• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Best ROB

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sudai

Stuff here
It's obviously T0MMY LAUGHING MY ****ING *** OFF!!!!

But no, based on tourney placement it'd be Overswarm or Maxx. Funny cause they are polar opposites regarding playstyle AND locale in the US.

frdagaa

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, either maxxx or OS. They both are very skilled (though in completely opposite ways). Is one better? OS is a little more established as a top-level R.O.B., but they're both very obviously highly skilled.

Since we're sorta on the subject, maxxx: get some more vids up! I want to see some more of this new "not camping" AT in action.

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
I dunno, I think Hugs is definitely up there too. You really gotta look at the competition they play regularly.

Fear The Force

Smash Cadet
I learned a lot of stuff from watching OS and maXXX's vids, but iMo I'll give this slot to maXXX. Naturally, I'm somewhat campy when I play R.O.B. myself, and OS is pretty nasty with his character spacing, and tilts. Nonetheless, I am extremely impressed with maXXX's ROB and I want to implement both of their strategies into one...

frdagaa

Smash Journeyman
I dunno, I think Hugs is definitely up there too. You really gotta look at the competition they play regularly.
Right, forgot about Hugs. Which I shouldn't ever do, since I played Samus in Melee. *hits self*

Hugs is definitely a top R.O.B., though I don't know if he's on the level with Maxxx or OS. I've seen a lot of OS stuff, not much from the other two: doesn't mean it's not there, but I just haven't heard/seen as much of the stuff coming from Cali, so I can't really make judgments about what's happening there.

And, of course, since the different regions mostly play within themselves, it's hard to compare across regions.

HugS

Smash Champion
Southern California (818) San fernando valley
Based on interchangeable results, there is a big difference in skill between the Socal competition and the AZ competition.

Maxxxpower is impressive, but I feel Shadow and Myself are better, though he is highly respected by the both of us (really, we talk about him at tournaments that he doesn't even attend). The Overswarm issue is iffy. My opinion on his local competition is not so high, but I am lacking results oriented facts to back it up. So for now I'll say, it's up in the air.

I don't mean to offend people, but this type of discussion is important to a character's metagame. Who doesn't want to be the best? Improvement happens when you have a bunch of players wanting to best the other.

So IMO

Shadow, Overswarm, Maxxxpower, and Myself, in no order. I do have my own opinions on the actual order, but I'll leave those out for now.

I know hardly anything about EC robs and their competition, but I am assuming their competition is good. The only reason I am not including Nacker and Chozen is because not only have I not heard of them playing outside competition, but I haven't heard of their competition playing any outside competition either. So really, it's all too centralized. And since I'm from the WC, I don't give in to all that "EC is automatically the best" hype. You know...

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
Nacker is really the only EC ROB that might be up there. He always plays the best competition on the EC (he beat Azen in tourney last week) and he consistently places top 10, which is more than I can say about any other EC ROB in a competitive area.

Chozen did well shortly after brawl came out, but he hasn't even been to a tourney in like 2 months.

Hey_Its_Nacker

Smash Lord
wow wheres the nacker love for the past 4 weeks ( theres been one tournament every week )ive gotten top 5 and before that i was getting top 10 every tournament except 2 or 3..... =(

edit: Jc is a cool guy

null55

Smash Master
Sudai doesn't seem to like this t0mmy guy very much. Is he the Rokku the reaper of these boards?
Anyway, my dog just peed on the carpet.

EDIT: "If this was an ugly dog I'd beat the s*** out of him." - my brother

soloSHADOWROB

Smash Journeyman
Based on interchangeable results, there is a big difference in skill between the Socal competition and the AZ competition.

Maxxxpower is impressive, but I feel Shadow and Myself are better, though he is highly respected by the both of us (really, we talk about him at tournaments that he doesn't even attend). The Overswarm issue is iffy. My opinion on his local competition is not so high, but I am lacking results oriented facts to back it up. So for now I'll say, it's up in the air.

I don't mean to offend people, but this type of discussion is important to a character's metagame. Who doesn't want to be the best? Improvement happens when you have a bunch of players wanting to best the other.

So IMO

Shadow, Overswarm, Maxxxpower, and Myself, in no order. I do have my own opinions on the actual order, but I'll leave those out for now.

