• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

best neutral B

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zenjamin

Smash Lord
my friend and i were having an arguement on which is better.

falcos lasers or sheiks needles.

which do you think is better and why?

quak

Smash Champion
lasers fer sure

faster, killer approchal, compliments falco's game, some people would say it makes it.

needles deal alot of damage, and they tear through other projectiles, but aren't spamed nearly as much cause of the lag.

Fletch

Smash Master
Definitely lasers, but Sheik's needles are probably the 2nd best projectile/neutral B in the game.

ximrekcuf

Smash Apprentice
Yah lazer is much better. No contest, can be spammed like crazy from afar, and dont have as much lag as needles.

quak

Smash Champion
dude, **** link's bow.

For one, y.links bow is better, more stun

For two, his bombs and his boomerang are both better, more damage, less lag, more stun.

For three, missels, pills, turnips, and charge shot are sooooo much better.

adonnis85

Smash Apprentice
lasers then needles then kirby's... cause if he is playing with a falco he can actually become a competent character...

Respawn

Smash Journeyman
In the shadows. Or NE Ohio. Whichever sounds bette
dude, **** link's bow.

For one, y.links bow is better, more stun

For two, his bombs and his boomerang are both better, more damage, less lag, more stun.

For three, missels, pills, turnips, and charge shot are sooooo much better.
I believe it was a joke. No one uses Link's bow. It's almost worthless. Sure, in the right situation, yeah. But most of the time, no.

Lasers are better than needles.
I vote PK Thunder for versatility. Definitely not #1, but it is very useful.

Aiko

Smash Champion
Lasers no.1 easy.

Fox's laser is pretty good too. Ok no stun, but you can SHDL which is great.
Samus's missles can be nasty if used right too. With missile cancelling, you can get twice as many and thats nasty o_O

Corigames

Smash Hero
Well, if they can short-hop lazer, then Falco wins. If not, NEEDLES. They can stop a fully charged Samus shot with 1 needle. It stops both missiles and can move diagonally to hit people from above.

Psi

Smash Cadet
I vote PK Thunder for versatility. Definitely not #1, but it is very useful.
That's one that many people forget. It has a zillion uses like tail whipping, preventing sweets spots, saving team mates, continuing combos and probably a ton more that I'm forgetting.

Smash Master
People, neutral B doesn't include missles, turnips, etc... Well, hmmm...
1. Falco
2. Sheik
3. Samus
4. DK
5. Fox
6. Dr. Mario
7. Kirby
8. Zelda
9. Pikachu
10. Pichu
11. Roy
12. Marth
13. Mewtwo
14. Mario
15. IC's
16. Link
17. Young Link
18. Mr. Game and Watch
19. Jigglypuff
20. Luigi
21. Yoshi
22. Bowser
23. Captain Falcon
24. Peach
25. Ness
26. Ganondorf

This is just off the top of my head. I know it's wrong but w/e

Z-N_Freak

Smash Ace
Zelda has way to much lag. She must be somewhere in the bottem imo and Ness it at the right place. His PK FLASH is just bad xD

PK Thunder is Up B lol :p

Psi

Smash Cadet
Haha. D'oh. Respawn tricked me into it. But Pk flash has gotta be better than falcon punch and bowser's fire breath. At least it has its edge guarding use. I can't think of a single use for falcon punch.

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
Lasers, because they can intercept shiek's needles if at long range (not close range if im correct) and neutralize them.

Zink

Smash Champion
You can in fact use Falcon Punch. Since you can shorthop it, you can do a tricksy move- moonwalk or long shorthop from across the stage, and you can time it so you fall past the opposite edge and FP hits just below and outside the edge, right where people recover. Can be a funny kill :)

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
People, neutral B doesn't include missles, turnips, etc... Well, hmmm...
1. Falco
2. Sheik
3. Samus
4. DK
5. Fox
6. Dr. Mario
7. Kirby
8. Zelda
9. Pikachu
10. Pichu
11. Roy
12. Marth
13. Mewtwo
14. Mario
15. IC's
16. Link
17. Young Link
18. Mr. Game and Watch
19. Jigglypuff
20. Luigi
21. Yoshi
22. Bowser
23. Captain Falcon
24. Peach
25. Ness
26. Ganondorf

This is just off the top of my head. I know it's wrong but w/e
I agree with the first 2... But your list isn't very accurate. I mean, how come Samus' Charge Shot is deserving 10 places above Mewtwo's Shadow Ball? Both moves are just as strong, with imo Mewtwo's might even be better because of extra recovery...

