• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Best Pichu Player?

RomeDogg

Smash Journeyman
Who is the best Pichu pro players there ever were or who is the best Pichu pro currently? I know Korean Dj played him but what about more recently?

DerfMidWest

Fresh ******
Slippi.gg
SOFA#941
No T0mmy is ***.
Outdated metagame/oldschool mentality.
Also arrogant

But honestly if youre looking for good pichu's:
Unknown522's pichu is undoubtably the best.
Nicknyte's pichu is really good too.
S0ft's pichu (lil' andy) is also decent
I think J3ly has a pretty alright pichu too

I think my (xAesirGOD) pichu (and somewhat ICG's) have a better mix of technical play (useful agility stuff, doraki gimmicks, OoS stuff, ledge cancels, etc)
ICG's pichu is a lot more spontaneous than mine and makes a lot more... ******** choices. That's just how he plays.
He still does some pretty cool stuff and you can learn a lot from watching him.
All my pichu videos are old anyway.

Bing

Smash Master
My Pichu is so Boss.

But seriously, its definitely the best, but he stopped playing Pichu almost a year ago or so(I challenge him to the ditto every time I see him).

ICG's Pichu is bad... Last I saw(Apex 2012) he couldn't do the most basic of combos.

Pichu Guru

Smash Apprentice
I'm the only pro Pichu it looks like........since I'm the only one.......I guess that means I'm THE WORLD'S GREATEST PICHU PLAYER!! But seriously, I must be the first to have plans of using Pichu at Apex.

DerfMidWest

Fresh ******
Slippi.gg
SOFA#941
I'm the only pro Pichu it looks like........since I'm the only one.......I guess that means I'm THE WORLD'S GREATEST PICHU PLAYER!! But seriously, I must be the first to have plans of using Pichu at Apex.
I just saw this post now. Better back that up man. I will absolutely shut you down in the ditto any day.

I'm also just gonna say, there has legitimately never been a "pro" pichu main.
You are not pro just by calling yourself pro, at the end of the day, it doesn't matter unless you bring home the paper, which is what being pro actually means.
You may be a player who uses pichu competitively, I did it for my first couple years in the competitive scene, but that doesn't mean **** if you don't have the results or the money to back it up.

proxibomb

Smash Clown
Look at M2K's Pichu, it's very odd in playstyle, especially the ledgeguard. I've heard Azen's Pichu was ridiculously good at mind games, which is what I feel Pichu could be good at.

DerfMidWest

Fresh ******
Slippi.gg
SOFA#941
disregard Azen's pichu. Totally different era. The game is a lot different now.It's similar to KDJ's pichu or T0mmy.respect what they were, learn the basics, but understand that it was a totally different metagame.

M2K's pichu is really optimal, which is how he plays in general.
It's good, mostly just because m2k does m2k things (doesn't drop tech chases, optimal spacing, etc)

essentially, it's just suuuuper strong fundamentals. But nothing more than that.

Last edited:

N1c2k3

Smash Lord
Do Tommy/Timmy even play anymore? I haven't seen them in ages. I'd probably say the best pichu overall is M2K just on principle, but the best Pichu "player" debate I think has become pretty difficult. I haven't seen a Pichu player in tourny in a while or on stream. Even on netplay, I'm the only one I've seen play. It's gonna be pretty hard to pin until we have some consistent vids of someone...

proxibomb

Smash Clown
Do Tommy/Timmy even play anymore? I haven't seen them in ages. I'd probably say the best pichu overall is M2K just on principle, but the best Pichu "player" debate I think has become pretty difficult. I haven't seen a Pichu player in tourny in a while or on stream. Even on netplay, I'm the only one I've seen play. It's gonna be pretty hard to pin until we have some consistent vids of someone...
I plan to go to Xanadu/VGBootcamp and get the stream streaming my Pichu playing. I try to get matches recorded so that I could see what I'm doing wrong. I'm sure you could do the same.

I plan to write a guide later on, so I could use your help with match ups, since the other matchup post is so outdated.

DerfMidWest

Fresh ******
Slippi.gg
SOFA#941
T0mmy hasn't played the game since like 06. And he wasn't ever really relevant.
He plays brawl now, last I heard.

N1c2k3

Smash Lord
I knew they played Brawl. I know they were active until '08 when it came out, since I saw them at a tourny that year. But yea I know T0mmy hasn't played in a while...

Top Bottom