I know hardly anything about EC robs and their competition, but I am assuming their competition is good. The only reason I am not including Nacker and Chozen is because not only have I not heard of them playing outside competition, but I haven't heard of their competition playing any outside competition either. So really, it's all too centralized. And since I'm from the WC, I don't give in to all that "EC is automatically the best" hype. You know...
Well said Hugo =] lol
Yea, at Nexus HugS and I were taling about maXXX
Nothing bad hes really good none the less.
As far as anything though HugS, maXXX, OS and I are sure the 4 ROB players known, unfortunately there is no order.
Im not going to say lets resolve it with tournament results, but there has to be a tourney where we all are together and see who we beat and how we place.
HugS and I have consistently placed top 5 for the most part the worst I think hes done was tied with 7th and the worst I did was 17th (eww) lol
But yea as for the most part people have got the right ROB players lol
Oh and give your personal opinion Hugo I want to know, it wont offend me if you say your a better ROB player =]
Competition bro =] haha
Oh but your a **** I wanted to beat BarDull, I wanted my rematch haha I think I can beat him now hough =] lol

soloSHADOWROB

Smash Journeyman
Dittos don't really mean anything in my book and Im sure as well as in HugS. Dittos just show that u know how to play against your own character.
The way to prove who has the best ROB is to see how well u place in tournaments and who u beat :)
Im not trying to say anything bad about maXXX because he is a great ROB but he needs to come to SoCal because here is where most of the competition is at same goes for OS.

Hey_Its_Nacker

Smash Lord

So IMO

Azen and chillen ***** Nj does that count ?

Ch0zen0ne

Smash Lord
Nacker and Chozen plan to have our names up on that list as of this Saturday, when we win critical hit..

Also.. to address the fact that Chozen has not been on the tourney scene very recently.. well...

1- Chozen was homeless for abit in the past 2months
2- Chozen's Fiance' totaled his car in the past 2months
3- Chozen is having monetary issues in the past 2months
4- Chozen is very overwhelmed with finishing his current certifications/work in the past 2months

5- Chozen found out his mom is dying in the past month.

That is all.

Tin

Smash Journeyman
Nacker and Chozen plan to have our names up on that list as of this Saturday, when we win critical hit..

Also.. to address the fact that Chozen has not been on the tourney scene very recently.. well...

1- Chozen was homeless for abit in the past 2months
2- Chozen's Fiance' totaled his car in the past 2months
3- Chozen is having monetary issues in the past 2months
4- Chozen is very overwhelmed with finishing his current certifications/work in the past 2months

5- Chozen found out his mom is dying in the past month.

That is all.
Much condolences and I <3 you Chz but I don't think personal problems are appropriate for this casual board.

: D

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
Unfortunately the inter-regional competition has been almost non-existent in brawl so far, so it's hard to judge between regions. Hopefully that'll be somewhat resolved this weekend at CH3. I know DSF, Ajax, and dookdigity at least are gonna be there (and at my house, ****in A!)

Coen

BRoomer
BRoomer
I'd hate to say it, but I believe I'm currently one of the best, if not the best, ROB in the Netherlands. There are a few others but they don't nearly spam as much or as well as I do xD Face it, ROB is freaking easy. I've won like 95% of my matches with ROB total, and the 5% I lost is against Gaki, who is currently probably the best/high estimated player in The Netherlands. And even against him, I won more matches than I lost. I love how playing ROB in a super-gayish way just annoys every kind of people out there, even those who don't get upset very quickly.

PSYCHIC OMG CONFUSION

soloSHADOWROB

Smash Journeyman
& Futile, HugS, Aero, Me (Shadow), Lite, Edge, Ajax, DQ, Nanerz, Germ, King, Dark, Pancho, Teba, BOA, Hostility, Insomniak, LeeWatch, Creepy, BarDull, Plan 9
lol
The list goes on and on and on bro
West coast is a beast and we consist of alot of players not just Snakes and MK haha
I laugh at people when they say all we got is DSF when all of EC has is just Snake hehe

soloSHADOWROB

Smash Journeyman
I dont know if you were implying that to something else in a way but ooook.
East Coast is almost all Snake haha
Where as us have like . . . EVERYTHING!!!!

omegawhitemage

BRoomer
BRoomer
We actually have a lot of diversity as well, but fewer large tournaments where all these people show up. So the winners are usually snake, but more recently blackmage's GW has been winning everything. also MK and D3 do well.

Just cuz we don't have wario winning random tournaments (wtf?) doesn't mean it's all snake.

MookieRah

Kinda Sorta OK at Smash
Oh here it goes again. It's been a while since the rivalry has been like this. I can't wait to see East Coast vs West Coast crews in the Mid West.

Why the balls am I stuck in the South? That's some ole' boooooollllllll ****.

omegawhitemage

BRoomer
BRoomer
Mookie - Regardless of location you should try to come to Caty4, we're doing crews there as well.

Also, WC sucks b@lls

Ch0zen0ne

Smash Lord
As opposed to..

FACT: About 0.2 % of the competitive WC community is good. The other 99.8% recognize they are bad and wish they lived on the EC for better competition.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom