• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Best Movie Ever Created?

ExCeL 52

Smash Lord
Yep that one big question...

What IS the Best movie EVER?

In my opinon its Shawshank Redemption...

Close ones are American History X, Gladiator, Wanted, and Dark Knight ...

What do you think?

Colenstien

Smash Ace
You have a problem with kids turing into kittens, befriending Elivis impersonating roosters, and taking down tyrannical owls?

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
Really dude?

Really?
You listed Seven Pounds. You're not allowed to make fun of anyone else's choice. :bee:

But honestly, the best movie ever made is The Great Mouse Detective.

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
Seven pounds is a great movie.
I'll admit that I haven't seen it myself. But I know of several critics who disagree with you. Strongly. From the first trailer I saw, it just looks like Oscar bait. And the reviews I've read only affirm that idea.

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
I don't think I will. Seems like a waste of money to me. I'll be sure to catch it on TV or something though, because I am curious to see exactly why it's getting the responses it's getting. Most reviewers are keeping pretty hush-hush on the specifics of the plot.

Regardless, my point is that with so many people against the movie, I think it's fair to say that it isn't any closer to being "the best movie ever made" than Rock-a-doodle.

ExCeL 52

Smash Lord
I don't think I will. Seems like a waste of money to me. I'll be sure to catch it on TV or something though, because I am curious to see exactly why it's getting the responses it's getting. Most reviewers are keeping pretty hush-hush on the specifics of the plot.

Regardless, my point is that with so many people against the movie, I think it's fair to say that it isn't any closer to being "the best movie ever made" than Rock-a-doodle.
I didnt state it being the best movie ever created I said close...
Nothing will ever touch Shawshank

Idk why people are gettin mixed feeling over the movie. Some Love it and many Hate it .. I guess its just the type of person you are.

smashbot226

Smash Master

Spire

III
BRoomer
I know this thread will never settle, but I'd like to be the first to nominate:

BLADE RUNNER

Thank you.

Dash_Fox

Smash Ace
There's no such thing as a best movie ever it's just like asking what's the best car ever or the best video game ever or best anime ever. It just doesn't work because everyone has their own taste for things.

ALSO ARMY OF DARKNESS.

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
Daniel Craig's eyes are TOO BLUE. I don't understand them. They must be tampered with.

Also, Fight Club is definitely one of my favorites. Edward Norton is brilliant in that movie.

Crimson King

I am become death
BRoomer
There Will Be Blood and the Departed are in my top 10, then American History X and Fight Club are also in there as is Requiem for a Dream, but my favorite movie of all time: Taxi Driver. I mean look at the avatar...

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
There Will Be Blood and the Departed are in my top 10, then American History X and Fight Club are also in there as is Requiem for a Dream, but my favorite movie of all time: Taxi Driver. I mean look at the avatar...
Requiem for a Dream made me feel ill after I watched it the first time. Everyone gets ****ed in that movie. It was great, but I don't think I would watch it again intentionally.

I was meaning to see There Will Be Blood....

Crimson King

I am become death
BRoomer
Truth be told, I love Requiem for a Dream because of Clint Mansell's amazing soundtrack.

Blackadder

Smash Master
I dunno, Clockwork the movie is pretty good too.

*beams*

Pulp Fiction is pretty beyond awesome. ... Y'know, actually, I can't really say my favorite movie. There are too many great ones.

I'll just say A Goofy Movie and walk off.

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
Truth be told, I love Requiem for a Dream because of Clint Mansell's amazing soundtrack.
You know, that's not such a bad reason. That soundtrack is legendary. I heard music from Requiem before I ever saw a single shot of it.

I've never seen A Clockwork Orange. That's another flick I should stick on my to-watch list.

kigbariom

Smash Lord
My favorite (not actually movie but mini-series) was and always will be Band of Brothers.
It is flawless, the best piece of film in the history of man.

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
I loved Shawshank Redemption.. i don't really know why anyone wouldn;t. Fight Club was great too, but I just wish I read the book first cause the books are always better.

Catch Me if You Can and City of God are two movies that had such an impact on me.
The Prestige is another good one, which was basically one huge mind****.
Tarzan is probably my best animated/childrens movie... by far. Phil Collins is beast.

Viroxor

Smash Ace
My favorite movies are Pulp Fiction, The Hunchback Of Notre Dame (The Disney version), and Blade Runner.

You know what they call a quarter-pounder with cheese in France?

Top Bottom