Roy and Marth's B moves are ****. They only look cool. Zelda's B is also just terrible, I'd put Toad above it any day of the week.

A more acurate list imo would be:

1. Falco
2. Sheik
3. Dr.Mario
4. Samus / Mewtwo
5. Donkey Kong
6. Fox
7. Ice Climbers
8. Mario
9. Pikachu / Pichu
10. Young Link
11. Luigi
12. Mr. Game & Watch
13. Peach
14. Marth / Roy
16. Link
17. Zelda
18. Jigglypuff
19. Captain Falcon
20. Ganondorf
21. Ness
22. Yoshi

But this is just all out of my mind to...

Respawn

Smash Journeyman
In the shadows. Or NE Ohio. Whichever sounds bette
Haha. D'oh. Respawn tricked me into it. But Pk flash has gotta be better than falcon punch and bowser's fire breath. At least it has its edge guarding use. I can't think of a single use for falcon punch.
The key is to make it sound like you're serious. I was going to say the Warlock punch, to get a few quick giggles, but Andromeda already did something like that before I could get my post in.

Pranks > Jokes

Smash Master
Why does everyone say Y. Link's arrows are better than Link's arrows. I mean yeah they have teh fire, but Link is taller, so his arrows have more range.

Oh, and the reason I thought Marth/Roy's B moves were good is because I saw Ken using Marth's Shield Breaker on a relatively frequent basis. It's like a weaker slower f-smash that you can use in the air.

mood4food77

Smash Hero
zelda's b is a very good move, it destroys lasers, and about every other projectile in the game, toad sucks

since when is the falcon punch better than fire breath, fire breath can be used, falcon punch practically never

mewtwo's and samus' charge shots are not THAT good, they're good, but not amazing, DK's punch is better, much better, also mewtwo's shadow ball is better than samus' charged shot because it has a weird projectory, it hits more often

the list is way off, i mean way way off

Corigames

Smash Hero
zelda's b is a very good move, it destroys lasers, and about every other projectile in the game, toad sucks

since when is the falcon punch better than fire breath, fire breath can be used, falcon punch practically never

mewtwo's and samus' charge shots are not THAT good, they're good, but not amazing, DK's punch is better, much better, also mewtwo's shadow ball is better than samus' charged shot because it has a weird projectory, it hits more often

the list is way off, i mean way way off
I think you are confused about the Samus/Mew 2 portion. Samus hits way more ofetn than the slower moving Dark Ball thing. If you want to say that Mew 2 is better because people get hurt while he charges, doesn't lose it when attempts and gets stopped, can charge in the air, or that it moves weird, then you have a convincing debate. Dk's punch is only better because it can't be reversed back on him without a counter move, but other than that NO.

Trespayne

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Trespayne
Yea, falco definitely has the best with his lasers, and needles are great also. Needles do have some things that laser doesnt have though. Needles can be thrown on a diagonal down to ledge guard when your opponent is below the level, which if you do it at the right time, could make them fall low enough to die or give you a good oppertunity to wave dash onto the ledge and steal it. Also needles can give more damage quickly at one point which is usually a good 16%.

I think D-Mar's pills are pretty good too if used correctly, but definitely falco's lasers are the best.

mood4food77

Smash Hero
retreating fire breath, very good tactic, and sometimes a random one out of a shield is good too

mewtwo's shadow ball has a very weird projectory making it very hard to judge where it goes sometimes, samus' is much easier to tell where it goes, and you can sidestep samus', not mewtwo's, also you can't reflect mewtwo's back at him most times and hit him, samus you can, why i think mewtwo's is better

Skler

Smash Master
Kirby when he sucked in a falco = best neutral B (Kirby's SHL is better then falco's, he shoots 3 of them in one SH). If you mean a neutral B that is always there then of course falco's blaster. Needles are great and all, but you just can't beat the blaster.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom