charging Up-smashes a lot, especially if you get a grab. A fully charged Up-smash IIRC kills even earlier than Luigi's Up-B. It's crazy good, and in teams, it's much easier to land.

2. U-air. This will save your life. G&W's U-air can cancel momentum from knockback on a teammate. Not to mention obviously help recoveries, but seriously, the momentum cancel on this is too good. It works both against vertical and horizontal knockback.

Also one more thing, just be wary that filling up G&W's Bucket also means he can't Bucket Brake.

Top Bottom